Jermaine Kearse Practicing Fully

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Off the top of my head sam hit 6 different targets Monday? Another reliable one can’t hurt

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nice. Kearse really will be a security blanket for him. People kept posting this off-season that Sam doesn't have any weapons. It could be the opposite. Looks like he has 4 solid WR's to throw to in Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson and Pryor, 2 solid RB's in Powell and Crowell, and a young stable of TE's who will continue to improve each week.

NCJetsfan, BudJet, themorey and 2 others like this.
  4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Why is he referred to as a security blanket? Please explain.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Great news, indeed... Sam needs to build some chemistry with these guys.

Falco21 likes this.
  6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

A receiver with great hands, 8th best drop rate in the league. He is great at knowing where the sticks are and getting first downs. Great route runner which means Darnold can rely on him to be where he should. All important things for a rookie QB to have in a receiver.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agree with him being a security blanket.

Darnold needs guys he can trust and he needs receivers who are fully aware of their surroundings and situations throughout the game. Kearse is that guy. No one is saying he's more or less talented than anyone else in the receiving corps, but he does provide a solid option and one you can trust consistently

fansince90 likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hopefully this allows Q to to run more intermediate routes and get a linebacker one on one. Only one i can see with less playing time out of this is Pryor.

FJF likes this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

“The Jets have no weapons for Sam Darnold”

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Interesting, but I think regardless Q seems to be Sam's actual security blanket. I would not call Kearse a security blanket, but he is a reliable guy. This should only serve to free up Q and Robby even more.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Man, this is great news.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Agreed unfortunately. Pryor is a damn good WR, he needs to be on the field... there's just no room. His height plus speed is rare and it's perfect for a young QB. See: Plaxico and Eli. Not that Pryor is anywhere near prime Plax, but it allowed Eli to kind of chuck and pray knowing that he had a guy that could climb the ladder and get it. A guy like Pryor is great to have on those plays where Sam is rolling out and gives the WRs time to complete the routes. Especially when Pryor's route is "just run faster than the guy covering you".

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Think Pryor becomes more and more needed and part of the mix as Sam gets more and more comfortable. Pryor is more of the big hitter type, more likely to hit a big one than Q or Kearse but at this point the long ball isnt as important. As the Jets start opening up the offense more and more Pryors importance should grow IMO

Red Menace likes this.
  14. dawinner127

Q is going to be in the field almost every play. If he comes out the D will most likely know we are throwing. He is a terrific blocker and it allows us to keep the defense on their heels.

FJF and themorey like this.
  15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Correction....The Jets have no BIG NAME weapons for Darnold. Like Kearse said in an interview, "they said we had no WR weapons in Seatle and we won the superbowl!"

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

These posts explained it well:
    Nice posts, guys!

Yeah, it will be nice having both on the field this week. That is a great point about Anderson. He is considered the Jets #1 WR, but if Darnold is targeting Enunwa and Kearse a lot, the Defense will have to play for that. When they do, Robby will get 1 on 1's and blow by the defense. Great potential.

fansince90, LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. dawinner127

If defenses start giving Robbie 1 on 1's with no safety help our offense will be clicking. There is no way in hell teams can get by without safety help on Robby. 3 or 4 shots throughout the game like that would be lovely.

Red Menace and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I remember a lot of plays where we had a Wr neglected by the D but the Qb just didn't see him. The way Darnold looks over the entire field, there should be quite a few surprise wide open players for him to target this season.

Big Cat and stinkyB like this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t mean to be a dick here but you’ve started a few blatantly (couched in innocence) negative threads about Jet players yet you don’t know what the football term “security blanket” means?

Really?

Are you crying out “troll” or are you not really a football fan and just stirring up garbage?

20. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I honestly think Kearse is underrated and last year he was under used. I was looking forward to Bates opening up the route tree for him and taking advantage of his overall skill. I think rb's like Powell are security blankets...i dont see how an above average wr should be used as or considered a security blanket.
    To be honest i dont know what a troll is. Never heard the word except on this board and i still havent figured out what it truly means.