Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I have been a Cro skeptic since day one, and after lastnight it just enforced those beliefs even more. Yes he can man flashy plays from time to time but for every flashy play he makes he seems to make 2 really bad ones.

Case in point, in lastnights game when Romo throws the first TD to Dez instead of Cro jumping with Dez to contest for the ball he put a hand on his chest and tries to keep him from jumping. It's like he just gets lazy on a lot of plays.

The 2nd TD Cro gave up to Austin, Cro is in a better position to make a play on the ball but instead is just strong armed out of it.

He came real close to costing us the game, he's an alright corner but he's not worth that much money as I have said all along.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No. No, he isn't.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Is Darelle Revis a human?

4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Is he a great corner? No, not even close. Is he worth the contract? No.

But, I think we kind of had to overpay to get a really, really good #2 corner, which is what he is. He's probably the best #2 in the league. Overall, he plays well. I mean, c'mon, the plays that Austin and Bryant made on him were all-world plays.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I will lay down all judgement on a four year contract in the first game of the year.

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

last night he wasnt worth a roll of stadium toilet paper. lets hope that it was just because of first night big game jitters. his 47 kids need him to play up to his potential

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

^^ This! Lmfao

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Cro was the best option on the martket at taht point, so yes.

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Its game fucking 1. Talk to me in week 8. :rolleyes:

10. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

^^^ This. Not to mention the fact that hereally idnt give up that many receptions. I hate when ppl just remember the big plays. Besides, the Austin TD isn't something to be mad about. He made a play on the ball and got burned by a dumb rule.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

AntonioCromartie,overpaid?

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Yeah but looked who was available at the point in which we got him.

I'm not just accounting for this game gut all the ones prior as a Jet, and I don't think he's worth the contract.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he played ok and he was covering well. It reminded me of last years MNF game against the Vikings. Cro was all over Moss yet the ball was thrown so perfectly, Moss caught it in the back of the end zone. It just happens like that sometimes to corners.

Last night, Cro cover Dez great but turned around too slow to bat or intercept the ball that Romo threw perfectly.
    Two things I didnt like from last night. I didnt like how he caught the ball against Austin yet Austin manhandles it away to get a TD. And I hate seeing him still pulling on guys jerseys to bring them down instead of wrapping them around and throwing em down.

Overall he did ok (He also didnt do anything stupid to get a penalty) and maybe from now on, he'll play like he did in the PO last year.

#13 mute, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

no he is not

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Corners get paid in freee agency. After Nnamdi signed with the iggles, adn with joseph already gone, Cro was the best corner on the market. We needed him and he got piad.

In Rex's defense corner is the most demanding position to play. We need top flight guys to make it work. If Wilson continues to progress things could change in a year or two, but right now we need Cro enough to pay him 8+ mill a season.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Last night was not one of his shining moments. Determining if a players is worth a dollar amount is always hard. It is even harder after one game under that dollar amount.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Probably not, but he's a nice player to have.

18. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

We bump and run with single coverage ALOT! Eventually,guys are going to get beat. Plus,Revis is on the other side so you know a QB is more likely to throw at him then risk making a trip to the Island. For the record...Revis IS NOT HUMAN!!! He just mingles with us from time to time.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cro is a good corner who has the potential to be a great corner.

He refuses to play to that potential, because he's soft.

When he grows a pair and uses his hands constantly, my opinion will change.

As to the question asked in the thread title - yes, because Cro's market value was exactly what he got. No one was going to acquire him for more.

20. Play Like A Jet

I think Cro played well last night. Obviously he could have played the ball differently in the two touchdowns he gave up but it's at least nice to see that he was right with the receiver on both of their TD receptions.

I think Dennis Thurman can coach up the nuances a bit. NBC showed him telling Cromartie that he needs to fix his hand positioning when he goes up for a ball like the one in his consecutive reception with Austin (at least that's what it looked like).

As long as Cromartie isn't getting burned I think his play will continue to improve (he's a vet but I think the shortened training camp hurt everyone). Additionally, as a #2 he's not going to have to go up against a Dez Bryant - Miles Austin combination every week. Next week he gets Mike Thomas. I bet he'll show what he's worth then.