Jets with Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Oct 7, 2009.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

With the acquisition of Braylon Edwards Madden just got a lot more fun to play...actually have somebody to throw to besides Cotchery and Keller...:beer:

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

yeah all of a sudden people aren't gonna wanna play me when i use the jets.

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

i already use the Jets a lot online and I love using them

Edwards catch rating is only a 79 but it's still better then stuckey, clowney, and whoever you would use at WR.

The great thing about Edwards is his 99 spectacular catch and 99 jump rating. I just practiced with him and he made some great catches. I just threw some up for grabs in double coverage and he came down with it. Gonna be an awesome weapon in madden.

This is how I have my WR set online

1: Edwards
    2: Cotchery
    3: Clowney
    4: L. Washington

EXCELLENT!

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I put Leon as my 4th wr also...

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

In franchise, how do we trade for him? I offered Stuckey (71 ovr), Trusnik (63 ovr) and a 3rd Round Pick, and they rejected.

6. 624

624 Banned

They had a roster update for him already?

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

offer a #1 and try and get back a #2

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Just tried that, no luck. I even tried Stuckey,Trusnik, and a #1, no go.

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

what i would do is trade thomas jones and whatever u need to for braylon. then just go with leon and greene

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Probably not, but when they do, I will be Jets and Jets only. They're already my primary team, but now they'll be fun to play with for the first time since...last year.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I can't seem to win with the Jets. It's hard to pass deep with them so the entire field is shortened. Leon isn't as good in the game as he really is, and TJ is practically useless.

I found new success with the Bears. Olsen is a good TE, Hester and Knox are legit deep threats, and their D is serviceable. so far, 2-0 against 2 pretty good opponents. And they werent even close.

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Trade it on main screen and start a new franchise.

13. 624

624 Banned

I think Leon is amazing in Madden, despite some costly fumbles. I really like using the Jets, their defense is very good and Keller, although only rated a 77 is still very good in Madden cause of his 86 speed. Now with Braylon and Cotchery they should be even better, I had no trouble putting points up with them without Edwards, should be insane now.

(I start Leon at HB and Gholston at DE in place of Douglas)

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I run the same. Im just not as good with a 3-4 team as a 4-3 team. Their offense lacks firepower, or quick strike ability. Im tired of the methodical drives, ala Chad Pennington.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I love the 3-4 and the different fronts I can use. I just wish the LBs were a little faster.

And not using Gholston at LDE is stupid, unless you prefer to play a safety or LB.

I don't like all the Jones hate, either. There have been a few times where he's getting gang tackle, and I'm able to hit stick my way out of it.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the bears and jets are my two primary teams in madden. leon has always been a beast for me online. he breaks more tackles than thomas jones usually and because he is so fast i can usually break a nice run or two with him a game. passing can be a bit rough with them, but i like to run a shorter ass game most of the time anyway so it works for me.

the bears are a good example of how madden is far away from being realisitc. because pretty much every receiver runs their routes the same hester is a beast with his speed. the defense is really nasty for the bears. especially if you put urlacher back in the lineup.

i think after they update the jets with braylon i just won't have a reason to use any other team.

17. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is incredibly mobile in madden. I usually spread the field and wait for someone to get open. If I feel any pressure I just make a run for it.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well you know whats gonna happen, It always happens.

A player comes to the JETS and Madden takes away crazy points....

I can almost guarantee that his ratings will take a hit.

I mean Revis had to shut down 3 elite WR's to get a point increase....seriously?

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

CSL of the Operation Sports forums figured out a way to trade for Edwards if you already started your franchise.

- http://www.operationsports.com/foru...66281-how-trade-edwards-jets-franchise-2.html

It works perfectly (at least in my game). For some reason though, I needed to sign a LT. I signed Free Agent Qasim Mitchell ($990K with $110K Bonus for 1 year. I do not plan on playing him once, I just signed him to fill the roster spot). I need to sign a LG also. I signed Free Agent Jacob Bender (the same $990K with $220K Bonus for 1 year, again, do not plan on playing him once).

#19 macbk, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  20. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Roster update will be out today Friday Oct 9th Both Cotchery & Edwards will be rated 84 OVR