Jets fullback John Conner is the subject of upcoming documentary 'Late Rounders'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sorry if this is old news-

"Nearly a year after the Jets selected John Conner in the fifth round of the NFL draft, a documentary chronicling the former Kentucky fullback’s journey to the pros is set to be released.

Director Evan Marshall chronicles the path of five players in “Late Rounders,” which will debut at the Washington D.C. International Film Festival on Sunday. Marshall examines the road taken by three Kentucky players (DT Corey Peters, RB Alfonso Smith and Conner), Louisiana-Monroe DE Aaron Morgan and CB/KR Ray Fisher (Indiana).

The movie gives an honest and raw depiction of what it’s like to be a projected mid-late round selection. Marshall filmed the documentary in Louisiana, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio and Indianapolis, following Conner & Co. from the end of the 2010 college season to off-season workouts with Ignition Training to the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Marshall also focuses on the relationship between the players and agents Michael Puterbaugh and Greg Linton from HOF Player Representatives, who worked tirelessly to make sure their clients were fully prepared throughout the process.

The film climaxes with a compelling look during the three days of the draft.

Linton admits in the film that it was “a complete and utter surprise” that the Jets drafted Conner in the fifth round because he hadn’t spoken to Gang Green that day. Until that moment, Conner believed that he was headed to the Chargers, Ravens, Lions, Cowboys or Chiefs based on discussions with team representatives throughout the evaluation process. Moments after the Jets called Conner to let him know they were selecting him, he broke down on camera. (Rex Ryan later admitted that he had full autonomy in selecting Conner).

“I had my phone on vibrate,” Conner says in the movie. “I’ve been getting texts all day. I looked up and it was an area code that I didn’t recognize. So I figured it was a team. Luckily, it was the New York Jets.”

Puterbaugh chimed in after Conner learned his fate. “That’s just the culmination of hard work and goodness,” he says.

Conner, who’s slated to be the Jets starting fullback in 2011, won’t likely forget the months of preparation that culminated in that phone call. Late Rounders is must-see for Jets fans interested in learning about The Terminator’s path to the NFL.

The film will also be shown at the Atlanta Film Festival in May. For more information on getting a DVD copy, visit www.laterounders.com. "
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...subject-of-upcoming-documentary-late-rounders

Looking forward to it!! (I'm going to Trademark that)

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

More motivation for players to come to the Jets. Rex will get you on the big screen.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Kerry Rhodes is kicking himself in Arizona.

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Sounds like this film will be an interesting watch. I like Conner and he has a bright future I am glad the Jets pocked him up.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He's definitely taking something in the ass.

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

If I were in Arizona I would be kickin myself as well.Could be the worst QB situation in the NFL rite now.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I watched the whole trailer and it seems to center around a couple guys. John Conner was shown in it for like 2 seconds.