Jets Fans TD Celebrations

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scruggy, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I'm fired up as fugg for the 2012 NY Jets season to get underway! I even took Monday of next week off, so I can drink 100 beers on Sunday, and not have to worry about a Monday morning hangover. So, my NFL cronies and I here in Athens, GA love getting ferdoogled and coming up with the most obnoxious and/or bizarre celebrations when our teams score. I've been working on some new ones, as well as revamping some old classics to reflect roster changes and the like --

The Baby Curtis: Ah, this one has definitely turned a few heads -- great for big run gains, 1st downs, and of course TDs. When Curtis Martin would have a huge play, I would pantomime holding a fully grown man in my arms. I would rock him to sleep, while softly kissing his forehead, and whispering J-E-T-S Jets jets jets.

The Air Strike: This one is a team effort, have a friend climb on your back with two handfuls of tortilla chips (or whatever's handy), and stick his arms out Jet style -- now run around the bar making loud airplane noises, and have the piggy-backing friend "bomb" the tables with the tortilla chips -- bonus points if the people sitting at the tables are wearing jersies of the opposing team.

The Sanchez Salsa Verde Carpet Bomb In honor of Mark Sanchez' Mexican heritage, when he throws a touchdown pass, start out with the classic Jets chant -- but on the third "JETS!" hurl a cup of green salsa into the ceiling fan (make sure it's on high setting). If performed correctly, all your friends in the bar will be wearing some Jets Green! Bueno!

Now sometimes our beloved Jets don't always play so well -- that doesn't mean you can't still have a good time watching them.

The Suzy Namath: Get as drunk as possible, and then awkwardly try to make out with your friends. While they politely rebuff your drunken advances, repeatedly slur that you could care less about the Jets, and that you just wanna kiss them.

The Crotch Barf: Pretty self explanatory, throw up into your own lap. But then, jump to your feet and spin around rapidly. The centrifugal force should cause the crotch barf to splash all present. That should remind them that rooting for the Jets is always in their best interests!

If you have any unique Jets celebrations, feel free to share!

Here's to another season, and Go Jets!
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

2. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I don't know what to make of this...if I could even scratch the surface of something that could compete with this list, I'd contribute. Alas, this is in a league of it's own.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The Here Pussy Pussy - Jump out of chair and kick the cat as far as possible. Can be used for good or bad plays.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

#2,3 are something I would consider lmao. I'll let you know how it goes heh

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

My buddies and I always do the 'Chad Pennington first down strike' which I find hiliarious. When he was our QB, he dove for a first down once, and out of nowhere stuck his arm out a bunch of times indicating a first down. The fact that it was Chad, coupled with him scrambling for yards, and the way he did it always cracked me and my buddies up, so we continue to do it till this day.

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This is freakin' HI-larious! Way to go bringing a spot of levity to the board! Woo hoo!!

7. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

If I can catch one on video this season, I'll post! :up:

8. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

"Celebratory Cream Pie"

9. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

That was one of my ALL-TIME favorite/hilarious Jets moments.

Chad was so clumsy, it almost looked like he was fencing.

[​IMG]

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

The Air Strike sounds completely awesome.

But the Chad fencing move is tough to beat...

11. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

It could even be called The Chad-Chad Rodriguez

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

TEBOW THUNDER is one of my favorites...anytime someone in the bar attempts to 'TEBOW' just run over and drop kick him in the side of his head (the person's eyes are usually closed so this is easy to do).

Then stand over the smitten fan and do the Jets chant! Everyone love this one. :beer:

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I remember the chad fencing first down. Cracked me up.

I usually do a sporano-esque fist pump when the Jets score against the pats.

14. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I love it. It reminds of a few other ones I liked to do during the height of the "Tebowing" craze last year.

Mana From Heaven: Whenever you see someone "Teblowing", unscrew a salt shaker and pour it's entire contents into their hair.

Teblow Tubthumping: Whenever you see someone "Teblowing", run up to them and yell "Allahu Akbar!", then thump them in their fist to forehead with a hardbound Koran. If you don't own a physical copy of the Koran, use a Kindle preloaded with 30,000 copies of the Koran.

#14 Scruggy, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  15. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

[​IMG]

Hahaha I remember that one. Still do it too.

And of course the James Ihedigbo dig.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

The OP made me laugh out loud - that's really good stuff. I think the Baby Curtis is my favorite.

17. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

If you go down that list of five distinct celebrations, and you use them for TD's only, they should last you all season. Sorry, I couldn't help it with all the talk about how inept the offense is.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In hindsight, Chad really should have saved the wear on his shoulder.

19. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I had low expectations for this thread, but oh how wrong I was. Some funny MFers around here.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Jets fans wonder why people hate us. Throw green salsa into a ceiling fan, really? If preformed correctly all of your friends at the bar should be kicked out and heading behind bars to make new friends. Don't drop the soap.

It's called a high five, chest bump, fist pump, J E T S chant and maybe a Bart Scott form landing.

:up: