it better be vince, brick, or hawk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Mar 12, 2006.

1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

2. Pride

Pride New Member

I would take Brick myself but i think it might be more wise to trade down and stockpile

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Actually it came about 5 years ago in Michael Vick.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

It's gonna be... Jay. Get used to it.

5. PennyandtheJets

You really think so? I have been having my doubts recently. I still want him, but I have a feeling the Jets are smoke screeing hardcore.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Trading down makes the most sense.

7. PennyandtheJets

There isn't always a trade partner.

San Francisco wanted out of the #1 last year, but there were no solid offers.

Sometimes you have to stay at your spot. I am not saying we can't trade down, but alot of people around here assume a trade down can happen automatically.

8. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Usually most of these trades happen right when you are supposed to pick. For example right now people sit back and say he is going here and he is going there, we dont know what surprises will happen. For example is Lineart is available when we pick I wouldnt be surprised if we trade down then and there. We might have a trade worked out with someone depending on whether or not a certain player is available. i certainly feel trading down would be a wise move on our part.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Yeah, I really do, unless Leinart drops.... a remote possibilty, but if N.O. gets Brees, possible. I still can't see Norm Chow passing on Leinart. I think it will go Bush, Ferguson, Leinart, Cutler, IF N.O. signs Brees.

DD is a great back, but not that durable. With the Texans committed to Carr, and just signing Sage, they are going Ferguson or Bush, period. Probably Bush.

NO, with Brees, replaced Shaffer with Ferguson.

The Titans take Leinart, with the Norm Chow connection.

Mangini and Tannenbaum don't trust chad to be healthy....the first contract offer proved that. They aren't offering Washington what they want for Ramsey, I just heard they offered a 7. If they sign Kitna, I can garantee Cutler is the pick. Classic caretaker signing.

What scares me is if Miami gets Brees. I don't think N.O. would go with Young. They'd take Leinart, and then the Titans could go Young or Cutler, 50-50.

10. Myself and Green hurricane were talking yesterday and we both think there is a possibility of moving into the Niners spot and nabbing one of the QB's. Oakland, San Fran and Green bay are all gonna be in a battle for AJ Hawk. Seemingly none of them need a QB like we do. If San Fran decides they want to jump up for either Hawk or Williams, we maybe able to slide down safely and still get Cutler or Young. Even the Cutler haters will have a hard time debating his selection if we move down and still get him.

The only thing we hafta beware of, is teams moving in front of us in order to nab Young/Cutler. But no one has the ammo up to this point, so it might be worth the gamble.

11. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

did anyone see what brick did against temple

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This draft is so good through the first 10 any move we make will probably work out.

13. Tons of talent and upide at the top of this draft. You're right. And w/ seemingly 3-4 picks in the top 40, it's hard to argue w/ any pick we make.

14. PennyandtheJets

I'd be real happy with Cutler because he is everything Chad isn't...

Cutler is tough as nails...
    Cutler has a strong arm...
    Cutler can scramble...
    Cutler could compete in a shootout...

We need a new identity for our franchise and I have to believe it begins at the QB position. Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler are the two we should be targeting.

15. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

YEah...i would be happy taking brick, cutler, young, leinart, deangelo, aj hawk, mario williams...its all good.

I would rather build a strong defense and go QB next draft.

Take Mario Williams in the first round-ba og in the second round, cb in the third...etc.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Exactly with all the BS about Bush, Leinart and D'Brick if we got Mario Williams or Hawk I would be totally pumped. Those are 1st pick type guys that we are going to have a shot at. This is a great year to have a to 5 pick. If only Bush and Williams were in this draft I don't think it's clear cut you take Bush.

If we traded down and got Vernon Davies it might look pretty good.

17. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

first off if brees goes to new orleans it is certain that they will trade down. we can still pick up d'brick. I say we grab d'brick and if we can trade abe for to the lions it will be a plus but if he goes to the falcons it would be aright. I just hope we can knab vern davis and if we can't we should trade down and get a 1st 2nd rounder and grab mangold with our 2nd pick and grab lawson with that other pick.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Denver seems a more likely destination for Abe, doesn't it?

19. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I couldn't agree more, Biggs my friend. Its what i've been saying all year:

Bush is not an every down back. Yes, he's a special talent. But, though i hate to speak badly, he's not an every down back. He needs an awesome o line to use. He can get around guys in the open field. But he can't go inside.

Deangelo, on the other hand, makes people miss, can run guys over, and is tough as nails.

I wouldn't mind getting Davis either. This guy is a freak of nature. HE also fills a large need. A gamebreaking TE like him can really help a team win.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Vince Young - Will be nothing for a few years, maybe ever.
    D'Brick - Our o-line needs help, but not at the LT position, we need a G, RT, and a C. Drafting an LT would be a mistake.
    Hawk - Offense > Defense that early in the draft