Jets' Needs in the Offseason....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by All Star, Dec 15, 2006.

1. All Star

All Star Active Member

From what I see, I'll list them in order:

1: Massive NT (Move Robertson to End, or find a good DE to replace Kimo)

2: Passrushing beast OLB (Need to rotate in with current LBers, take away Chatham's and Kassel's playing time)

3: Some kind of consistancy at LCB spot (Dyson is perfect, but we either need to teach Miller how to be consistant, or sign someone)

After this it's a toss up on the order of need:

- Third WR (Brad Smith may not be ready yet, McCareins may be gone, and I don't know about Dwight coming back....)

- QB (If it's possible to find someone better than Chad, if not stay put)

- RB (Only if it's a sure thing, I don't want to get someone just for the sake of getting someone)

- RT (I would think someone in the draft?)

I think that's pretty much it? Comments?

2. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

RB Cornish of Kansas. I wouldn't take him in the first round. In the mix in the second for sure.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I pretty much agree with that top 3. I don't agree with the need for a 3rd WR (let smith play first) and we don't need a RB either.

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I would definitley use our first round oick on either a DE that can pass rush or a CB. I would hold off on RB unless somebody really good was available.

5. All Star

All Star Active Member

With RB that's why I wrote only if we can find someone who is actually an upgrade, and with WR, if Cocthery or Coles goes down, we will be really, really, thin at WR, not only that but we don't have another TE who can catch besides Baker (Sean Ryan is more of a blocker)

6. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I would add OG to the list since Kendall is getting very old. I agree about WR, but with the reasons you mentioned (Smith might not be ready yet), I think its an issue you address in free agency, not the draft.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

In no particular order: G, T, NT/DE, RB, OLB, CB

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I would rather get more depth on the O-line than draft another CB.

9. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Here are the needs as far as I see them in order. Although the draft and free agency will dictate how this will be done. For example, if we can get a stud CB then that is who we should draft/sign rather than a medicore player at a position of higher need.
    1) OLB
    2a)OG
    2b)OT
    3)NT
    4)CB
    5)RB

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The need for a NT is over.. DROb has been more than alright at that position and we get depth coming back next year with Pouha & Tui. It would make no sense to move him to DE after he has finally learned to play NT.. our Needs in no order..

RB
    OG
    RT
    DE
    CB
    OLB

11. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

I disagree. While D-Rob has palyed VERY well, his position is not a NT. If he has been this good battling 2 and somtimes 3 blockers in the middle, think about what he could do rushing off the end. Think how he would be an improvement over Kimo in regards to holding the edge on runing plays..or his taking up space and blockers for a rushing LB.

Although he obviously has had an issue or two Albert Haynesworth would be Fantastic in Green and White. He DEMANDS 2 blockers EVERY play. Now he might not be a typical Mangini player, but he has been quiet from an off the field aspect since the begining of the year. He deserves a LONG look in the offseason...

12. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

you can get him day two easily.

our draft needs consist of marshawn lynch, lamar woodley, and brian leonard.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I like Haynesworth, but his body type seems as if it would be better suited at DE. Seems a little tall to effectively play the 3-4 nose. Ellis-Robertson-Haynesworth is a pretty damn good 3-4 line, though.

14. All Star

All Star Active Member

I don't want Albert Haynesworth, and he would never even be considered by Mangini after that incident this year...........

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

We definetely need an upgrade at TE, LG, RG, NT, weakside linebacker, RE, RB. Obviously they can't get do all of this in one offseason. Those 4 first day picks and free agency will be very important.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I pretty much agree with your picks and thoughts on DRob and returning DTs , but I would like to see DRob line up as an end on occasion , maybe RDE??

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think TE is a position that is still transitional at the moment. We actually have some good personell in there with Baker, Dearth and Ryan.

If the first draft of Mangini and Tanny is a bench mark we should do well in the next draft , expectations will be high.

18. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I agree with you, I think people are vastly underrating our need for a solid bookend across from Ellis. I'd rather have a hole up the middle and at least funnel the RB that way than on the outside and let him bounce outside for bigger gains.

19. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Honestly I think the reason why DE hasn't been mentioned a lot is because they were expecting to see Robertson at DE full time. They clearly need a DE or DT, the question becomes to me which place Robertson is better suited to play.

20. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

bottom line is i hope jets don't spend their money on talented egos just like the giants have. they need guys who can play into the system.