Jets are Projected to Draft 9th

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 1968jetsfan, Oct 7, 2012.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

current draft slot

Just something different. A weekly posting of our current draft slot based on league standings. This is not a "Dark Sider" post, though I don't have high hopes any longer for this season, mostly due to key injuires out for the season. But rather it is something that could go to 32, meaning we won the superbowl (unlikely) or it could go to #1 meaning we had the worst record in the NFL, more likely than winning the Superbowl this year, but still not likely.

So as of current we have the #17 pick according to NFL.Com's NFL standings.

Personally I think it would suck to finish the season at #17, I'm hoping to be in the bottom 5 or top 5 picks...the latter being more likely than the former (unfortunately).

2. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

I see the Jets picking in the 8-14 range to be honest. Jets have an awfully weak schedule(jags, titans, dolphins, bills) all seem like winnable games, which would put them at at least 6-10. Then I see out of the Rams, Cards, and Hawks the Jets beating at least one of them which brings them to 7-9. Maybe beating NE once? Beating the Colts or Chargers?

Like I said, I envision something like a 6-10 record when everything is said and done.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so who do the draft grurus like at 17?

is that to low for a shot at lattimore?

4. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

Well, looking at the most recent mock draft, Georgia's LB Alec Ogletree seems like a solid LB pick. Also, Lattimore is projected to go 21st now, but I still don't like going for a RB this early when this draft seems like it will be filled with them in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

I personally would like the Jets to trade up to get either Te'o(projected to go 6th but posters on here seem to think he'll slide down to around 10), or Geno Smith(I think he's beginning to become overrated, but I don't think I can stomach another Sanchez regressing season).

5. 1968jetsfan

It's the NFL, on any given day any team can win against any team...but unless some players step up really big time I honestly think there's a good chance we wind up between 5 and 7 wins. I don't think the Jets wind up in the top 5 picks (they would pretty much have to go winless the rest of the way to get a top 5 pick). But, if the defense really steps up the team could win 9-11 games. Problem is Ryan's defense relies on the corners play and with Revis gone for the season I have to heavily discount the defense being staunch enough to win 9-11 games.

But hey I've been wrong before, and I hope I'm wrong here. My biggest fear is we wind up with a middle round draft pick and endure a miserable year of football where they play just well enough to screw us out of a good draft pick, but not well enough to be competitive for a playoff spot.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

There's no way we win more than 5 games if we keep having these injuries

7. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Seriously,talent wise as we stand right now with out current injuries,we are in the bottom five in the league.I dont see how you could argue with that and that being said may very well translate to a top five draft pick.
    Current best player on offense = Mangold
    Current best player on defense = Harris? Maybe

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wilkerson?

9. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Possibly,definately against the run.

10. 1968jetsfan

given that even the most happless teams often win up to 3 games in a season, and well we do face some pretty happless teams, so those games are a 50/50 slot. I think to get a top 5 draft pick we'd have to win no more than 4 games over the season.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I think we will end up anywhere from 6-18.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

5-10. Hopefully we can hit pay dirt with that killer OLB this year. Finally.

13. Banjo

Banjo Banned

I honestly the Jets will draft somewhere between 1-5. The situation is dire. I don't see them winning too many more games

14. 1968jetsfan

Problem is there are actually some teams more hapless than the jets, I can almost promise we've already won too many games to draft #1, The Browns will be lucky to win 2 games all season. Only way we land up in the top 5 is if we don't win more than 1 more game all season, and even with 3 wins that may only be good for the 4th or 5th pick. Chiefs will be lucky to get lucky to get even 2 more wins this season, though they do play the Raiders twice, which they'll probably split. Honestly looking at all the teams with 2 or fewer wins this season it is conceivable that a team with 4 wins has the #10 pick.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The Jets will win at least 6 games, this nonsense about the first pick is crazy.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

We will probably lose enough games to just make us lose a WC spot and win too many games to miss out on an elite talent... Typical Jets cycle.

The Colts suck and then get Manning, have over 10 great seasons with him, then one terrible season, and then the next great QB falls into their lap.

We are just a terribly unlucky franchise.

17. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I don't think the Jets will have the first pick, but 4-12, 5-11 doesn't seem as inconceivable as it did a month ago.

18. 1968jetsfan

First pick talk is crazy, Top 7, however, I believe is likely. But I'm afraid that the Jets will play just well enough to miss the playoffs and wind up with another noman's land draft slot between 15-19.

19. 1968jetsfan

Currently, unofficially of course, I believe the Jets are at the #11 pick.

The jets have basically I see 6 winnable games.
    The Colts, I give the Colts a 65% chance of beating the Jets.

Miami, we barely squeaked by them the first time we played, and they essentially gave the game to us. They've been improving since the two teams met. 50/50 on who wins, but I think I'm being generous here.

Rams, a slight edge to the rams, I haven't looked at their strength of schedule but five games in to the season I think point deficiet should be a reasonable guide. Rams are +2 points overall, the jets are -34 (and that's with the big blow out in Buffalo).

Jacksonville I give the jets the edge against, Jacksonville has been pretty pathetic, but it also has the makings of a trap game where the Jets play down to Jacksonvilles level. But none the less I give the Jets about a 65% chance of winning.

Tenesee is about like Jacksonville and again about 65% chance of winning.

Buffalo is just a miserable team, unless they turn things around I do give the jets about an 75% chance of winning this game.

In reality I feel good about 3 more Jets wins, but given the NFL's tendancy for upsets I'll guess the Jets have between 2-4 wins left in them. Or, unless something really turns around, they'll finish with between 4-6 wins.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jets have 2 wins already and some weak competition later in the season. I still say 6 wins, which could get us a draftpick in the 8 -12 range.

I can see the Jets winning some games with a score of 13-10.