I've made up my mind for good

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BIG TYMER, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

I want D'Brick

I've been jumping on the bandwagon of all these different players, but I'm now set on Ferguson. Maybe I'm one of the few people who knows what an awesome O-line can do for your team. We have nothing but JAG's set in place on the line right now and we need to add some blue chippers.

Ferguson is the kind of guy that can anchor your O-line for 10-13 years and can be dominate while doing so. Building up the trenches is the best way to go for a team like us who has few playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

I think a lot of us fans want the sexy pick at #4 (QB, DE, LB, etc.) but what good is a QB going to do us if he's getting smacked in the face every time he drops back to throw the ball? We're gonna end up just like the Texans if we decide to go that route.

Football games are won and lost in the trenches and D'Brick just seems like the ideal pick for us. He's a high character guy who's a leader and considers it his mission to keep the QB standing on his feet.

I can hear it now.......

"With the 4th selection in the 2006 NFL draft, the New York Jets select......D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia!!!"

The crowd goes wild. :beer:

2. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I'll alert the media.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Crowd goes wild, yes, but they go wild booing. Waste of a pick when we are already set at LT! Draft a position of need and playmaker.

4. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

I would hate to draft dbrick what an embarrsment!!

5. kingdavid88

kingdavid88 New Member

no d-brick would be a great addition.. we have signed guys purley out of depth. d-brick is a franchise tackle who makes every1 better. u bring him in hell make who ever behing center better and the running game pick up again. you wanna bring in a qb who is gonna block for him... unless u want a mcneil and super mario thats about the only other combo that helps.. also maybee bring in lawsom and mangold

6. parafly

parafly New Member

There was a time when I actually supported drafting D'Brick at #4, but I have changed my mind. We are in a position to draft a game changing, impact player at #4. I would much rather take a playmaker at #4, and then solidify our OL by drafting Marcus McNeill at #29.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl:

8. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

At least give a reason why you think it would be an emarresment, this is dreadful post, with no thought put into it.

#8 MParty7441, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

what times the press confrence?:breakdance:

10. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

That's just the problem as I pointed out in my post. Most fans want the sexy pick at #4. The so called "playmaker". Our offensive line is shit right now. Adrian Jones is nothing more than average and if you think he is more than that, then your blind.

You don't pass on a franchise LT like D'Brick just because you already have a "solid" player at the LT position.

11. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The Jets have so many holes that we just need the most talented guy still available, and even if Leinart is there-he is still not more talented than D'brick and thats the direction we need to go in

12. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

with needs at QB, DE and RB you draft an OT with the 4th overall pick thats what the embarrasment is picture this Tom Brady and the patriots against Dbrickshaw ferguson and the jets LOL the oppositions coaches should have to stay up late to plan for an o-lineman!!

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If you expected Jones to come in from day one and play a great LT, then you're clueless. Jones was a known project with huge upside. The fact that he was average playing LT a year earlier than he should have been, and doing so next to Jonathan Goodwin, tells you all you need to know about what Jones can do. I believe Ferguson at best will be in that 5-10 range in the league, while I believe Jones can be in the 8-12 range. Not enough of a dropoff for me to justify taking him #4 when we have as many holes as we do.

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I Hate Adrian Jones!

15. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Saturday 5:30 and also scheduled to appear special guest star 51PA!!! Of course it will air on ESPN.

16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

man i just feel like i didnt watch all that losing for a Offensive Tackle.. We got needs we need a jolt of "Impact" like super mario imo. if ferguson was elite like ogdon,pace,boselli coming out the yes. but everyone i have heard from scouts to gms to media guys say the same thing i thought when i saw him and thats he isnt on that level.. hell mark schelareth(sp)? was on radio today saying how there is 4 other tackles in the draft with better technique than D brick. he also went to say is what seperates d brick from those guys is his athleticism and that his potential to be great. but said it would take him a few years cause his technique is so average..But whatever i just rather see a skill player.

#16 hydro51, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

you are aware that the most important "position" on a team is the O-Line?

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

crowd will boo like theres a group of caddle roaming the place

19. parafly

parafly New Member

you are aware that players like D'Brick such as Marcus McNeill and Eric Winston can be found later in draft, but players like Leinart and Williams can only be found in the top 5?

20. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

I can see where your coming from. O-line isn't a sexy pick but sometimes you just have to go that way. We already passed on Pace, Jones, and Ogden. Are we gonna let D'Brick slip away too when O-line is by far our biggest need?

I disagree with what Schlareth said. D'Brick has EXCELLENT technique IMO and has great footwork and athleticism.

So what if D'Brick isn't a mauler like Pace or Ogden. Those guys were great for 6-8 years but then they broke down. On the other hand, look at Walter Jones. He relies on technique and athleticism which means he doesn't have to put as much wear and tear on his body like those guys and that's why he's still going strong to this day. That is the kind of LT that I think D'Brick will amount to in the pros.

#20 BIG TYMER, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006