Jets will be players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Mar 5, 2006.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I don't know how far under the cap the Jet's are with these two latest moves buy my guess is at least 10 mllion. First move is a center maybe Bentley, maybe Harwig, maybe McKinney from the Dolphins. Next Kitna and a nose tackle.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Change the title to "Jets will be playas" and you will get more responses. :)

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It makes ZERO sense for the Jets to be anything but rebuilders/bystanders this year. Anything else would be a waste of money. If they haven't learned their lessons yet, they never will.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

they have money. but i doubt they spend crazy. or go after many big names if any at all.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They will add one maybe two guys at most. One will be a QB, the other an offensive linemen.

6. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

they need to target bently and a vet qb.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If there's a young guy out there, like a LeCharles Bentley (even though he's likely going to Philadelphia), who would be a big part of our success down the road, then there is reason to spend money.

8. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Kitna & McGinest should be our main FA signings, maybe a NT.

If we draft D'Brick & Mangold, we will have a LT (D'Brick), RT (Adrian Jones), C (Mangold), and a G P(Kendall)

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Why would we want McGinest? And you mentioned signing Kitna to a multiyear deal in another post. Why would you sign Kitna to a 4 year deal? That makes no sense to me.

10. Chad Vs THe World

that doesnt sound like 2 shabby of a line, but we still need to adress QB and RB, we dont have a option but to get younger at the power positions

11. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Any way you slice it we need to adress these positions either through the draft or FA...

C-Draft- wont have the money for Bently but may pick up Hartwig
    RT- Draft a round 2 guy....like Marcus McNeil mabye sign Mike Williams
    QB- We have Penny but wont start him..he will earn any PT he gets, we will get a guy not through through the draft unless its a late day 1 pick...I see us getting Ramsy or Kitna
    NT- I think we may go draft on this one with Ngati...there are guys like Sam Adams and Tedd Washington....but they are way past their prime
    ILB- I think we go with Bobby Carpenter with our 1st 2nd round pick #36...he has the versitility to play both ILB and OLB wich will determin where we go with Hobson

12. NewEra06

NewEra06 New Member

Good break down...if we could get all this done i think it would give us a great start.

13. nightowltom

nightowltom New Member

I think if Carpenter is there for NE at 21 they'd take him. He would fill a big need for them.

Bentley already has a deal from Philly he's willing to sign the minute free agency opens.

14. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Now we're talking about going after a vet QB? Really?? It is SOOOOOOOhard being a fan of this team!! WHY DID WE SIGN CHAD?????