Jamal Benched

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Sep 17, 2019.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He just said on CMB that he was benched last night after making a bad play and he don't sound happy about it. He didn't say anything bad but boy o boy picking on this guy who gives a 100%. How about benching the entire god damm Offensive line!!!., What is this coaching staff up to?

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

welcome to Gases' world

Ralebird and BacktoQueens like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I personally would have benched Bell and Adams in the 4th. No need to risk injury. Clearly Adams felt insulted though since it was done after his penalties.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and what about Kalil ?????

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love Jamal, but his penalties were stupid and hurt the team. It's one thing to play with fire and passion and hit hard, but he has to know when to ease up and not hit late, especially opposing QBs. That's gonna get called every single time.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bench him for a different reason. :D

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

agreed ,,,If the guy was smart he would just retire again RIGHT NOW today

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dont get this. Maybe something was said on the sidelines? Who knows.

On an unrelated point, is anyone else getting sick of the Browns to the point of hating them. Big mouths, done nothin yet. Baker is a chump who looks average but acts like he is Tom Brady.

And I swear it felt like Myles Garrett was taking cheap shots at our QBs last night. That after accusing our DC of teaching cheap shots. Screw him.

I never used to hate the Browns but I'm starting to.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would guess it would be William's World as Gase seems to have no interest in the defense. Well mostly, Gase did push for drafting Polite when Williams was strongly against the pick. But, i would still think this would be William's decision.

10. NCJetsfan

Where did you see/hear the bold? I never heard that. If true, then that's a definite negative against Gase.

11. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

it was because of the penalties. Jamal needs to take his medicine. In the long run he and the team will be better off when they clean up the sloppy stuff

We lost last week because of a dumb penalty by Henry Anderson which kept the first scoring drive alive.

Penalties will happen (you get tricked and drawn off sides); but then there are dumb penalties and people need to be held accountable

12. NCJetsfan

I agree. Earlier, he liked it that Greg Williams singled him out at first and was hard on him. I think his anger and frustration were just in the heat of battle, and perhaps frustration with the ineptness of the offense.

13. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

He can show some real leadership right now, by owning up to it and admitting it hurt the team. He's a great player (I still wouldn't have picked a S at 6 with all of our holes but that's a different story). Perhaps he can lead some of the other guys to play the right way (cue Trumain Johnson). Just do your job

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I believe it was on a Nimbley Mason podcast. What i dont recall was the origination whether they attributed the story to Nimbley,'s sources or from another beat writer. They said both Mac and Gase pushed the Polite pick while Williams was strongly against it as Williams wsnts 3 down linebackers. Even more interesting was they noted that Polite gained 20 pounds. The speculation but without any confirmation was that Polite gained the weight at Williams direction. Which may or not be true but it makes me think two things. One is Polite is a one trick poney. A speed rusher. Take away his speed by gaining weight and he is worthless. Did polite get a fair chance or did Williams just run him out as he did not like the pick.

Ralebird, CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Thanks. Good points and questions.

Noam likes this.
  16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

No one is above benching if they make a mistake. So far, that is the best thing about this coaching staff.

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

2018 - Jets fans bitch about the old CS never benching players cos there's no discipline...
    2019 - Jets fans bitch about the new CS laying down the law and benching players...

Can't win if they don't WIN.

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not going to absolve Polite here but I wonder if he got a fair deal. Certainly, when no other team will sign him to an active roster that said something about him as a person. I think the real culprit here is Mac for making the pick despite Williams objection. Gase and Williams to a lesser extent. Everyone should have been on the same page here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will say this and I am in the minority I think Adams talks / yaps too much for my liking but you cannot deny his effort. The guy made 2 bad plays last night but no denying Adams effort he played hard,,,,I would not make an example of him when there were other guys you can easily make an example of but that's me

sackexchange likes this.
  20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I said this before the game. Never seen a team crown themselves so prematurely. They are only about 18 games removed from a winless season for Christ sake!