Jets Free Agency Note Book

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Mar 12, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Free Agency Note Book
    By Dan Leberfeld
    Date: Mar 11, 2006

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So, what? 4 or 5 years?:lol: :breakdance:

I am sure he meant to put Oilers.:up:

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the possibility of bringing in veterans to start and teach the young guys, but I'm not so sure about Hopkins. I think he could be a good mentor to Jones, but I'm not so sure if I want him starting. Then again, he can't be much worse than Fabini. Infact, I'm sure he's a pretty big step up from Fabini, even if he has lost a step.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

imm not even gonna lie the Free agents where looking at are wack.. im about ready to write if this FA period. were about to be old team again mangini seem to be enthused with getting guys his age.... o well continue the bottom barrell digging guys

5. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Thank you so much-- these guys are wack as all hell. We just spent the last few years trying to get younger, now everyone wants us to be old again. It makes no sence. Can't we just do what we did in 2003-2004 when we picked up a few 26 year olds, and had a good draft? Why would we want 35 year olds who are going to be cut in a year, leaving us with more cap issues. Why would we want a 30 year old special teams player (Chatham)to play LB? Come on. If we are going to suck, can we at least get some players in here i can route for? I spent the last 10 years making fun of Willie McGinist - now everyone wants him.

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I wouldnt mind hopkins he can still play, and im sure by the time he is out of the jets our oline is set and when we draft hopkins replacement our oline guys can teach him.

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That is a very, very weak list.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

beside ashworth and hopkins this list sucks. and i rather have ashworth because for a Olineman you hit your prime right about 30. hopkins would really only be here 1 year.

9. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

And the Jets never going after 1st-tier FA's continues....

10. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

We just got out of cap hell, why would we want to get back into it? What FAs do you have your eye on?

11. Electric Cedric 34

We got out of cap hell, but we'll be back in cap heaven once we trade Abe. I'm sick of settling for 2nd and 3rd tier players, and I can go all the way back with this (Barrett, Tongue, Blaylock, Legree, etc.). We finally have money to atleast bring in ONE 1st-tier player, and we don't. ANd I agree with previous posts, we spent ALOT of time getting younger, now the only guys we're looking at are 35, 36 years old, WTF? This is a horrible list we're looking at.

12. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

What I think, hope, that they're doing is looking at roleplaying old pros who can help the kids learn what it takes to win in the NFL. Looking at the FAs now I'm not sure who I'd go after. I know that we need a DT......

13. Electric Cedric 34

But why automatically forfeit a season in order to teach the young kids? There ARE no great, but pricey, FA's available, atleast none that we'd ever look at....

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'd say that you never forfeit a season. My guess is that the FO is looking at the team needs differently than we are. It would be interesting to know what they are really thinking.

15. Electric Cedric 34

Of course they are. Maybe they're putting all hope of a good team by having a solid draft, I dunno.

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Lest us not forget - this is year 1 of a new regime. If they went out and began signing tier 1 FA's I'd be a bit concerned. You have to lay a foundation before you begin putting on the finish. Why sign tier 1 FA's when we don't even know yet who we will be drafting yet?

Find your cornerstone players in the draft and then fill your needs thru free agency. Be it tier 1, 2 or 3 guys.

17. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

If we trade our draft picks, for ANY FA, we are very much in the same position as we were when badwit was GM. Expect the same BS with this "current" FO as with the old. We will sux till we get someone in here who knows what they are doing. Ramsey suxs!

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

And thank God for that.

19. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

hahaha..REALLY

How much faith can you put in this writer when he tries to be funny and gets the punchline WRONG.

20. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Psssstt... You don't have to give up any draft picks to sign free agents..

Thats why they are call FREE.