It’s the media’s dat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Dec 14, 2017.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The media is the reason Bowles is gonna get an extension. We all knew this team was not gonna be good this year after the off season purge. The prediction that we would go 0-16 and be the worst team in the history of football was so ridiculous but once a couple of national guys wrote it everyone picked up on it and before you knew it was the opinion of almost every publication and nfl show. Most jet fans hoped that was the case, tbe tank crowd, but we knew it was going to anywhere from 3-13 to 5-11. So now that we are gonna win 5 or so games those same people are applauding tbe jets , specifically Todd Bowles, for exceeding THERE expectations and based on that Bowles has done a good job and deserves an extension. And in the same sentence admit that he can’t manage a game. So Todd Bowles will get an extension because had exceeded the media’s expectations and coached a 5 win team to 5 wins even though he can’t manage a game and coaches not to lose and mangles managing the qb position every year. My only qualification.for a head coach is can he get his team to the super bowl not that his team plays hard almost every week. For those of you that don t think the media will kill the jets if they don’t give him an extension or the jets don’t care what tbe media thinks and writes is kidding yourselves. The media has already made the decision

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sorry messed up title.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You also messed up in spacing... dafuq

legler82, Brook! and jonnyd like this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Bowles has done a solid job this season but he’s not good enough in some key areas and likely never will be

I’m not Ok with average at best

Please get rid

LAJet likes this.
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Every single person in the media advocating Bowles get an extension would not want him coaching their own favorite teams. And no, you can't use Jets beat writers to contradict this assertion; everyone knows the biggest problem with Jets beat writers are none of them actually like the Jets or want to be forced to cover them. Ask if they think Bowles would make a great replacement for McAdoo with the Giants and you'll get a true answer about how good a coach they think Bowles is.

#5 Unhappyjetsfan, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    dogg, James Hasty and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

With what? please be specific.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Luck for us Woody and Waldo cant read a printed page hahaha

Remember guys its the owners not beat writers who hire and fire

Personally I am done here without a FQB,,if they get one but TB sticks around I wouldn't be surprised

Like Ive posted before . TB will coach his way eventually to a PInk Slip

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I hate Todd Bowles as a coach. A cardbord cut out has more heart, more balls, and more common sense than the dumbass we call Toilet.

abc and LAJet like this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The only thing solid about Bowles is that he has failed to transform into a liquid or gas so far,

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U are totally forgotten IMHO that we have hired knuckle heads to be our HC since Ewbank departed. Now I am going back 48 years & naturally includes Ewbank son in law Charley Winner :mad:

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well Champ, that's not entirely true. We hired Pete Carroll but was too impatient to keep him. He went on to win a SB and put together a powerhouse in Seattle. We also hired Parcells who in several years, cleaned up Kotite's mess AND got the team to within 30mins of the SB. Now there's a lot of driftwood in between where you have a valid point, but not every coach since Weeb has been a bum just like not every QB since Namath has been a bust. Sometimes its just the situation and system the person is inserted into.

Will-I-Am-Not, Brook! and Ralebird like this.
  12. championjets69

So U R saying all the idiots we have had over the last 48 years were not capable? If U are then I will agree with that portion of your post. As for Carroll in between us was the Pats, USC & finally the Shawks, As for BP he quit us when WJ arrive so I wonder if he assessed the future & made the judgement that it would be better for him to be on the sidelines then be a WJ lackey.. :mad:

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What do you do with all the time you save typing “U” instead of “you”?

14. championjets69

U must just at of the nursery. Cmon U must had heard of twitter speak or I phone texting:mad:

15. FJF

Yes I have have used u for you back when we had flip phones and texting was a chore. I think the technology moved forward enough for you to go ahead and tap out those last 2 letters. Hell even my tweenage daugjter spells out whole words when she texts:mad::mad::mad:

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He doesn't save any time because he has to press and hold the shift key to make the U uppercase.

JetBlue and FJF like this.
  17. championjets69

Then I guess ur daughter is not yet aware of tweet speak. In any case what does my use of u instead of you have to do with the NYJs? :mad:

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What happened was that we didnt need all of those "big name" players as evidenced by how poorly most of them are playing right now and how good our younger players are. Its easy to write a piece about how bad the Jets are gonna be cutting Marshall and Decker, but don't understand the potential of Robby Anderson.

FJF likes this.
  19. FJF

Nothing really, just been struggling with time management lately and thought you were on to something.
    Stay champ,champ
    :mad:

20. FJF

I said this in the summer, Mac cut a lot of guys that contributed more to the 11 losses than the 5 wins but somehow we were going to be worse?