Jaguars to play 2 home games in London next season

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Feb 4, 2020.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I don't know if the teams get a larger share of the profits from London but I know there expenses are much greater. Your correct the split is 60/40 for ticket sales.
    I think Shahid Khan is wanting to move the Jaguars to London. He's already attempted to buy Wembley stadium

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The great pumpkin is very much real...

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I better not miss tricks or treats this year, you blockhead.

[​IMG]

Back on topic, if I still had my season tickets I don't know how mad I'd be about this seeing as I was getting rolled for meaningless pre-season games. Then again, knowing Woody The Cheapskate, he'd stick us by jacking up a pre-season game ticket from $125 to $250. I think far more people would complain if the Jets started raking in the wins like candy, candy that I might miss in October . . . BECAUSE OF YOU.

4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

His attempted purchase of Wembley was twofold. He also owns Fulham FC and their stadium has massive restrictions on it. A lot of the stadium is very old and only really viable due to temporary seating. Rebuilding it isn't a real option. If he had got Wembley then it certainly made a Jags move more likely but without owning the stadium there is no real shot at hosting an NFL franchise there permanently. It's good for 2/3 games a year but beyond that they would have to use the Tottenham stadium, which has been designed for NFL but has a capacity lower than the Jags currently have in Jax I think.

Edit: done some digging. This UK article suggests the Jags get more than double the revenue per game from London.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-to-play-two-home-games-in-london-next-season

#24 MoWilkBeast, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got no problem with that. Tons of NFL fans in London. Jags are not able to fill their stadium for low profile games anyway. It is win win imo. I hope Jets play an away game in London soon. Can't wait to meet my good friend @donkey again.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's no disagreement regarding merchandise, I had it at 100% also. The Investopedia article I linked is the most detailed I found and it had all ticket sales in the local revenue section. Older articles showed 60/40 or 66/34 splits (one showed 30% for each team and 40% for the pool) so I went with the more recent, more detailed one. Do you have a good current source?