Jets 31st of 32 in latest Power Rankings

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Guy, May 18, 2006.

1. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

from CBS.Sportsline.com

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9442718

'New coach Eric Mangini has his hands full here. They had a good draft, but who plays quarterback? It's a two-year rebuild for this team.'

It is a 2 year rebuilding, no doubt. I'm not discouraged though, because in order to do it right the Jets will suffer growing pains in 2006. Still, I'm optimistic about our future.

2. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I can't wait to prove them wrong. We will be at least #25!!! hehe. This year will be a rebuilding year. I am not expecting to be in the post season. But hey, any given sunday right? Ya never know.

3. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I can't see the Jets behind the Lions and Bills. They have the same Questionmarks than the Jets. But what was a surprise for me is that the Dolphins are 6th.

4. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

Even though I don't care about these rankings that come out every once in a while I will say that looking at that list we are better than buffalo, detroit, texans and probably on par with the titans. While it is a rebuilding year I don't see us being that bad either.

5. e-x

e-x New Member

this team has too many questions, i wouldn't be surprised if they were #32, but it's the NFL, anything can happen

6. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

patriots and Dolphins that high? Lunacy. And us below the Bills - less lunatic, but still lunacy.

7. baamf

baamf Active Member

Totally agree....

8. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

You know if the Jets win their first game against the Titans I bet we jump like three spots so who really cares anyway. The power ranking is always changing.

9. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

Remember - if we are #32 we get the #1 overall draft pick - and can take a superstart RB or QB!

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Power rankings don't mean anything to begin with, but in the middle of May they are especially useless. Not one pre-season game has been played, the media can't even watch the jets mini-camps other than the team warming up. They're basing this on the fact that last season we were awful and we have a rookie HC. Last year we WERE awful but we all know a lot of that was because of injuries.

Mangini has impressed thus far, hopefully it carries onto the field. I'm sure there will be growing pains as many predict but calling the Jets the 2nd worst team in football in the middle of May is just plain rediculous.

11. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This team is fully capable of going .500. The preseason prognosticators are asinine and one often wonders how they got their jobs. When you consider:

The Jets played with a third string quarterback. They were banged up at receiver and they lost two major parts of their offensive line. They lost Eric Barton and David Barrett missed significant time. Chris Baker, who seemed to be breaking out as a viable receiver option was lost for the year as well.

This team is not as bad as its record indicated. They will fix it.
    Particularly now that they have a coaching staff that teaches as opposed to just "whooping up" the team.

-X-

12. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Someone's gotta go #1, and someone's gotta go #32. But I agree with everyone here: these polls are useless in May, useless when a pad hasn't been strapped on and useless when it comes from Pete Prisco.

I'd rather have low expectations among NFL "know-it-alls" and high expectations within the walls of Weeb Ewbank Hall. Last year, we had the opposite and we all know what happened.

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I know there are alot of Schlegel fans out there and I had not seen a pic of him yet until now so I thought I would post it, but didn't want to start a new thread.

[​IMG]

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Or a workout warrior DE from a school that barely went over .500 despite three supposedly elite D-linemen.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Oh god, not a MULETT!

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's an absolutely ridiculous power poll in my opinion. Any poll that has Chicago 20th needs to be disregarded for stupidity offhand,

17. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

You have to consider the source. It was Pete Prisco. And you are correct, nearly anything he writes should be discarded for stupidity.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Inaccurate

I think we're on par with the Titans and I expect us to be a .500 team next season.

19. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Prisco is an absolute idiot- he gave us an F for the draft because we didn't draft Leinart. I don't read anything that this stooge writes

20. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

He gave us an "F" for our draft?! What a retard.