Jets Reaction to Pitt Game...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crazylion26, Oct 15, 2006.

1. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Honest question. Do you think that the Jets at all are affected by Pitts win today? Meaning, do you think any of them felt like "you get what you deserve"? Does the team have any animosity twards him still?

2. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

I'm lost... I need some help with this topic

3. bamjets

bamjets New Member

I'm sure there are still some animosity towards him from some, but they got beat even worse the week before so I doubt they really gave much thought to it.

4. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

???????????????

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the Herm animosity, just like the animosity that exists for players that leave on bad terms, will last out the season and be mostly gone for the 2007 season. That seems like the standard time for most football grudges.

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

wow.. u needed to be a little more specific with this thread.... but anyway.. i don't think anyone on the Jets is concerned with Herm's efforts in KC. We have more than enough problems to deal with. I am sure they were so relieved that they didn't blow the game that they didn't care

7. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Ohhh, okay you're talking about herm. Ive been over herm since week 2. if the chiefs win, i dont care. if they lose, i dont care. We all should be over this "fail, Herm, fail" attitude.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say I didn't enjoy the KC destruction, but not really because I hate Herm. It's more of "I knew it was coming" kind of stuff, I guess...

9. crazylion26

crazylion26 New Member

Ok, since everyones asking for clarity... I'll be a little more specific.

With the way Herm blew us off, do you think that the Jets still have animosity towards him? For example, with the crushing that he took today, do you think it brought a smile on any of the Jets players to know that he got killed.

I know a lot of us are over Herm, but when you think about it... we're fans. We didn't go through 2-a-days with Herm, we didn't look up to Herm like the players did, and develop the relationship with Herm the way the team did. He built up their respect over the seasons... these guys really took to him. I think his move to KC affected the team more than it affected us.

I know it's random, but when I saw the final on the Pitt game today, I couldn't help but think... "I wonder if the Jets are happy with that?"

10. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I really don't think there's much animosity at all. The players are pretty much focused on what the Jets are doing right now.

However, if the Jets were to play KC next year, I would expect a lot of animosity to resurface from the players who were here in 05

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

yea, with that close of a game i would find it hard to believe that our players care what herm is doing

12. Mangini6881

Mangini6881 New Member

Herm is what he is: an OK coach who doesnt trust his players to make plays unless their is nothing to lose. Example of this is 2002 season he didnt open up the O until they were 2-5 and had nothing to worry about before the trip to San Deigo . This year it is the same thing. I understand that he doesnt have Green but even the opening week he wasnt challenging the Bengals. Herm should do what Spurrier did but in reverse...He needs to hire an O coach and stay out of the way. He can worry about the D and when or when not to go for it, but he needs to let someone else handle how a game is going to be called. If Herm was still our coach and Bradway was the GM, we would have Reggie Bush @ RB, Justin McCariens as our # 2 WR (instead of Cotch), we wouldnt have Ferg, Mangold or Clemens because they would have been traded for # 2 pick and Chad would be OUT from getting sacked by the old O line of Fabini and Mawae ect. Oh and I guarentee you Kerry Collins would be our backup/starting QB. OUch. I liked Herm as much as anyone while he was here, but I was drinking the Kool Aid. Now that he is gone I can see the error of his ways and how Mangini brings a diff mindset. Which is why I think he will be like BB...and next year we make the jump to 10-6 or 11-5 status.

2006 Season if Herm is the coach
    @ Tenn W 23-22 (actual W 23-16) We barelly hold on
    Vs NE L 42-10 (actual L 24-17) No Way we make that comeback in 2nd half
    @ Buff L 24-21 (actual W 28-20) Herm never won in Buffalo (ok he won once)
    Vs Indy L 38-21 (actual L 31-28) On side kick by Herm?? Please
    @ Jax L 27-17 (actual L 41-0) He actually wouldve kept this game close
    Vs Miami W 20-17 (actual W 20-17) Herm owned Miami

We NEED to blitz MORE if we are gonna run a 3-4 this year. Vilma is getting killed by it so if he cant make tackles, let him blitz all day. I say 1st offseason move is trade Robertson for anything (4,5, 6th round) and then with our first pick prolly in the 12-20 range take the biggest baddest nastiest DT on the board.

Thanks
    SJD

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

MAYBE herm enjoyed the jets destruction last week against the jags......

i am all for giving the "business" to edwards but it is a 2 way street - especially in football

jil

14. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

honestly, even though i liked herm, for some reason whenever the chiefs are losing im happy

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think ownership (Johnson) and the fans make a bigger deal out of it than the players do...

I know I'm happy - actually relieved the Herm era is over....

16. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I'm sure Mangini LOVES the guy. Bet he sends Herm a Christmas card this year.

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

noone on the team even cares about their own team losing two days later, im sure noone gives two shits how herm does. lets not confuse us fans and pro athletes. its a job for them, thats it