Jets OL coach claims Vlad/Slauson rotation came from organization

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Nov 29, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Basically affirming the last three years: Ducasse is still Doo-Doocasse. Sucks.

2. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

This, in a nutshell, is exactly what the problem is with the Jets.

Why in the hell would higher ups be making football decisions on the field?

Disgusting.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

His "higher ups" include Sparano and Ryan who have every right to be making football decisions. I'm not saying that's who it came from, but I think your statement was a little off.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

cue the circus music,,,,,,ladies and gentleman if I may direct your attention to the center ring

5. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Fair point.

However, it is my opinion that Tanny was putting some pressure to prove his 2nd Round Pick isn't entirely a waste.

Even still, if the position coach is getting told who to play, despite his feelings on the situation, problems still exist.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Could very well have been Tanny considering he is probably going to need to rely on Vlad starting next season.

I find it a bit odd that Guge seems to throw whomever it is he is referring to under the bus, as well as Vlad ...

7. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Maybe he didnt get the message that Slauson sucks? A bunch of us did.. Fire his ass. One and done with his boy Sparano. Clowns

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If you read the whole article, you wouldn't condemn Sparano in this - simply because Sparano is told who he should play - and relays that to Guge.

Basically, the entire coaching staff is turning into Woody's lieutenants. Now I think I see why this team sucks so bad.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What article?

10. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

With the performance of the line this season, I would be shocked to see this guy back next season. And when you see the bus bearing down on you, may as well start throwing everybody under you in front of it first. If you can convince a future employer it wasn't your fault, maybe somebody else will hire you. At least I would think that is the thought process. Why else would you make the statements of a disgruntled former employee instead of repeating the "we have to get better" company line?

11. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

@KMart_LI : Rex said decision to rotate Vlad/Slauson came from him. He believes in playing everyone on his roster. (I'll leave that one alone) #nyj

12. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Well the Punk just threw his higher ups under the bus like a baby. I guess we see now that this oline coach is blaming Rex. Well good luck pal, slither on out with Sparano and his joke of an offense. I expect a broken locker room when you go 4-7 and are filled with mental patients. But coaches shouldn't lose their shit and start cannibalizing each other. This guy needs to get canned quick. Freakin embarrassing.

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I don't know how this confirms Ducasse sucks.

The way it sits lately now Ducasse is playing better than either Moore or Slauson and deserves to be in there over either of them.

This is more of an example of how Rex has no control over his team or locker room and needs to get his ass canned.

14. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

They'll play him and in his post game conference Rex will say all the imaginary awesome plays he had. It's all about perception, unfortunately there are idiots that buy into it and Rex's and T's jobs will be saved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. I hope he doesn't seriously believe those words..Ducasse has badly outplayed Slauson & deserves to be starting. I didn't like this clown from the start..Jets O-line has underachieved under him. Rex should make an example

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The hell is this non story? Of course you're going to rotate Ducasse in! We're trying to plan for the future when Brandon Moore leaves after this season!! It makes sense to give him more reps. Jesus TF Christ people can't handle ANYTHING. Anybody making a big deal over this needs to quit being a fan. Besides Ducasse has improved and he seems to run block better than Slauson. ESPN radio is making a HUGE deal over nothing with this as well. I had to turn that crap off again.

I dunno about you guys, but I think we need a new line coach and QB coach.

#16 Barcs, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I agree with the guy above; Rex does need to make an example of this guy and fire him. Our O-line has been average in protecting the QB but couldn't open up a hooker's vagina...

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Jets OL coach cranky about decisions made “high above” him

Angry coach?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-cranky-about-decisions-made-high-above-him/

The Jets are switching things up on their offensive line this week, but be careful asking the offensive line coach about it.

Assistant Dave DeGuglielmo was clearly displeased with the idea of rotating Vlad Ducasse in for Matt Slauson at left guard, saying the decision came “from high above me.”

“I don’t know,” DeGuglielmo said, via Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger. “Nobody tells me directly where it’s coming from. I just get the word that this guy’s going in. Coordinator tells me what to do, I do it.”

OK, then.

Rex Ryan said later he was the guy “high above,” his assistant, but it was clear DeGuglielmo isn’t wild about having to play Ducasse.

“He’s played well enough to be an every third series guy,” DeGuglielmo said of the former second-round pick. “Maybe.”

And of Slauson, who has been starting?

“Slauson is a big, tough, smart, strong kid. That’s what he is. There are too few of those guys in the world.”

DeGuglielmo was apparently crabby about having to talk to reporters at all, saying he thought linemen in general take too much criticism.

“Have you ever heard ‘those tight ends didn’t block well today? Those tight ends had a s—– year blocking? I mean come on,” he said.

This is beyond clown car, this is the kids in the back seat yelling at each other, and at some point Ryan or GM Mike Tannenbaum, or whoever the “high above,” happens to be is going to have to drop a “don’t make me pull this car over.”

19. Ted

Ted Member

Although Rex says it's his decision, I guarantee Sparano is behind this. It is his pattern. He juggled the Dolphins OL constantly then wondered why he never had chemistry. For your sake Sparano should be jettisoned as soon as the season is over. If he isn't, you can expect to see more of this and no real improvement to the offense next season.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ted ,,,for OUR sake I hope a few of these guys are jettisoned ,,,,,,I cannot believe that this organization after what I thought had hit an all time low last year has once again gone lower than I imaginable !