Jets vs NYG Week 10 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 11, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Jamaal Adams - complete game changer. 2 sacks 2 FF 1 TD. jumping over the pile on 4th and 1 to stop the QB sneak. So many big splash game changing plays from him. not bad for a "non important position" i'm sure we an agree adams was a huge reason we won. his sack/FF/TD was a huge momentum swing at a time we needed it

Jenkins - very underrated player. had 2 sacks in the pass game and 2 TFL in the run game. a great all around OLB for us. he's now got 5 on the season in 6 games.

Austin - who would have thought a CB we didn't expect to see this year who was a 6th round pick and just came off injury would be our best looking CB this game. he outplayed the rest which is a low bar but also outplayed pool. looks like he could be a draft steal/ 2 PDs 1 FF and 1 near INT and good coverage all around

Shepard - returned from the suspension and got a sack already. he looked good eating up space in the run game too

D-line - fuck it give it to the whole d-line. barkely had 13 carries for 1 yard. We also had 6 sacks as a team which is a season high

Darnold - the number aren't impressive but he looked great. buying time keeping calm, making big time throws under pressure. no turnovers. Would have been nice if he hat the flea flicker to smith

Gase - i'll give him credit. this team was ready to play. we had a great offensive game. I like how he went for it on 4th down with a TE playing FB. and the flea flicker. and the RPO for a TD on the opening drive. He opened up the playbook a bit here

Crowder/DT - crowder clearly is a darnold favorite. the 2 combined for 11 catches 165 yards and 1 TD

Greg williams - great defensive gameplan despite all the injuries and lack of talent at CB.

Duds

Hairston - was awful and got benched. tough game for him

O-line - still can't block for shit

Poole - got owned by tate all game. he's been amazing this year but this was a bad game for him

Maye - had a rough game. took bad angles on tackling again. and wasn't good in coverage. we need him to step him with all the issues we have at CB

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Under the OL - how about the penalties? Every damn week Sam extends a play, finds someone and it gets called back. He had Herndon for 30 yards but it got negated. Sam has over 200 yards passing negated due to penalties.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

When you’re just bad and get beat you tend to hold/ commit penalties

It’s just a multi layer problem and is the main reason why we’re 2-7 (Besides Mono)

Can’t run the ball with Bell, make up for it by putting the team in 3rd and longs only to get Darnold killed or commit penalties...rinse and repeat

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

now that winters is hurt, we may see less penalties

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Winters is just awful. Classic addition by subtraction scenario here.

TwoHeadedMonster, Pepsiguy5 and SOJAZ like this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Duds- Robbie Anderson. This guy continues to never get open and on one of the few times he gets open and a pass is on him, a defender wrestles it away because the guy is weak. Such a disappointment.

7. GasedAndConfused

TO be fair to robby with no o-line it's hard for his style to have an impact. sam has also missed him quite a few times on what would have been TDs. also he drew a PI penalty that set us up for a TD. lots of times he draws penalties when he beats someone cause teams would rather take the PI then let up the deep TD. He has more of an impact then the stats say. he also pulls attention away deep allowing crowder and DT to work underneath

SOJAZ, BudJet and Mogriffjr like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

yeah IIRC that penalty wasn't lewis fault. he took on 2 blockers while 2 other lineman sat there blocking nobody.
    ypu that too. most lineman would rather get flagged then allow their QB to get killed and possible get a turnover. 1st and 20 is better then 2nd and 17 or a fumble

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

That’s true but even on the PI, the DB is draped on him with no separation and if he only looked back, that pass would of been incomplete. Robbie is a 1 trick pony though and I feel he should of developed his route running more at this point in his career. Just look at the route running of Crowder compared to him? Robbie straight line speed is his only saving grace as a NFL player at this point IMO.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

robby isn't quick or agile i get that but you want different types of WRs that compliment each other. Crwoder was the shifty slot guy, Enunwa was the YAC guy, anf robby is the deep guy. they all work well of each other. without robby they can jam up the inside more.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I think at this point we can all stop talking about Robby. I DOUBT he gets re-signed and its not like hes going to make an impact in the next 7 games

Dierking likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d be very surprised if Robby isn’t back next year. Jets would’ve accepted whatever was being offered at deadline if they didn’t plan to bring him back.

He also hasn’t had the kind of season that will demand big bucks in FA and showed when he wasn’t traded that he really wants to be a Jet.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

We can debate whether he’s lost something or he’s injured or it’s just the putrid offensive line, but there’s no question that Bell was a complete dud yesterday.

Br4d likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh I don’t know . No that I am all but eliminated from playoff contention in my fantasy league I’d expect him to give me a couple of big games

15. GasedAndConfused

he injured his ribs in the game

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Agree with it all.

This might not be a popular opinion but sometimes it sees like Poole would be a better FS than Maye. He is a better cover guy and much better tackler.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Oh come on, he leapt up and caught it right at the tip of his fingers the CB got his hand in between and stripped it out, so unless you have a vice like grip with your own fingertips you are just talking crap with the usual anti Robby agenda.

BTW he was open in the end zone after gaining separation at least once but Darnold didn't even look his way and checked down to Crowder to soon, I think this was on our 2nd td drive.

But in general, it is hard to gauge if WR's are getting free off TV coverage as they don't pan out far enough most of the time.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well currently he is a no trick pony, if the OC won't let the QB go long then you will never see the best of Robby.

It seems some people just like having a scapegoat and it seems he is an easy target.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

To be fair to Robbie he's 104 in receptions and 77th in yards this year in NFL receiving stats. He does almost none of the little things good WR do and he's route running is atrocious and hasn't improved at all since he was a rookie. Robbie will be lucky to get the vet minimum next year.

FJF and 94Abraham like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

I don't get why you hate robby so much but ok. you think what you want to think