JD's OLines...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Have gotten several QB's injured. He has failed miserably after the AVT pick to upgrade this group. It would seem he has a blind spot for OLine talent even though he was one himself. Fact is, its JD's job to get the OLine fixed and if he can't get it done, its time to get someone in here that can. He got lucky with Wilson and Gardner but, for the most part his penchant to sign over the hill players has hurt this team. Staying blindly loyal to ZW may well be his undoing.

Time is not JD's friend. Nor does Saleh have forever to actually win something. All they've done was spend a lot of money, garnered a few names and compiled losing seasons. This has to end. They may not be the SOJ's, but they could actually devolve into something worse.

JD owns this..

JohnnyJet, Brook!, SOJAZ and 10 others like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I said it in the other thread but we also haven’t nailed a mid-round starter which is a must on the offensive line.

I figured our line would get abused but I didn’t anticipate the coaching staff thought it might be a good idea to frequently go five wide, not put chips in the form of backs and tightends to Parson’s side and almost 3x the amount of passes to runs.

Brook!, SOJAZ, Pepsiguy5 and 5 others like this.
  3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

JD is the Brian Cashman of the NFL. Instead of addressing the actual needs of the team (OL for the Jets, LF for the Yankees), he would rather collect high-profile free agents to feed his own ego.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The trade up for AVT was a good move.

Becton looks great at run blocking sometimes but knee issues have been horrible.

It seems there were better options at LT when we took him.

Brown was a decent band aid last year but is aging rapidly to the point of being useless now.

Tomlinson looked good on a dominant SF team playing next to the best left tackle in the NFL.

He clearly tricked our front office and has been stealing money ever since.

Connor McGovern has been the least of our problems.

JD has used two high first round picks and made a couple big free agent signings but the results on the field have little to show for it.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

3-year starter at center, unanimous All-American as a Junior and Rimington Award winner. Blocked for the best running game in the country.

The Cowboys got Tyler Biadasz at pick 146. The Jets got Cameron Clark who I don’t ever even remember suiting up for a preseason game. It’s not like he was some decorated player at Charlotte either.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I hate blaming Rodgers injury on the OL. He was clearly meant to get rid of the ball. The OL does suck though right now, thats for sure.

I think they reevaluate after the Patriot game. Clearly the current lineup is not the best five man combination they can assemble. And if it is, say a prayer for the season.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

AVT was a better tackle last season than Brown is now. The coaches sre sitting on their hands when they need to act.

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

After climbing Mount Everest then scaling Mount Kilimanjaro to sign Rodgers you'd think he'd want to build a fortress around the guy. It's like going away on vacation and leaving your front door open. Shut the freaking door Joe.

9. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

seems like Namath comprehends what Jd never will can he have Jd's job?

With or without Aaron Rodgers, NFL legend Joe Namath doesn't believe the Jets have what it takes to get to the Super Bowl.

While watching Sunday's game between the Jets and Cowboys, Namath took to social media to share his thoughts on the 2023 Jets.

Let's just say he doesn't believe the Jets have the big boys in the trenches to compete for a Super Bowl.

"We just don’t have the horses up front," Namath said on social media.

JohnnyJet, jixxjr, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Joe Willie knows what's up.

JohnnyJet and SOJAZ like this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

I’ll trust a guy who guaranteed to win a Super Bowl and actually delivered over jd and saleh who promise a bunch of stuff and deliver mediocrity. Why doesn’t this goat have a job in this organization?

JohnnyJet, NYJetsO12 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Here is the crazy thing. The biggest problem now is the tackle, and that trade up for AVT was to draft a guard. Minny, who traded with us, drafted Darrisaw. While AVT turned out to be a good guard, Darrisaw is one of the best tackles. It's just amazing that even the move that did help improve the line came at the opportunity cost of losing even better and much more needed oline upgrade. I don't know what it is, but whatever JD does with the Oline just doesn't seem to work.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Carter Warren trade down over Dawand Jones trade up in the 4th. Though it is still early, but sure looking that way.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Except we don’t get the Homeruns

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Dalvin Cook was a braindead high-profile FA signing, but I feel like JD's main problem is actually bargain hunting. He'd rather take a C player at a C price than a B player at a B price. Corey Davis, Lawson, half the OL, the list goes on and on.

SOJAZ, york61, James Hasty and 3 others like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

It was also very irritating to watch Chuma Edoga line up and play fine at guard. I was banging the table for the Jets to give him a crack at guard.

The Jets end up drafting a lot of guys that don’t work out, yet they go to other teams as decent depth pieces or spot starters. The illustrious Vlad Ducasse comes to mind. He ended up as sixth offensive lineman around the league for a while. Oday Aboushi too.

All Gas No Shake and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah he loves the 3-year/$30 million deal with options. Rather than the 4-year/$50 million for the much better player.

Cman68, SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s really getting irritating. There’s an obvious need on this team and there hasn’t been any attempt to fix it! You telling me there’s not a single OL just sitting at home waiting for a contract that they could be talking to who wouldn’t be any better than Tomlinson or Brown?? What about the doctor, is he still unsigned? Get on the phone JD, fix your mess!

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Josh Donaldson=Dalvin Cook

20. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I’m really starting to hate the man’s inactivity!

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1703874850253635789?s=46&t=JlmH7uPux-PXk1bn25Wuaw

The #Vikings are signing FA G Dalton Risner, sources say. The former #Broncos starter — and one of the top free agents available— lends valuable experience to Minnesota’s line.

Risner, 27, started 62 of 66 possible games at Left Guard during his time with the Broncos.

According to PFF, he’s allowed 10 sacks on 2,304 pass-blocking snaps.

On ESPN he had 10th-best run-block win rate (74%) among NFL guards in 2022.

cmcm750203 and ColoradoContrails like this.