Jets May Have No Picks Left, BUT...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFanInPA, Apr 24, 2010.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Don't forget that this is one of the more talented draft classes in quite a while... This means that there will be plenty more talent that will go undrafted as well. So the drafting might be done, but I guarantee there will be some great prospects and some surprising names to go undrafted..

Don't forget that the Ravens found some great undrafted players on defense when Ryan and Pettine were there. You'd be shocked how many great players they found..

So it's not over yet! They'll be able to pick up some great potential depth and prospects once the draft is over... And with this talented class, who knows?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm including Cromartie, Edwards, and Holmes into this draft class too.

#2 Mr Electric, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Braylon too

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

can you really include cro though since we traded a pick next year for him?

looking back, the cro trade is still freaking amazing work by Tanny

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I said it in another thread, we have a scary CB trio that can stay together for a long time since the #29 overall contract is pretty low.

6. ........

........ Trolls

You can't really include Cro.

You could include Lito, though :smile:

7. ........

........ Trolls

Given the numbers we're looking at for Revis, I don't know about that, but I do feel great about having Wilson there if we do have to lose Cromartie. Perhaps the best scenario for us would be Wilson actually outplaying Cromartie and taking over as our starting corner midseason. Cro's value would go down enough to keep him. Wilson's the only corner in the draft (outside of Haden) who I can say that's really possible.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well by long time, I mean by NFL terms (3 years or so). Revis' contract is gonna be astronomical, but we don't need to worry about his until 2012 (might be mistaken). Idk I might not really be making any sense, I'm just really excited about the way our draft turned out. It wasn't ideal (would have loved a 3-4 DL prospect) but we got great value at each pick and every guy (including the guys we traded for) are gonna make an impact one way or another from day 1.

9. ........

........ Trolls

We NEED to address it sooner than that. Our buyback for 2011 is only $5 million, but our buyback for 2012 could be as high as $13 or $15 million. My guess is they work on an extension this or next offseason that spreads the money out better and extends him. It's going to cost us, though, limiting what we can pay Cromartie.

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

One name I'm waiting to see pop up is Donovan Warren.

Still a lot of draft left (and a lot of Patriot picks) but if Warren goes undrafted, I hope he's Rex's first call.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If we hadn't drafted Wilson I'd be ecstatic about Warren, but since we did it doesn't do all that much for me.

12. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I'm still in shock Warren went undrafted.