Jeff Fisher Sucks

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BeastBeach, Dec 3, 2015.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Why do people think this guy is a good coach?

166-154-1

6 out of 21 years with at least 10 wins

5-6 in the playoffs

His offenses and defenses seem to average to be always middling. I can't tell anything he really specializes in.

Crowning achievement was all the way back in 99 with the Super Bowl loss where even if Dyson had scored, it would have only tied the game, not won it for them.

The Rams have actually gotten progressively worse since he has been there.

Am I missing something here? Why does he get the benefit of the doubt?

Maybe the better thread title would have been "Jeff Fisher is the definition of mediocrity" but at the end of the day, mediocrity is sucking

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

aaaaannnndddd he'd still be the best coach the Dolphins have had since the Reagan administration.

NYJ79, BrowningNagle and BeastBeach like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I will take random threads for 500 alex

Capt. Ace Nick likes this.
  4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Jimmy Johnson
    Cam Cameron
    Todd Bowles
    Dave Wannstedt
    Joe Philbin
    Tony Sparano
    Dan Campbell
    Jim Bates
    Nick Saban

From what I can tell it doesn't matter who we get as head coach. We're the AFC version of the redskins. A big black hole of turning everything into shit

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Hey man...There's no better time to say it than on a boring Thursday at 11am in the middle of another mediocre season put together by mediocre Jeff Fisher

Don't think I haven't planned this motherfucker all year

TNJet and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

A fisher thread on a jets board created by a dolphin fan just seemed a bit random. Unless you are worried about him becoming your new coach next year.

Br4d and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ha yeah...This is the only football forum I post on though

FJF likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, Fischer never impressed me.

But to digress... is Tannehill really the cancerous growth on that team he appears to be from outside looking in? How many more coaches is this guy gonna get fired before they realize he's the problem? Or at least one of the major problems...

10. FJF

Tannebaum just extended him so my guess would be atleast 1 more

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

if Fisher were Miami's coach this year, they'd be in the thick of playoff contention.
    especially if he also brought Gregg Williams as DC.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And what evidence do you have to support that? His 6 playoff appearances in 21 seasons?

Why can't his more talented Rams be in the thick of playoff contention instead?

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I've never been too high on Tannehill. Zero pocket awareness. As far as being a cancer, I don't know. I have tuned out a majority of this season because I'm sick of mediocrity

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm kind of smelling Mangini as the Fins head coach and GM with Tannenbaum remaining the Grand Poobah. It would be next to impossible for anybody else to sell Mangini to the owner after the disaster in San Francisco but I think Tannenbaum is going to be desperate to get somebody he believes in into the building and Mangini is that guy.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

most good coaches would have the Dolphins in playoff contention......it's not like i'm going out on a big limb.
    they have decent talent.

the Rams HC job has been one of the most difficult positions in the league lately.
    toughest division in football, no QB options, and an owner actively trying to move the team.
    Wins have been very tough to come by, but through it all that team has never quit on a season (as opposed to the Dolphins under Philbin).

upgrading Spagnola to Williams was a very good change.
    Rams D has been among the best this season even without Quinn playing.
    the offense has been a train wreck tho. they need a QB and a better Oline to get over the hump.

this was a season they needed to show some progress, and it hasn't happened.
    so i get the criticism, it's warranted to some degree. but i think they should stay the course and improve offensive personnel.
    just my take from 10000 ft, as i don't follow them too closely

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Maybe most good coaches would have the Phins in playoff contention but Fisher isn't a good coach. He's average. I assume a good coach is one that shows he consistently gets his players to perform well or adds something of value to the team. What has he added to the Rams? What is it that you know you are getting when facing a Jeff Fisher coached team?

As for the Rams being a tough job, maybe in some ways but they also have had a shitload of draft picks and he went into it thinking that Sam Bradford was a franchise QB so it isn't like he knew he was going into a team with "no QB options". And the division is a tough one but not impossible. 3 teams have been the major players for the division title and the only team that is not in that discussion is the Rams with supposedly great coach Jeff Fisher.

Chris Long, Aaron Donald, Brockers, Quinn, Fairley, Ayers, Laurinaitis, Janoris, Barron, etc. Oh..the defense is good? Ya don't say!! Look at that talent. And it still isn't cracking the top ten in either yards allowed or points allowed.

I think this guy is what he is. Mediocre.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's fortunate he coached in 2 cities where there is patience for mediocrity. He's been an NFL head coach for 21 years now. He wouldn't have lasted 5 in NY, Philly, D.C., Dallas, etc...

got to give him credit for picking the right landing spots

18. FJF

When i made that posted i started to type he should worry about mangini. Fisher could be an easier sell if he came available.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Bingo.

I generally agree with BeastBeach. I have thought Fisher was overrated for years now.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He is mediocre but some franchises are happy with mediocre right now.

I don't think Rex's long term record will look too much different but look how he was heralded pre-season. It's about how you position yourself.