Jets have been oddly tight lipped since JD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 10, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

were 4 days away from the legal tampering period for FA. as far as saleh said, jets have their FA plan as of last week. yet not a single leak of who we may be targeting. in past years it was blasted everywhere by now. seems the jets really stopped all the internal leaks

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s true, their FO has been rock solid with leaks the past 2 seasons. I think JD knows how important this off-season is to the franchise and his football career. He can’t take any chances with other teams knowing what we are doing in free agency because it will give clues to our game plan for the draft.

It also keeps the fan bases expectations to a more logical level instead of wanting the moon for pennies.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I agree for the most part but I feel like the Joe Douglas man crush on AVT was well documented last year. I’m fine with it because I love the player and was a fan of the trade before he even stepped on the field but there are definitely cracks in the armor.

Noam likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Sure, we've been pretty good at disguising our intentions to sign Frank Gore or Corey Davis. But how we were going to use the #2 pick last year was the most leaky pick in our history. We couldn't even pretend we were considering a trade or a QB not named Zach Wilson. This made the dolphins trade really easy and more valuable.

HomeoftheJets, boozer32 and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

To be fair I think everyone was able to rightfully assume that an NFL GM was going to take a high-level quarterback prospect and trade the fourth year fledgling quarterback he already had.

Nyjets4eva, FJF, dmw and 2 others like this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Only those wearing green goggles. We could have at least floated interest in one of the other QBs, or a trade. Smart GMs leave people guessing. Plus lets be realistic. JD straight up told both the 49ers and Eagles he was going to take Zach because an hour after his pro day ended trades went down like crazy.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

If Douglas wanted to take Wilson then what does it matter? He didn't want to float interest and gauge the trade market because what he wanted was sitting right there. He didn't have to smokescreen anyone. The obvious choice was to take the best prospect available and ditch the 4th year guy who you're either going to have to cut or pay next year. The fact that he got what he did for Darnold despite the entire world knowing Darnold wasn't going to play a snap for us is a miracle.

Nyjets4eva, MoWilkBeast, dmw and 3 others like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with Darnold?

It has to do with setting up a division rival with a very beneficial trade(s). Once the niners knew our pick they could safely spend big to trade with Miami. Once the eagles knew we wouldn't consider their offer they knew a trade down with Miami was optimal. We allowed Miami to freely move up and down the board because our secrecy sucked.

Quit acting like it was okay. I couldn't have told you who the niners were trading for until they announced the name. Same with Atlanta, Cinn., Miami, etc. You don't give your rivals an advantage.

9. BroadwayAaron

I think you are trying to speak these words into existence as opposed to actually telling me what happened.

Nyjets4eva, dawinner127 and KingRoach like this.
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

This is really good news. Can't wait

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Once JD told teams he wasn’t trading out of the second pick, why would he care what other teams do?

They did not know he was going to take Wilson, they only knew JD was not moving from second. Who cares what the teams behind you are doing?

It’s not JDs job to worry about Miami, or everyone else in their division, it’s his job to build the Jets into a winning football team.

I still think they are doing a good job of keeping things close to the vest.

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Besides the laughable idea that a team who needs a FQB trade out of #2 let’s take a second to remember the “sweet” trade Mia made. They took what turned out to be pick 29 (and presumably another late pick next year) and gave up what turned out to be pick 15 to trade back up and take the 3rd (or 4th) WR in the draft.

Seriously, there’s so much wrong with your post. Are you suggesting if the 49ers thought we were picking Fields, they wouldn’t have made the trade? GTFOH

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think he means since they knew we were taking zach. The issue with his logic is the niners were trading up regardless. they preferred zach and wanted to trade up with us. even when we said no and they knew we were taking zach (it wasn't a well kept secret) the niners traded up for lance so none of it mattered.

I also don't think he understands GMs aren't out to stick it to other teams. they don't look at it that way. they are out to build their team to be able to beat other teams and all 32 GMs are doing it. nobody wastes time being spiteful.

Nyjets4eva and Noam like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think it was obvious.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

After Wilson's pro day, a lot of teams wanted him. It was obvious the Jets were going to pick him when they didn't trade down. Who else would they have chosen at #2? Wilson was the guy and everybody knew it.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I've heard rumors through Jet Youtubers, but the Jets may be floating them to keep other teams guessing.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah. But much more likely is that your YouTubers are simply pulling those rumors out of their...you know.

Nyjets4eva, dmw and Leicester Jet like this.
  18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Most YouTubers have no more idea than the average Jets fan, they just post stuff for more "likes" - clickbait is real!

K'OB, dmw and Red Menace like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

The bulldog faced cunt

Brook! likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I clicked like for this.

:D

Brook! and Leicester Jet like this.