Jets @ Pitt 12/19

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by MParty7441, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Anyone planning on going to this game? I've heard people say that being an away fan at Pitt is a dangerous thing, anyone ever been to a Steelers home game as an away fan?

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I've been to one game at Three Rivers. I had no issue, just some good natured ribbing.....never felt threatened. IMO, Pittsbugh fans don't have too much hate toward Jet fans. It's all in how you respond, I just smile and move along. I've had more problems with a few drunk morons at Buffalo and Cleveland. Not as many Jet fans in Pittsburgh. Cleveland usually has a large group of Jet Fans.

Since the Jet chant is kinda of universal now...you'll get alot of J-E-T-S..suck, suck suck.

3. MParty7441

I've been to plenty of Jets away games. I went to the Jets @ Pats playoff game a couple years back. I was just wondering how the Steelers fans are. I've heard if you don't wear black or gold you get crushed on the whole game.

4. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I was at the Doug Brien game. Pitts fans were loud and passionate but good natured (if we had won it might have been a different story though). I think they partially didn't mind me because I was wearing a CMart jersey. Went to a great bar for pregame down the river, tons of Jet fans there, did the J-E-T-S chant a bunch, and headed into the stadium en masse. Beautiful, simple stadium with great sightlines, short beer/bathroom lines, etc, basically everything I wanted our stadium to be if they built a bare bones facility in Queens instead of the monstrosity at the Meadowlands.

I'm thinking of making the trip next month.

5. MParty7441

Let me know what you decide to do. I'd like to go with my dad and brother but my dad is worried that just 3 of us alone might get into some trouble. However, a group of 5+ Jet fans would be a different story.