Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/rex-ryan-erupts-on-full-of-expletive-jets-tight-end

i've always been a huge Rex fan, but talk about being classless. This is why I'm happy we changed coaches to someone like Bowles, he would never say anything even remotely like this

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how is this classless from Rex? he was called out by a former player- the player is the classless one not taking accountability and bashing former coaches.

GordonGecko, legler82 and irishwhip03 like this.
  3. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

So Jace Amaro needs to take accountability for Rex running a locker room where his starting QB can skip meetings with no ramifications? That doesn't make sense.

NYJetsO12, Pocket Jet, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  4. nyjunc

Amaro needs to keep those comments to himself. HE is the one not taking accountability for his failures and the teams failures.

xxedge72x likes this.
  5. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

So if Amaro doesn't have so many drops , that means Rex did a good job last year?

FlaJet and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Now that we can get a look at him from the other side of the window, I can see why everyone always found Rex obnoxious.

Still loved him when he was here though.

REVISion, NY Jets68 and FlaJet like this.
  7. nyjunc

nope but Amaro is looking for excuses for himself and his team. it happens whenever a coaching change is made, the team then says how great the new staff is and how much better they will be.

Rex did a poor job last year, his only bad year but he had nothing to work with. he was sabotaged by the GM.

8. nyjunc

he's a guy that people will love when he's on your side and hate when he is on another team.

4jetfans and Big Cat like this.
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Amaro probably shouldnt have said anything, but I'm surprised Rex responded at all

Figured he would have been the bigger man and left it alone, especially since Amaro is nothing at this point in his career.

10. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Loved Rex too. But he admitted during his time with the Jets that running his mouth put a sizable target on his players back too often. Now he has motivated an opponent he will see two times next season. The lesson was not learned.

11. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Rex is that fat bully on the playground that talks shit and gets away with at times until someone punches him in the face. Its was obvious the team lacked talent but also obvious it was undisciplined and badly prepared. Ryan ran a loose ship.

12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I loved Ryan's passion as much as the next guy, but he was a "player's" coach.

Amaro wasn't blaming all the 2014 Jets' failures on Ryan so much as he's saying that Ryan went easy on Smith for being late. Ryan did go easy on Smith because Ryan let Smith miss a team meeting before the SD game and then started him. Does Amaro have a legitimate gripe with Ryan's handling of Smith? Yes. Could Amaro have been quiet? Yes. Did he have to be quiet. No. Is he calling out Ryan? Not really.

Amaro is saying that should Smith fail his team, Bowles will hold him more accountable than Ryan. Certainly, Ryan could take offense to that, but he was the guy who started Smith after he missed the pre-game meeting.

NYJetsO12 and PulseJet like this.
  13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Do people here really not understand how much better the Bills are than us (at least on paper)? The reality is they will probably kick our ass twice if we do a shitload of drafting on the offensive side of the ball.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is a pretty big oversell. The only places they have clear advantages over us are offense of line and ironically enough, tight end.

I don't see an issue with a player talking about his coach's accountability when comparing his current coach to his former coach. It's not like he went out of his way to bash Rex. And it's also not like he said something that wasn't blatantly obvious.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Unless we happen to play the Bills after their bye-week, of course

Pocket Jet and Cman68 like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I love the attitude and personality. Rex Ryan is awesome.

GordonGecko and legler82 like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They have a better overall team on paper but my guess is they will struggle with turnovers from the QB position, discipline, and fluctuation in their motivation/preparedness from week to week. (all RR constants no matter what the talent level was).

Having said that I don't think we can definitively say they will beat the Jets...

18. nyjunc

yet he made 2 title games w/ a young QB who you guys think was the worst in the league. How did such an awful coach and awful QB do that?

19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

I've never really heard a coach say a player is "full of shit" straight up to the media. he could of phrased this way better

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

and rb and qb and they kicked our asses twice last year with half the team they have now. granted our defense is better but our ol won't stop them and our shit qb will still hold the ball 30 seconds before letting it go.