Jets grant Zach Wilson permission to seek trade.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Feb 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

SackRecord99 and ouchy like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"
    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have gotten trade offers for Wilson. But they don’t like the offers they’ve gotten. So they’re waiting for something better.

The terms of the offers and the teams that made them aren’t known, for now. It’s believed by some that owner Woody Johnson is the person keeping it from happening.

On Monday, coach Robert Saleh declined to comment on Wilson during a press availability at the annual meetings. Saleh said he would defer to G.M. Joe Douglas — who ultimately may be deferring to Johnson."

LMAO I hope this all just speculation.....

4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It is nonsense. He had not missed significant time in 7 years, the last time he did he came back and played every game the next season. As far as last season goes, yes he had a calf injury, what’s your point? That he was going to miss time due to that?

#304 JetFanInNE, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  5. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

In fairness the details are kept relatively vague.

I'm assuming in non vague reality those offers are basically amounting to gaining next to nothing in comparison to just releasing him outright, and hence why you don't see the jets jumping on any of them.

I mean nothing about going out and signing Taylor suggests the Jets have any internal intention or desire to keep Zach around in more then a practice team role.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If they really had an offer out there ZW's mom would leak it most likely.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It could even be negative in that we have to bundle a pick with him to dump his salary.

SackRecord99 and Lon Chaney like this.
  8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Exactly.

If that is the type of offers we are getting I'd rather just keep the pick and see the team basically swallow the salary.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The market has been set for shitty failed QB’s from that class with Mac Jones and Fields netting very little return despite being much better players.

I’d be shocked if anyone gave up anything for Wilson.

I also don’t see any way the Jets had the nuts to turn down even the most minuscule offer for him.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Just fucking cut him and eat the money get him the fuck out

SOJAZ and Nyjets4eva like this.
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

They must have gotten ONLY a regular ham sandwich instead of a "TAYLOR" ham sandwich in compensation offer. Anything more than that would definitely be over paying!

stinkyB and SOJAZ like this.
  14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

They aren't going to get anything for him, he will be out of the NFL by years end. Maybe see him is the new football league for the summer, then Canada, the obscurity....

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I hope I am wrong and he stays healthy and plays at a pro-bowl level. To dismiss it is pretty silly, especially at his age.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, this is just smart. If they're not going to get anything of any kind of value for him, then keep him. I know some here will say "Well, he's worthless so getting nothing for him would be a fair deal", that's obviously not how Douglas is thinking.

But isn't it ironic that Woody might be the one killing these deals after he was the one who basically assigned Zach zero value?

It's too bad that "Words Generated" don't equate to "Passing Yards Completed", Zach would already have a HOF career!

17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Or maybe the offers we’ve received require us to cover his salary, which they probably don’t want to do.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed on Fields, but I am not sure Mac is a better player. He had identical rating this year to Zach, year older, not as good physical tools. Much better OL to protect him too and better coaching last year. He does have a smaller CAP hit, which makes him more attractive financially. So I agree the return will not be significant, but I think it will be more than nothing.

Could be, though it would be odd to get an offer with no value for us at all. I am just pointing out that when report came in there were no offers it was used as a proof that Zach has not even little value. Now report came in that there were offers, and still people maintain Zach has not even a little value and the offers are for us to give value and/or cover his salary to take him. The truth is we don't know until it is done. And we might need to wait a little longer. I think at the end of the day we will get something.

NJJets and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He's no longer on the Packers. Even blind to his age, NFL quarterbacks have a better chance to miss games than to play them all.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.