Jay Moore

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Tight, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

Other end On nebraska, translates into a nice linebacker.

6-5, 276 lbs..

4.7 40 yard dash.

Id take him with one of our other second rounders.

What do you think, discuss.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The last thing the Jets need is a crappy comedian on the team.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=13608

Not Jay Mohr, the comedian but Jay Moore the "other" DE that plays for Nebraska. I think this guy is a huge sleeper pick. I watched the Nebraska vs Texas game this past Saturday to watch the battle between 2 top rated prospects, DE Adam Carriker of Nebraska vs OT Justin Blalock of Texas. Adam Carriker did not disappoint; he is the ideal 3-4 DE, but I came away extremely impressed with Jay Moore. Now I know why Nebraska led the nation in sacks last year; it wasn't all Carriker. He is 6'4" and weighs somewhere between 270lbs and 280lbs depending on what site you are looking at. Just looking at him I would think 270lbs would be the more accurate number. The guy showed me some explosiveness off the edge and tremendous athleticism. Against top level competetion, he had a great game and made an impact all over the field. I think he can be a 3-4 OLB at the next level. He's also an Academic All-American so he fits the Tangini profile. I need to see him more but he reminded a lot of Mike Vrabel coming out of Ohio State. The highest I've seen him ranked on any site, if ranked at all, is 14th.

Posted by legler82 on 10-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Moore was one of the stars of the Senior Bowl along with Merriweather. He was projected as a third / fourth rounder before the combine. Now that he has become a workout warrior I am not sure where he gets drafted. There are a lot of very food pass rushers coming out so he should be there at the bottom of round two for us if we want him.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

id take moore easy.

he has a huge chip on his shoulder about being white too.not that I find that cool or any grounds to pick him, But he did make a point in an interview to say hes "sick of the stereotype that white DE's get by on a high motor instead of athleticism"

6. JetsLookingforDWare

I love Moore as a player. I think he could be a beast for whoever drafts him.