Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Still nothing here, and it's around 37F right now.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

I would've liked a day off, but fuck it. Piss off, snow.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Heavy snow in Baltimore right now...nothing here. Incredible. I sometimes peek into the accuweather forums and probably about 40 people are on suicide alert and they are not even pro weather people..they write blogs.

Storm on Friday is just off the coast...so again...lets just track and see. The another one middle of next week..then one end of next week...THE...SPRING...SPRING...SPRING...Really believe thats it. Now if these three can all be model fantasy..then perhaps we are on our way into spring. Just dont think so yet.

Cold temps all week with a warmup next weekend.

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It's 22F, and we have an accumulation to the depth of maybe one snowflake. It's not even shovel-worthy!

1010 WINS is calling it a nuisance storm!

Dodged a bullet!!

Thanks, Jay!

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is snowing in Ocean County and work has been called off. I like both those things.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

Any word about spring? When do you think we will see some warm weather around here?

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

in 3-4 days

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Almost three inches of snow here so far. Work got cancelled for once. Still snowing really hard.

10. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Jay, it's all good. The models and all trends showed one thing and reality showed another. You'll get 'em next time. Thanks for everything

11. jaywayne12

Not for awhile Brook...even if the models are wrong about a chance for 2 or 3 more storms in the next 10 to 14 days, they show snow..and if they are wrong..cant get around the fact that the temps still show cold. Have been hinting at the middle of March before we flirt with steady 50s..not just one day here and there.

On the horizon is the chance Thursday night and Friday...looks south not but a powerful storm just off the coast..then middle of next week and end of next week. Winters like this usually go out with a bang and with several out there, would not surprise me if one more hits us. Another pattern from the past with crappy cold snowy winters is that there is a reward for all of this. Spring usually jumps out. If there is another storm, you start hearing things like the snow will on the ground till May...but close to spring sun..and 60s..and it goes away in days or a few weeks.

So...will check to see how we are this week and next.

12. jaywayne12

Lol..np. Nuisance storm? Now thats a good one. Have to use that in the future.

13. jaywayne12

Congrats Cakes!! Nice to see you guys down south getting a reward for this at least!

14. jaywayne12

Thanks FM...there will be a few storms every year that dont add up. This is one of them. While I mentioned a few reasons why it happened..deep down, thats not the question. Its the argument I put to some big wigs at accuweather. Forget looking into what dynamics changed...try to figure out at what point what did the models see and not see. Thats what pisses me off about the real pros. Whats the big deal about being wrong..get over yourself. What happened to the models in a 24 hour period?

If they want to fret about being wrong causing people to change plans...for companies to change what their gameplan is etc..I get that..but these guys just sulk about "what could I have done differently" Nothing. I have said many times when people say thanks for this and thanks for that that its about reading models. So thanks...but no thanks. Im really interested to look back in the spring and see what the models saw. Period.

Anyway..thanks FM appreciated sir.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You're like the championjets69 of weather. We finally have one of these piece of shit storms miss us and all you can talk about is the next 50. Jesus christ you've been doing your pray for snow hype for the last 4 months in this thread, and it's March, think it's time to give it a rest.

16. jaywayne12

So if a storm hits next weekend should I not post it 3rd? Lol..pray? Come one 3rd..its a bit tougher then that..no? Think the doc subscribed too many bitter pills bud. We are here for fun and to talk about the weather. After the winter is over..we can open up a new bitter thread..and I promise to post there.

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Meteorology is pseudoscience at best but even so whenever the slightest possibility of something happening occurs you not only jump on board but start doomsaying like it's going to be a 100 year storm. I've never seen you post "hey, they're calling for 3-6 in the city but i think this one is going to miss us". It's always, "they're calling for 3-6 but the NAMSDHC radar actually says we're going to get 3 feet of snow if this track moves even a little bit so stay tuned!"

18. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Don't mind that guy Jay. Plenty of us value your input, and I for one am glad that you explain everything in detail. Not sure why someone would crash your thread just to be a dick, but just disregard the trash...

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa, not sure where that come from.

Please keep doing what you do Jay, this is one of the most informative threads on the board and one that actually matters in real life.

_

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think you are reading it wrong. Jay informs the snow junkies and has to write all possibilities. Also helps people who travel constantly in winter so they can arrange their flights accordingly. This also requires worst possible scenarios to be discussed. Latest example for me was when I was in Memphis a few weeks ago. Thanks to Jay's early warning I was able to change my flight. And thanks to GordonGecko, I was able to fly out of Memphis instead of driving to St Louis.

That said, you have a choice not to read this thread, no?