JD's OLines...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He was never an option because Woody wanted his headliner. Carr waited around until the Saints came with a good offer. Woody never wanted Carr. Not enough headlines or in Rodgers case, the drama. "You can never have enough Rodgers"

BrowningNagle, NYJetsO12 and ouchy like this.
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Well they better look a LOT better this week. Much better individual play from Brown and Tomlinson in particular and much better protection schemes...

Jets79 likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I would love to know what the OL plan is…so far it seems like it is let these guys play together and hope they gel over a few games. I don’t know how many more games you give them before you start making changes on that OL. We already lost one QB. Zach has been running for his life as well and it’s just that he’s more athletic that he hasn’t been killed as well.

I don’t know what the moves should be, but I feel like maybe Becton back to LT, AVT to RT, and then fill in the middle with some combo of Tippman, Schiewtzer, etc.

But can’t keep trotting out an OL that gives up pressure so often and so quickly in the play…we will not win any games that way

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hot off the presses... NO changes in the OLine this week. Bob Saleh

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

As hard as I am on the coaching, they aren't stupid. Were not at practice and don't see what they see. Our backups could really be that bad.

dmw and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones actually played college football at arkansas, while woody didn't. woody wants to win the back pages of the papers, especially in the offseason.

we all know the trade for AR, which was a way excessive overpay, was not a JD trade, It was a woody trade,

why would broadway joe want to handcuff himself with a position under this owner? the hoodie figured that out 23 years ago.....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. mr nyjet

expecting a repeat of last week on offense. unitas, marino, namath, darnold, chad, zak, white doesn't matter.
    tough to execute plays when you are running for your life on almost every play.

8. mr nyjet

results count, the rest is just hot air.
    maybe , they are that stupid.

Ralebird, Cman68, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  9. mr nyjet

funny how you and us can see that, but they can't or won't.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of the Jets for a long time. It's generally been very accurate to call the coaches and GM stupid.

There are people here who have been saying this OL is a problem for years, yet no significant changes are made and it continues to be an absolute disaster at the start of every season.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I banged the table for o-line in the first round the last two drafts. They were both strong o-line drafts.

But the coaches couldn't be so stupid that they are benching the better linemen in our situation. What they likely see are a bunch of backups that aren't ready for prime time.

12. mr nyjet

kind of makes you wonder about those caoaches in SF, who started the last pick in the 2022 draft at QB, and almost made the SB.

poor drafting and coaching can't be hidden by spending tons of cash in free agency.....we all have seen that on the Jets for decades.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. mr nyjet

as for last year's draft, the trade for AR was a massive overpay.

the stupid pick swap in the 1st cost them the choice to draft OT broderick jones.

James Hasty likes this.
  14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

money talks you can just buy about anyone with a blank check

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us are wondering what we have with Tippmann. I keep reading raves about the Giants rookie center, Schmitz, and he was taken after Tippmann.

James Hasty likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You know what? I was in a bind liking both Carr and Rogers

But Rogers had the better resume and talent. So sure I was crazy about his signing as I thought this is like a Brady redux in Tampa

Oh well..you're right NC. Hindsight is 20/20

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gun to my head its more poor coaching..How do you explain the positive yardage our running backs get over last two games? Why are we passing so much and ASKING for pass protections the OL isn't better at??

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

In fairness, Woody didn’t own the Jets yet when the Parcells-Belichick thing went down

James Hasty likes this.
  19. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s fucking inexcusable that there’s been ZERO effort to find a solution for this o-line debacle

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You DO know that Carr, statistically every-single-year, is BETTER than every single NY Jets QB to EVER strap it up. That goes for our only GOAT as well. Go do the research and let that SINK in.

Derek, freakin', CARR has had better overall statistical seasons than any other Jet QB in HISTORY!!!! So, before you start flappin' about mediocrity you may want to temper your vitriol. I'd KILL for a QB of Derek Carr's capabilities right about now. And, as a previous poster mentioned, that HUGE...MASSIVE sigh of relief is Derek Carr, down in NO, thanking his lucky stars he didn't sign with the NYJ.