It not Farve.. its the WRs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaybny, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jaybny

jaybny Banned

How many times were Coles and co running the wrong routes? Every-time Favre expected them to extend the field they broke it back. I guess they are so used to Chad arms, they couldnt adjust. I want Favre back.. I want Coles gone.. we need a santana moss type WR.

#1 jaybny, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Nah, it Farve.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

shitty offensive scheme, bad coaching, poor decisions by the wr's running route, poor decisions by the qb throwing the ball. again why does everyone need to find one thing to blame. there can be multiple problems.

4. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

Because it's easier to blame one guy, especially if you never really saw him as part of your team. That way there's nothing wrong with your team, just that guy, and you can sleep every night knowing that as long as you get rid of that one guy,a SB next year is a shoe-in, since the rest of your team is playing at a SB level every single game.

Oh, and also some people just can't open their eyes wide enough to let a little light in.

5. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

In interviews they said in those plays they were supposed to run one route agains zone and another against m2m and they read the defense one way and BF read it the other way. Penny was in no way involved.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It's also much easier to blame one guy who spent the last five games throwing the ball more to the opposition players than his own.

7. Mr. Papagiorgio

Yep. The offense, defense, special teams, and coaching staff struggled down the stretch.

8. Bosko

Bosko Guest

That pretty much sums it up... So is there still someone out there who thinks Mangini was a "good coach?"

9. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Yea the wrs launched them bombs down field right into the defenders hands?? Did you boo Coles in the Cards game? Did you Boo him whenever he caught a clutch pass?

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree BUT we need a big tall fast WR. that are mine problem at WR. This was there 1st year working together so that stuff will happen.

11. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

It was Favre.anyone who wants Coles gone is wrong..

Favre panics and makes bad decisions .. Coles does not

12. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Manigini is a good coach who did a poor job down the stretch.

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Holla.....

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It was the WRs, it was Favre, it was Schotty and ultimately it was Mangini. Saying it's not Favre just makes you a fanboy.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree - everyone was partially to blame. Favre played terribly down the stretch. I do wish we had a receiver like Ginn Jr. who would come back and fight for underthrown deep balls. That could have done a lot for us this year.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I don't love our WR or Schotty or Mangini. I saw Namath throw INT's all over the lot but at least when he threw into coverage the ball was into the coverage on the WR. Favre never throws a timing pattern, every thing he throws is read and react, there's no such thing as a WR going the wrong way because Favre doesn't throw to spots he couldn't hit a spot without a target if his life depended on it. This guy lost his feel and he is no longer quick enough to read and react. He is toast.

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

they all sucked end of story. and coles' piece is more than just not being on the same page. he doesnt finish his routes a lot. he gives up on the ball alot. it was very noticable at the end of the year. he used to at least fight the corner if the ball was bad. now it just looked like he would say "fuck it" cuz it wasnt his boyfriend chad throwing him the ball.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you are wrong, its Favre.

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Yea he really gave up in the last game against Dolphins.. :)

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

if the jets were smart coles woulda played defense and picked chad left and right. he woulda been the second coming of ed reed.