Joe Douglas interview on WFAN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 30, 2020.

1. i appreciate the response but this is literally the same stuff you guys have been posting all along.

I & many others have posted reasonable inferences as to why Some of Gase’s criticisms are off base;Then we get basically the same response you just posted.

Your last paragraph kinda sums it up .”look support gase all you want”.LOL but im not even PRO Gase..you guys make it a black or white connotation. You are way too extreme on this issue for a reasonable conversation.

Im no hypocrite.Im likely just as extreme against the Anti WR/Patriots crowd..but not everybody who doesnt wanna fire Gase is making excuses OR sold on the guy.Shades of gray my friend.

MoWilkBeast, rammagen and FJF like this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't like Gase. I don't think he will win. I think he has proven 4 years to not be an NFL quality HC. His offenses are horrible.

But that said I'm over every thread being derail into Gase hate or love. Both sides go overboard. He will be here this year. If he doesn't improve the team he should be fired. No more chances. Not more excuses from either side. Just drop it, wait to see what happens this year. If he fails bad send him down the road. Its put up or shut up time. But that said I don't wanna hear griping about it all year.

#62 J-Raw24, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Red Menace, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel that way Kurt, that those who disagree with you are pigheaded, and don't listen to your side of things. But aren't you just as insitent on your POV?

I guess on this issue, we'll just to agree to disagree.

rammagen likes this.
  4. On certain topics? Absolutely. Many times on my own island. Again,im not a hypocrite.

But it’s gotten alittle extreme.It derails 75% of threads on here. Im more anti gase than i am Pro but when we cant even look at the whole picture w.o calling every factor that might possibly give Gase some slack an “excuse”..its no longer impartial in nature.

J-Raw24 and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

I won't make any promises I can't keep, but I'll try to not "rise to the bait" regarding Gase. I've accepted that he's going to be the HC this season, and honestly hope that he proves me and the other doubters wrong - after all, we're all Jets fans and want them to win. We'll just have to see what happens.

J-Raw24 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's an argument that I have unfortunately found myself in time and time again. Even if I tell myself to not take the bait.

The problem is exactly what you have said, certain people despise the man and it does not matter what reason there is, they will pound it down your throat that he has got to go and he is never going to be a good coach. If you point out the roster last year and the injuries, it's an excuse and other coaches have won with similar or worse situations. If you point out him losing his starting QB and backup, it's his scheme and other coaches are able to scheme with a backup's backup. If you point out his good record to end the year, it's because we had an easy schedule against shitty teams.

It's an argument that has truly become ridiculous. And the part the infuriates me the most is the final phrase that seems to constantly follow: "look, we're all Jets fans and we all want to see him succeed".

That's horseshit. That's complete horseshit. A Jet fan that truly wants to see their head coach succeed acknowledges the pitfalls around him and acknowledges the absolute shitty situation he was in last season.

And lastly the constant pointing back to his previous years in Miami is nauseating. He was coaching a horrendous roster in a horrendous organization. But let's even ignore that. Let's just say he couldn't win because he didn't coach well. So that means he will never become a good head coach? That means that now he's doomed forever? There is very little logic behind these arguments and it shows time and time again

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

TBH I find it interesting people are giving Bowles an excuse, to me he was hated here from day 1 and people thought Mac was truly the best GM since sliced bread early on.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You win
    You lose
    I have won
    I have lost
    You are winning
    I am losing

I am loosening my belt
    Your pants are loose
    The cows have been let loose in the field.
    Keep that loose change in your pocket or you might lose it.

I hate being a spelling Nazi because I am dogshit at English but I really do hate 'loose' for lose, sorry :oops:

Red Menace likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Their,there,they’re

K'OB likes this.
  10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Because it is true and you guys are ignoring that. We are not making facts up or things about the man. everything I have posted is true. While Gase supporters have feelings or notions. Let's look at you yo post you are not a Gase supporter but the above certainly looks like it.
    POST FACTS rather then opinions because you know what they say about opinions....Seriously people listen and debate facts and the facts is you have to post any fact rather excuses about injuries when every team has them.
    This is from March come on give some facts but dont expect to have any logic conversation when you can't provide them and want to base it on opinions people do not share.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/

Facts are simple period every team has injuries that is fact so to allot of people the difference can be minute in coaching and in game prep and those areas gase has failed so far.

These quotes like he did not loose the locker room . Really because you post before this one says you done because of we are knocking n Gase my reply was simply you have evidence to the contrary please post those post some facts where he deserves the benefit of the doubt He has been a head coach 4 yrs and in that time you should see growth, sorry but he has not grown. He is a bad coach until he proves otherwise.
    You know maybe if any gase supporter gives any actual facts, verifiable facts of growth or improvement in the last 4 yrs, but they are really hard to find aren't they?

#70 rammagen, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  11. rammagen

What is really complete horse shit is your not wanting to understand the facts the prove otherwise rather then some magic feeling injuries happen to everyone yes or no......Good coaches plan and put there players into a position to succeed look no further then G Williams on the defense........Gases Offense have finished no better then 16 with Chicago and in the bottom 5 the last 4 yrs....he is supposed to be on offensive guru but he isn't please stop me when I say something that is not true.

What is nauseating is the lack of any proof you have to disprove the above, I actually point back to Denver to prove he is not a good coach...... We also have a horrendous coach but, that facts prove that until he posts and offense in the top half of the league and actually has a winning record. While you may be ok with mediocre most of want to win.

I don't hate the man I dont know him but I think he should have never been hired. Based on his bottom performing offensives and his lack of in game adjustments. What is funny is all the gase supporters in the world can argue those facts and go back to Miami was a different situation but ignore he helped build that team that failed....they ignore the players disliking him (IDC about that because you can be ass i am fine if we win)
    His offensive rankings are in the bottom 5 of the league you blame injuries but it is the nfl every team has injurious, it no excuse. Not to play the oline together in the preseason that was a gase decision but now the fall back is the oline sucked...you ignore the fact he helped put it together....Falk sucked you ignore the fact he brought the kid up from Miami where he coached the yr before.

Take off the blinders stop posting stupid crap about how stupid people are and post facts that back your arguments because that is how this works. I post facts, then you post facts and we debate but you have not posted one single fact. In fact you ignore the facts.. injuries are excuses look no further then our defense they still performed...fact. You do this because you want to believe he will get better. But what if he doesn't the track record so far after 4 yrs shows he does not in fact it shows a pattern of regression.

If Gase was in a shitty situation last yr he was partly to blame but you wont admit that the same could be said in Miami it was a shitty situation but Gase was partially to blame there as well.Once you admit that you will be on your way to reality. GASE is a bad head coach and has not done anything to improve and post like yours really make no sense you wasted 3 paragraphs and gave no facts.

What you miss does it mean he can become a good head coach no it doesn't what it means he is bad head coach right now and last yr and the 3 yrs before. It means Jets fans are tired of waiting for a good Coach and we should have never hired someone who has to learn on the job. Next year what will your excuse be? Because with people who give these BS arguments it is always an excuse rather then actual production or facts

A true Jets fan wants to winperiod and see a good product. gase put a product out there for 3 games that were historically bad and it was his doing, not Bowles not mine or yours but him. He put bad products up in Miami not Tannehill the owner or anyone else it was gase that were just as bad. The one year he made the playoff was Miami's easiest schedule.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And it continues.

It's a revolving door lol

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

This ^ is the crap that prods me into continuing this debate! My belief that Gase is not the right HC for the Jets (if in fact he's HC'ing material at all) has NOTHING to do with my personal feeling for him! Hell, I don't even know him! This "argument" in an attemtp to defend him is guitly of the exact thing you accuse me and other Gase non-believers of: simply based on emotion, not fact. The hypocrisy is astounding.

rammagen likes this.
  14. rammagen

Why did they hire a bad head coach and why should we put up with poor jobs from the head coach. The screwed up the hire so far that's my fault or your? Why support a bad head coach this is not a new head coach this guy is going into his 5th yr and you want him to grow into the position? The issue he has not grown in the past 4 what in the world are you basing this faith in because it is not on facts.
    Get the right head coach you want a coach to grow into the job then get a rookie you expect a experienced head coach not to make the mistakes Gase made

15. rammagen

This is my point people ignore facts, I dont know the man how can I hate someone I have never met? I do know bad coaching and Gase is a bad coach that is not my personal feelings, that is based on his record as a coach.

16. FACT: Team started 1-7,finished 7-9

FACT Darnold was top 5 statistically in completed passes into tight windows.Suggests progress.

FACT:Young head coaches often get better.SEE: Pete Carroll/William x. BelliCHEAT/Dick Vermeil/Bill Cowher/Bill Parcells

FACT:Miami is NOT the Jets.Different job.Different players.Different responsibilities.He handled personnel in Miami,He doesnt w Jets.That means more time devoted to coaching & perhaps someone else better equipped to bring in talent

FACT: injuries are NOT all created equal.William X. BelliCHEAT said himself that losing a starting QB is a devastating indictment. How many times has this occurred w Gase? Ill let you provide that FACT & get back to me. Additionally injury impact is much more acute w shallow roster depth.Did the Jets have good depth last season? Ill let you provide your OPINION on that notion.

OPINION: To some extent injuries are expected.But there are specific instances when injuries are so acute both in number & specificinpact players tht its impossible to overcome.Last yr fits the bill in My OPINION

FACT: When an OL cant identify fronts or block worth shit the logical resolution is to line up in spread to simplify blocking schemes & unload the box. Thats precisely what Gase did most of the yr.

FACT: when your OL cant block worth shit you quite often need to keep Extra blockers in to help.Advanced stats suggest Bell is one of the best blocking RBs in the NFL

Opinion: Stats suggest Bell got plenty of receiving attempts..they just weren’t effective.

OPINION: Gase has put together the strongest coaching staff the Jets have had since Parcells NOT including Douglas who might be the best GM since Parcells.

In my OPINION its not all bad.There is some hope.Im skeptical.There is plenty i dont like about Gase.But ill be damned if the stuff written above are just excuses.

17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. Both sides can bicker all day long. We all have our opinions if it. Its meaningless and derail every thread. This is a Joe Douglas thread. You wanna grip about Gase or suck him off please do so in the Adam Gase thread.

18. rammagen

Miami is not the Jets but the Jets hired a coach that has a loosing record, andno track record of building anything as a head coach. if you wanted a young coach to build and grow into the role then Rhule was the guy, if you wanted an a decent turn around and build a strong foundation then The cowboys coach was your guy. if wanted an offensive coach that has not done anything without a a hall of QB then Gase is your guy. You have to base what you are getting on what has been done in the past? ecause this is his second head coaching job with no time inbetween the jobs.

Fact Gase help put together that crappy oline and did not play them as a unit in the pre-season and then threw them into game one and went down hill from there. Fact Gase brought in Falk and the kid bombed that was Gase and no one else. The coach has a large determination on who plays and Gase has that responsibility. If you know the oline you help put together is not suited for the scheme you want to run then you adjust your blocking scheme.

Fact every team has injuries the Jets lost their starting linebackers in the inside but the G.Williams did a decent job with back ups and adjusted to help them succeed Gase did not do that on the offensive side of the ball. Sorry but we disagree here injuries are an excuse. Every team has them, it just seems you want to see the glass half full but you when you measure the stats of the offensives he put together along with his record he should not be the head coach and should not have been hired. Trusting him to build a foundation is beyond ludicrous because anything you build is not being built on a solid foundation based on his track record as a headcoach. One prolific season with Peyton Manning is not a reason to keep giving the guy chances.

Fact Gase who is considered an offensive guru has finished in the bottom 5 of the league 4 years in a row and 16 in Chicago.
    For the coaches you named here all the coaches except Pete won with the team that hired them the first time, Gase has regressed he has not improved regardless of Miami and what you think happened is besdie the point he went downhill after making the playoffs with an easy schedule and then regressed.

The NFL is not a place to grow into a job that is for college, especially for a coach that is now in his second job when he has not shown any growth just regression in 4 years on the job based on facts not feelings but metrics. I want the Jets to win but they hired a guy who has not produced anything tangible results in 4 years as a head coach. Last year was wasted we had the easy schedule with limited travel and there were times Gase looked completely disengaged and lost on the sidelines. Look no further the the Philly game as an example.

For the performance we had last year we could have kept Bowles and got the same results and at least some of the arguments about growing into the job might be considered legit. All those coaches you named showed growth in 2 to 3 years as the head coach every single one.

If you are going to name coaches as examples of growth on the job show someone who had 4 to 5 years to show progress. All those coaches made the playoffs by yr three some by year 2. Your examples are not examples for this reason. With the exemption of Pete who had a second job with New England all those coaches won with the team that hired them. Pete took 2 yrs as the defensive coordinator with the 49er before going to NE as the head coach. Something Gase really should have considered. In fact Pete then went to USC and had a great run after NE before going to Seattle so something can be said about growing in the college ranks rather then the pros.

If you ask me the way people as chatting and the exceptions, Rhule was the guy we should have hired he has a track record of building loosing programs as a head coach, is young and would have gotten that time to build something or grow as you want to say with out the exceptions.

Bellicheck was 3-1 then the owner announced he was moving the team and then the players and the fans quit.

Carroll....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Carroll#National_Football_League_(1984–1999)
    Playoffs yr 2 first yr in NE

Bellicheck...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick#Cleveland_Browns_(1991–1995)
    Playoffs yr 3

Cowher....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher#Professional_career
    playoffs yr1

Parcells....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Parcells#New_York_Giants_(1979−1990)
    playoffs yr 2

Vermill....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Vermeil#Professional_career
    playoff yr 3

19. And you’re now blocked.Youre an utter waste of time. I now have a DAMN good reason to support Gase.Solely in spite of YOU!

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

No Team or HC has won anything with an offensive line that ranks at the bottom of the bottom of the bottom. None.

FJF and Imagesrdecieving like this.