Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Manish Metha using "unnamed sources" to make a story again

Well apparently the NYDN has a story where "anonymous players" are ripping Tebow saying he can't be the No.1 QB. Before we get to the story lets go to another controversial story by Manish.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-01-11/news/30613306_1_mark-sanchez-jets-mike-tannenbaum

Yep, this story came out around January ripping Sanchez as lazy, using anonymous players. It was made as the biggest story that week except for the Denver's playoff game against Pittsburgh. Yes it was made by Manish.

Though I have to say at least Slauson put his name on it. I think Slauson was not trying not to disrespect Tebow, but to speak the reality of it, but Manish makes look like an insult. I do have to say for Sanchez's stuggles, Slauson should be the first one benched on the Offense, because he hasn't performed at all and Ducasse is actually better than him.

I would like to put a link but I'm boycotting any media anymore, though at least this story might take some heat off Sanchez and put it on Tebow, which might be a good thing this week. Sanchez has taken the wreath of the scum NY media for the past 4 years, maybe it time for Tebow to take a bullet now.

I think they should stick with Sanchez, why, because they did pay him to get out of this mess, time for him to earn his money. Also the schedule does lighten up, we probably played one the toughest schedule to date, with some of the top defenses in the NFL. It gets easier, supposedly.

Maybe it time for Tebow to release a statement saying that he "fully supports Sanchez as the starter, I know my role" so he can stop taking a beating in the media.

#1 Diddy, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Tebowmania may have captivated the NFL last season, but Tim Tebow’s new team doesn’t believe that he’s a savior.

More than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization painted a sobering picture of the player who rallied the Broncos to the playoffs last season. In their eyes, he’s simply not very good.

The prevailing thought in the organization is that Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick.

“He’s terrible,” a defensive starter told the Daily News.

Although Tebow told The News last month that he has made improvements as a quarterback over the past few months, none of the people in the organization who spoke to The News shared that sentiment.

Both offensive and defensive players admitted that they hadn’t noticed any appreciable improvement in Tebow’s quarterback skills in practice since he was traded to the Jets in March. Tebow has been a poor practice player throughout his career. His current teammates echoed sentiments from Denver Broncos players a year ago about the lefthanded signal caller’s poor practice performance.

The 3-6 Jets’ dwindling playoff chances haven’t changed this mind-set in the locker room: Tebow isn’t a panacea.

Despite Mark Sanchez’s league-low 52% completion rate and league-high four red-zone interceptions, the players believe he should remain the starter over Tebow, who has accounted for only 132 total yards and averaged seven offensive snaps per game. Rex Ryan has backed Sanchez without publicly guaranteeing that he will be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Left guard Matt Slauson, who has repeatedly supported Sanchez, made it clear that the fourth-year signal caller is the Jets’ best quarterback.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

When asked about the team’s two other quarterbacks on the depth chart as possible alternatives — Tebow and Greg McElroy — Slauson clarified that the Jets really have only one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

But could the Jets win with Tebow as the No. 1 quarterback?

“Do I have to answer that question?” a veteran starter said, shaking his head.

To most of the people in the organization, Tebow is nothing more than a specialty player who doesn’t have the requisite skills to be a true quarterback in the league. “We don’t look at him as a quarterback,” another starter said. “He’s the Wildcat guy.”

The designation dismisses Tebow’s success in Denver last season. Despite Tebow’s magic from a year ago, the Jets still view Sanchez as a much better option and have no immediate plans to bench him, according to sources. None of the members of the organization interviewed by The News believed that a zone-read offense tailored to Tebow’s strengths can help the Jets reverse their fortunes.

“Hell, no!” another starter said. “You got to keep defenses honest. You just can’t line up in the Wildcat all the time. That won’t work.”

Tebow’s legs provide a tempting alternative for the Jets’ slumping offense. “That’s the real threat he brings,” defensive lineman Mike DeVito said.

“He’s a winner,” said a Jets source, who made it clear that even though he wanted Tebow to get more playing time, Sanchez should remain the starter. “If he stays on the field long enough, usually good things happen.”

But most members of the Jets don’t believe that what they saw from Tebow last season is sustainable. “We can’t win running that sh--,” one player said.

They think Tebow’s heroics in Denver were a mirage.

“Now we’re depending on miracles?” a member of the organization said. “You can’t play that way.”

However, Sanchez’s poor play raises legitimate questions about whether a change — if only temporary — is in order for a team that has lost nine of the last 12 games dating back to last season.

The decision-makers don’t think that’s the right course of action. “It would take extreme poor play. . . . like a five-interception game,” said a prominent member of the organization. “Something where it was just ridiculous. It would take Mark to totally just sh-- the bed and become unglued (before there was a quarterback change).”

The organization has factored Sanchez’s weak supporting cast of skill position players into the equation.

“Look at some of the players he’s throwing to,” a Jets official said. “It’s garbage.”

Said another Jets source: “I’ve seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team.”

So, who wants Tebow to be the starter?

“Nobody,” a member of the team said.
    GANG CUTS LB MAYBIN
    The Jets have cut linebacker Aaron Maybin, according to a source. Maybin was a healthy scratch for the first time in Seattle. When the Jets signed Ricky Sapp off the practice squad last week, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said Sapp would serve a similar role to Maybin’s. The Jets signed Maybin last season after he was cut by the Buffalo Bills, who took him in the first round of the 2009 draft. With the Jets, Maybin finally found success, tallying six sacks, four forced fumbles and 11 tackles in 2011. It did not last. This season, Maybin has made just one tackle and has zero sacks.

According to a source, the Jets have added RB Kahlil Bell, who was needed after Bilal Powell suffered a concussion against the Seahawks. CB Isaiah Trufant was placed on IR with a knee injury, according to a source.

— Seth Walder

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722#ixzz2CC7TMrJ5

3. TheGreenCantona

jeesus, even when they try to show faith in their QB , they do so by ripping a fellow teammate.

This team is beyond help and rex is not building something sustainable.

In another article DeVito was even talking like him, saying we do not give up, other teams would do that but not this team blah blah blah.
    What have they done to be able to distinguish themselves from other teams in terms of spririt and togetherness? Talk about it.

4. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Is this real? Or just a prank?

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds like what a lot of us have been saying. I guess the guys who practice with him every day are nothing but "haters" too. :rolleyes:

6. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Damn harsh. Who would openly rip their teammates like that?

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

What a bunch of losers.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Slauson should really learn to shut the fuck up... his job isn't to evaluate QBs, it's to keep them up straight. A job he doesn't do very well...

9. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

This is what happens when you have an organization that can't draft talent. Can't find talent nor see what talent can transform into. Especially in a quarter back.
    When they originally drafted Sanchez I thought they should have stuck to an experienced quarterback one that a draft pick could learn under. In 2009 they had a playoff team and even a superbowl team. They just needed a quarter back with experience. I truly believed 2009 we had our shot to win the superbowl if we just didn't have a rookie qb running the offense. That team would have one or two years but that's it with all the money they spent on those players. . Maybe we win a superbowl in either of those two years with a veteran qb, let Sanchez learn as a back up. Then when we had to rebuild in 2011 build around the rookie. Just like they did in greenbay I Have always been against the rookie qb with the team we had in 2009-2010. I really thought those years, if we had a veteran qb, we could have won. Now that those years are over- we lose those players and Sanchez never regressed, he just was never that good, but we could have taught him a little better behind the scenes . I'm disappointed that now we are just putting band aids over problems not fixing problems. We should be in such a better spot right now but aren't becasue the time we spend fixing problems instead of building a team. That's the disappointment

The tebow thing is just a mess now. All forecasted. It's funny the guy never had a shot to even show something he showed last year. We are such a mess right now what is difference if he is in there or Sanchez. Can't do worse. It's funny how th emedia pegs a player and a league. " it's a quarterback league". So I guess everyone in the media that lists quarterbacks as a certain type have to be that type or they suck. It's amazing. A good player is a good player. Just becasue it's different doesn't mean it can't work. Give him a shot already. Look at Sanchez. He is the prototypical qb yet he can't get it done. Their is something to be said about the head of a football player and what that translates into. Some players have it and some don't. Let tebow fly. He may have it but just becasue he isn't a practice all star with a great arm like Sanchez doesn't mean he can't win. And after all, isn't this game about winning, not style points!

10. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

What sucks about Tebow? I'm not a Tebow lover but I am a Sanchez hater. Ever since he was drafted. I just can't see what exactly sucks about the tebow. All I saw last year is him win. I don't care if it looks great or not. It's a win.
    Practice doesn't make winners or losers. It's what you do in a game. For what I see in Sanchez completion percentage for 4 years now, he must be a really good practice qb! That's apparently what these guys base their decisions off of, guys like slauson Sure it's easy to throw td s in practice against your own D that's not looking to take your head off.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't care about the truth of the matter, you just don't do this.

This team is broken.

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Tebow is a freak. He is big, tough, and extremely agile for his size. You can't coach speed, champion's heart, and fire under guts.
    I really wish Jets can cut him. Most likely Belichick and McDaniels will pick him up. It will be much better for him to hold a clipboard for Brady and learn.

13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

i am getting ready to sky dive before this jet crashes and burns! 22 years and i see no light at the end of the tunnel. to save face Woody is going to have to grow a pair and make some drastic changes. if not who in their right mind will ever want to coach for a losing organization, not team, the organization doesnt know how to be successful long term.

14. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Articles like this are how teams and fans become divided. Great job manish

15. MondayNightMiracles

I really hope this is a prank.... If not that whole article is very sad.

If we're now pointing fingers and we have players talking bad about one another, then this whole team needs to be revamped.

This is bad....

16. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

what are joke we are

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Hahahahahaha YES.

We are a comical football team. Hiding behind anonymous tag.

But I AGREE.

Can someone post that backpage of the article?

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S2

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well this sucks to read. Never want to see people throwing each other under the bus.

This also shows why a QB switch hasn't been made. Turning the ball to Tebow would actually cause Rex to lose the lockerroom if this is accurate and staying with Sanchez would keep it steady. I made this point a couple times, but should have focused on it more, if you aren't a good practice player, how do you show your teammates/coaches that you deserve to start? I mean Sanchez has looked terrible, Tebow must look worse in practice. This was always the simplest and easiest reasoning why Tebow hasn't started, we just chose to ignore it.

Anyways, still stucks to read. Just because I don't think Tebow should be starting or is a good QB right now doesn't mean I don't root for him.

19. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Good grief that team is a MESS.

"We can't win with Tebow". Well, you ain't winning with Sanchez, either! I've never seen so many people so willing to accept such a strong degree of mediocrity without even attempting to make a change to get things going in the right direction. This is a lot like Denver last year, a LOT, except even John Fox wasn't this stubborn.

Tebow pretty much singlehandedly beat this team last year and yet all they can do is rip his abilities and they say they can't win with him. Unreal.

The Tebow hate has risen to new levels. There is so much more at work here than how they perceive his QB skills to be. Sanchez must send all these guys Christmas bonus checks every year. I understand loyalty to a friend, but coddling mediocrity is just pathetic.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah that pick 6 he returned to keep the Denver game close, really important. Singlehandedly beat them? (spitting out coffee emoticon)
    This what fans like me dislike. Ignore everything else that happened that game and give all the credit to Tebow.