Jets vs OAK Week 12 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 28, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Sorry for the lateness but happy thanksgiving all!

Studs

Gase - excellent gameplan. didn't get a TD opening drive but got a FG after a BS penalty negated a TD. great offensive playcalling and another 30+ points (even if 7 were from the D)

Greg Williams - has the D playing amazing despite the lack of CBs, injuries, and an edge rusher. we are now the 8th best D in the NFL and 1st best against the run. and only allowed 3 points. we shut down jacobs and barkley in the past 3 weeks

Darnold - Looked amazing and "rodgers-like" with him arm angles and improvising skills. that 3rd and 2 pass to robby was ridiculous. 20-29 315 yards 2 TDs 0 turnovers. also ran for a TD on a RPO

Robby - made a few nice catches. led the team with 86 yards on 4 catches and a TD on 5 targets. gase finally used him for more then go routes

Berrios - great in the punt return game with a big return and also had a 69 yard catch on a well designed play

Bell - 108 total yards and caught all 5 of his targets including the opening catch which was a great play

Griffin - caught all 3 passes 1 for a TD thrown his way

poole - amazing pick 6 on a tipped ball by hewitt

Bless - is playing lights out. has an 87+ PFF grade on the season. barely allows any catches. dude is a legit CB and now we only need 1 new starter

Maulet - playing well above his talent he deserves a stud. i'd like to keep him as depth but he's played very well as a starter the past 2 weeks

Adams - another half sack and again did everything and was everywhere

Defense as a whole - held the raiders to 3 points. shut down carr and jacobs.

Pass protection - only allowed 1 sack all game and generally sam had time to throw. Shotouts to beechum and harrison especially beechum. we are 4-1 when beechum and sam are playing

Duds

Run blocking - still very weak. no holes in the run game

Pass rush - only 1 sack all game and came on a safety blitz

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nice write up.

Those dropped passed doomed the Raiders early. If those passes were caught, and drives maintained, Gase would have been playing from behind. I think we still win the game, but more like 17-14.

Anderson' catch on that double flea flicker was amazing. He had to turn 180 (under thrown ball), catch the ball over the DBs head, then hold on while the DB was banging at the ball all while falling back on his head/ass. I argued with someone last week, pulling for Anderson's ability to snatch the ball out of thin air with his great hands. That person said Anderson was weak and drops the ball with minimal contact. Not so on THAT play, it was awesome!

I wish Sam had put more air under it and it went for 7, but with several overthrown deep balls lately I guess I understand.

Again, good write up!

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Funny as much as people call Robby "twig", he's sure durable...has played more than Enunwa, who's built 225 for example

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Uniforms didn't look like total ass as well.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, the uniforms haven't won me over yet. Any uniform looks better after a big W.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I like the uniforms. Actually it’s the shade of green that makes the difference. I would of been happy had they kept last year's logo and design but simply changed the color tone to what they have now.

Dierking and Ralebird like this.
  7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

They sure did, but as the old sports cliche goes it was the same for both teams... We caught and won, they dropped and lost.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think Anderson has really good leaping ability that makes him an above average deep threat outside of his speed alone.

Still don't think he's a 1, but he's a good WR

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

But they sher did look half-assed!