Jets to be patient with Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

#1 Jersey Joe 67, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    CBG, jetstopgun and jilozzo like this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm out of patience. That's like telling someone in the middle of the Mojave Desert who's out of water to "Hang in there".

Fuck patience!

NYJ79, Cman68, K'OB and 9 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

MetLife is gonna be a toxic waste dump tomorrow, and the Jets deserve every last bit of it.

Also, Schefter is better than this comparison:

"The chatter surrounding Gase is reminiscent of the situation with the Cowboys earlier this season, when fans were calling for coach Jason Garrett's job before the team won two games in a row and quieted some of that talk. The Jets are hoping to do the same."

Gase and the Jets can't hold Garrett and the Cowboys' jockstraps (except for one fluky week of course).

CBG, NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sadly predictable isn't it?

The only real question will be after somehow winning 3 more games when will his 2 year extension be offered?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They ain't about to pay 3 people not in the organization. They bounce Gase, and they'll be paying Bowles, MacCagnan too. Doesn't matter if Sam doesn't survive this. They'll simply chalk it up to bad luck and draft another victim they'll gas up to be the FQB.

It's Gase and another year's worth of excuses for 2020. There should be some really good excuses next year too. I'm looking forward to reading them in the blogs and the papers. I can even see the Johnsons gifting another 3 year extension to Gase just for winning 4 games.

#6 Cman68, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Wahoo and Longsuffering88 like this.
  7. This ownership just doesnt get it & refuses to go the extra mile to create a culture of accountability & a standard for winning.

Things are about to get real ugly.Not for Jet fans..we’re already at rock bottom & apathetic at best.

Opposing fans in the stands will only go so far in lining their pockets.. Jet fans have had ENOUGH of incompetent management & refusing to do the hard right to create a winning standard.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course he is. There is nothing to gain from firing him right now.

NYJFOREVER, Aero, Jake and 1 other person like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Clueless.

How ownership is this dumb is way beyond my capable understanding.

If Gase is the coach for next year, I'll be done with this team.

I'm so fucking close to that already, I can't fucking bare the idea of this guy being the HC for the remainder of the season.

Let alone, next year.

Fuck this team and fuck this limp dicked owners "patience".

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Shit's going to hell in a hand basket vs. a winless team and this bug-eyed jerk is sitting off by himself staring at his play-calling sheet ?

Add to this a talent-strapped roster, Dowell Loggains, the Johnson Bros.......

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I could understand being patient if the team was playing competitive football and the QB was showing progress. Right now, neither of those are happening. The QB whisperer has made Bates' offense look like a juggernaut. And why should it matter how many coaches and executives the Johnsons would be paying if Gase gets canned? It's a drop in the bucket for them.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This means the Jets will go (4-4), if not better, the final 8 games. Johnson will use it as an excuse to keep Gase for 2020, and the cycle will repeat itself with another disappointing season next year. I personally would not fire a first year Head Coach who has had to deal with the injuries and set backs that Gase has had, but he has also shown me enough to think he likely is not the answer. What a mess!

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's funny you bring up Bates. I was actually thinking about Bates the other day and how I wasn't a huge fan of his, but how he really seemed to cater to Darnold's strengths. Keeping him under center when appropriate, rolling him out, getting him in rhythm. I wasn't thrilled giving a guy who hiked mountains for three years the keys to our FQB but it didn't look terrible. It also had relatively the same group of losers along the offensive line that only allows 37 sacks in 16 games.

I also never understood why Morton became the scapegoat when McCown started in 2017. I thought we flung the ball around decently that year. I know the record wasn't great but it still looked ok. I know Bowles needed a scapegoat though.

I guess Gase gets the rest of the year. I was just hoping he got KO'd after Miami so we could start texting Harbaugh and sending McCarthy edible arrangements to apologize for not hiring him.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

More of the same ass backwards owner"shit". These trust fund babies are clueless just like the head coach. This isn't going to end well. Just hope it doesn't cause Darnold irreparable damage by the time the dust clears (Gase's eventual firing).

15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yup

you are correct imho

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Jets now entering Mets territory: an organization with nothing but complete derision for their fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Only Answer>>>Have attendance run to zero by Jet Fans and rub J and J noses in it

I wouldnt pay a dime to hear " no expectations for Playoffs " (2017-18 seasons) and now "Patience " with Gates by these rip off owners

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll be patient with a MetLife stadium full of opposing fans week in and week out.

Sick and tired of this organization.

19. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

I’m 100% on the same boat, man. I don’t even know how things would change for me, like in terms of being a fan of a team and just stopping cold turkey but the one thing I do know is that if by the press conference in January after the season is over, Chris Johnson doesn’t utter the words “Gase is not the best choice for us going forward” I’m done.

My mind just can’t fathom how someone could look at that fuck tard and think he should be given a whole nother season without regarding how Sam has looked.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Now I’m thinking

Hopefully this is the classic

“we believe in our coach” kiss of death shortly before he’s let go

but I believe no matter what, he is finishing the year