Is Bollinger still in the equation???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KleckoMawaeChrebet, Mar 6, 2006.

1. KleckoMawaeChrebet

KleckoMawaeChrebet New Member

Do you think the coaches want to see Bollinger involved in the QB spot at all? He does have a year of experience under his belt. You can't honestly say he didn't show some grit under terrible circumstances last year. What could he do with a running game and some protection? And Schottenheimer is a QB coach who developed Brees into a pro-bowler. In my opinion spend the resources this year on people who can block and can tackle, get the money on track, start Bollinger for the first three weeks either seeing what he's got, or giving Chad some extra time to be ready, and if doesn't work out think about drafting a QB next year. I think it would be a total waste to release Bollinger.

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I can see him gone and i can see him as our 3.

I think he should be our 3.

He played well enough as a 3 and our 3.
    Its not his fault the recievers dropped passes.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I think it all depends on two things. 1) Who we manage to get in FA. 2) Whether we draft a QB this year.

If we sign someone like Kitna, and then turn around and draft Cutler, you can be sure BB won't be our 4th string QB. If we don't manage a FA signing, or we use the draft to fix other spots, then BB is back, thanks to his tiny contract. His light cap weight is probably the only reason he is still on the club right now.

4. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

For 2006 there is no way the Jets are looking at Chad or Bollinger as starting QB. If they trade for a young QB like Schaub then Bollinger stays if they draft Cutler he is gone.

5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Depends on how it goes with the draft. I think they will definately sign a veteran to backup Chad. Then, if they draft Cutler, Bolly is probably gone.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think that if the FO doesn't have the balls to make him the #2 QB, then they should trade Bollinger. On any other team with a healthy, reliable #1 QB, Bollinger is the #2 guy. He only falls to #3 with the Jets because of the Chad factor.

For as long as Chad is a Jet, which barring miracles ends after next year, we must always carry a quality #2 who really is a border line #1. Truth be told, I am glad Chad took the pay cut, and I am glad he has a chance to come back, but he is not our QB of the future anymore.

The fact that with Chad you have to keep 2 significantly priced QB's on the roster to field the position does not equate to the realized value. We will be better off when we have a QB that we can hang our hat on as somebody who is reliable and won't get injured.

I hope Chad comes back, but I would be shocked if he makes it through this next season without injury.

7. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Bollinger earned the back-up spot this year. Frankly, I'm dubious of Chad's physical ability, but glad he will be coming back. Still, I expect Bolly will wind up starting more games before the end of next season, assuming there is a next season.

8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Even though they resigned him, I doubt they trust Chad. I think we'll probably draft Jay Cutler and sign someone like Kitna. It's too bad, Bolly's a gamer, but I think he's gone.

9. I believe Bollinger will have the opp. to fight for a back-up position.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

You can find your answer and everyones opinion in this thread:
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=972