Jets grant Zach Wilson permission to seek trade.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Feb 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

yea but the O seemed to perform better with Siemian then with ZW.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Saying the guy was like Sam at the end of his tenure, a bused top pick, who is average back-up now, and supporting with stats is hype? OK. If you don't want to acknowledge the point about Siemian being serviceable for two other teams, but being much worse than Zach here with terrible OL and Hack, shows some improvement from Zach, you don't have to. But this is not defense of Zach, just a fair evaluation of where he is now, which is the same back-up level Sam was (and still is).

Or should I turn this around on you - are you Sam's hype man? He sucks! lol

It certainly wasn't because of Siemian. Hall had something to do with it for instance. Just like when we were winning with Zach wasn't necessarily because of him.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Siemian's arm may have been weaker this year than Chad Pennington at any point in his career. There were some backspun high school rainbows being thrown on short out routes.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No I think Sam Darnold totally busted here and it was the right move to move on. But he was still way better than Wilson ever was, fuck that kid is terrible and hard to watch

Siemien was serviceable like 8 years ago. He was cut in training camp for the bengals he was so bad and the Jets signed him off the couch. you are the "what have you done lately" guy, now you are reverting back to looking holistically at a guy's career....

SackRecord99 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

It is infuriating that Joe Douglas did not have a plan B for Rodgers injury and then doubly infuriating that he thought Siemien was the answer when Wilson couldn't hack it. What kind of GM gives up on the season like that

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You seem to be spinning things a lot, it's very hard to have an honest conversation. For instance, I looked at last year with Chicago, and a year before, not whole career. I never mentioned anything about him aside from last two years, not 8 years back! Another example - off the coach doesn't usually mean he went through entire training camp and preseason.

I was comparing only his recent performances, which were not great, I don't like him either, but he was much better than what he did here without OL and with Hack. And Zach outperformed him in the same environment, which shows growth. Note, I didn't mention Boyle, since there is no reference point there. Doesn't mean Zach is good, but not as bad as before. That is a fair reference. We can continue if you want to be honest, but if you want to keep spinning, I am out.

#46 Borat, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  7. BrowningNagle

So its your opinion that Siemien was a serviceable QB in Chicago last year?

He threw a whopping 26 passes all season and lost 31-10 in his only game

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

JD didn't have a plan for OL to begin with. If you guys think a back-up QB survives this OL and Hack and takes us to play-offs, I think you are mistaken. I get it that JD and Saleh (and AR) sold this to Woody to keep their jobs, but with this OL and Hack calling plays, I don't think a better back-up would help all that much. Maybe someone like Brissett, who is probably a top back-up in NFL, but I am not even sure he would make much difference, given the OL, play caller, and WRs aside from GW.

And I watched most of them first hand at the stadium, he looked like an OK back-up QB, not as awful as here without OL and Hack calling plays. Back-ups don't usually play that much. He did play more the season before. Again, we are not talking about 8 years ago. We know what Siemian is, which is a scrub back-up. Zach was worse than that in 2022, but last year he raised about that level. Again, don't spin this into a Zach hype. He busted as a top pick, but improved to be about average back-up, like Sam, above guys like Siemian, in his last season here. I am not even sure what we are debating here.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do you really think that any knowledgeable manager in the NFL would allow the mutterings of Woody Johnson to affect the value of a player? Do you think there's a manager in the NFL who does not believe Wilson "sucks as a backup"?

10. BrowningNagle

right. so the offensive line sucks, Douglas picks the offensive line too.

I think any time you bring in a 40+ year old QB you better plan to have a good backup. It is a miracle when someone that old makes it through a season with any offensive line.

But again, that was just 1 mistake. It was an even more pathetic mistake that Rodgers got hurt on September 11th, 1-0 with an entire season left to play, and this joke of a GM didn't make a trade or sign anyone. (anyone good I mean)

WTF how does he keep his job after that? Lets have some self respect

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes I do on both counts. Woody is the owner of the Jets, not nobody. If the owner says the value of an asset I am selling is really bad, it will probably fetch less, even if the buyer thinks the asset is not as bad as he said.

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We are in complete agreement here. I think cleaning house was the best option. Right now JD and Saleh cannot even find any good FO or coaching minds to come and help, because they are lame ducks. It will be harder to get FAs on offense because they have Hack and Carter, who everyone now knows stink. But ... what can we do now? Better hope JD learned from his mistakes, and Rodgers can be a good OC...

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Kind of seems like the CS was so scared of putting Siemian out there that they resorted to Boyle who has no business on an NFL field.

14. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I can see someone offering a 6th for Wilson and a 7th, or Wilson for a 7th straight up. Biggest issue now is that every team is hoping their late round picks will turn into the next Brock Purdy so I highly doubt anyone trades for him.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think it is much simpler than that. They thought Boyle was good. Just like they thought Duane was good. Like they thought Cook was good. Like they thought Uzomah was good. Like they thought Cobb was good. There were other better options, it just takes this offensive coaching staff very long time to recognize the obvious. Like now I heard Saleh say Carter Warren was promising, when I saw him sucking at least so far (see Carter Warren thread). Just inept offensive CS all around.

16. BrowningNagle

they can only play the guys on the roster they are given

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, JD is at fault for sure, but even within the flawed roster they didn't make the best choices. Like Uzomah should not have played at all: they had Conk and Ruckert. Hardman turned out to be a douche, but he is better than Cobb, who should not have played at all. Duane wasn't ready to play - they should have done what they did after he was hurt on their own. It was obvious Cook was bad early, both Carter and Izzy were better than him. So, yes, JD gave flawed roster, but it took them way too long to figure the best players even within that roster.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What you seem to be missing is that the professional football manager has a much better ability to appraise the value of the asset than the guy who is in the business simply because he wrote the biggest check. How often do you find yourself appreciating the views of Mister Johnson?

19. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sam still starts over Zach every week if on the same team.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, which is why he should have kept his mouth shut. Normally people don't disparage the assets they are trying to sell, quite the opposite. There is a reason for that, which I believe is self explanatory. I think what you are missing is the fact that Johnson owns the asset in question that is being sold.

#60 Borat, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.