IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

OK, don't shoot the messenger, BUT if Rex and Sanchez can pull a rabbit out of their ass Thanksgiving night, here's how it looks:

Only the Steelers (6-4) and the Colts (6-4) stand between us and the playoffs:

JETS (5-6)
    Cardinals (at home) W
    @ Jags (should be similar to the Rams game) W
    @ Titans (should be similar to the Jags game) W
    Chargers (at home, should be similar to every Chargers game at home) W
    @ Bills W (Rex will NOT lose his job or the game to the Bills)
    Jets 10-6

Steelers (6-4)
    @ Browns W
    @ Denver L
    Chargers W
    @ Dallas W with Big Ben, L w/o Big Ben
    Bengals L w/o Big Ben
    Browns W
    Steelers 9-7 to 10-6, depending on when Big Ben gets healthy

Colts (6-4)
    Bills W
    @ Lions W/L
    Titans W
    @ Texans L
    @ Chiefs W
    Texans L
    Colts 9-7 to 10-6

We hold the tie breaker over the Colts, so even at 10-6, we're in.

Steelers have SUCKED lately without big Ben, and with a broken rib pressing on his Aorta he may be out a WHILE. If so, we jump ahead of the Steelers.

Sooooooooo....if you think the Rams game was a 'must win', Wait for Turkey Night against the injured Pats.

Win and we're in!!!!!

#1 Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're keeping the faith :)

Things seriously could not have shaped up better for us. We got the Colts when they were down, the Steelers QB situation is happening at the right time, and every other team in the AFC (minus the Bengals, who have a bad conference record) are flat out terrible.

3. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Everygame from this point out is a must win. If the Jets can actually win every game to 10-6, they would be worthy of a playoff spot, and would probably go deep in the playoffs with such a hot hand

4. ArmandJ

Here's another thing. Believe it or not, we have a small chance at the division. Beat the Pats and the best they can hope for is 12-4. Then you have to remember that they play both Houston and San Fran. It is very possible they can lose both, especially without Gronk. If they do, the best they can do is 10-6 with us holding a tiebreaker (I think).

Don't forget, they play Miami twice as well.

5. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

If New England sweeps the Fish they'd have the tiebreaker.

6. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I wish I could be positive about Thursday night but I'm not getting my hopes up. This is the first game since I got the sunday ticket (14 years) that I will miss because I will be out shopping. I will DVR it but wont be in a big hurry to watch it.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Texans will have nothing to play for most likely during the last week of the season. That should be a W for the Colts.

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We went from dead in the water after getting killed by Seattle to holy shit we might have a small shot.

Remind you of a different year we were 4-6? 2009? When Rex deemed us 'out of the playoffs' only to catch lightning in a bottle and end up 30 mins and an Eric Smith finger tip from the SB!

CANT WAIT

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Cardinals have a pretty good defense. Those kinda defenses eat Sanchez alive as we have seen time and time again this year. I get the wishful thinking but there is also a thing called reality and a few of you have short term memories. Its amazing what one win over a bad team like the Rams does for people....

11. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Not that I'm suggesting that this will happen for the Jets, but the last two Super Bowl champions "snuck" into the playoffs by going on a late season run and rode the momentum to a title.

12. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

First off Pittsburgh already lost to Denver, you are thinking at Baltimore in 2 weeks. Right now just beat New England though I love the optimism.

I think this year more than ever shows you on any given sunday anything can happen.

If the Jets beat New England at 5-6 they will be right where I think everybody probably thought they would be at the start of the season. Right now the only game they lost which you were saying they should win when the season started was Miami.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We're not going 10-6. "Realistically" our best case is 9-7 (I happen to think 8-8). If you're thinking playoffs, you really should be looking at ways to get in with 7 losses.

The best way that works for us is a head to head tie with the Colts, or a three way tie with Pitt and another team. Doesn't look like Pitt will get to 7 losses. Lets give them the #5 seed at 10-6. Maybe the Colts lose 7 with a rookie at QB. The problem is, head to head goes away against the Colts if there's another 9-7 team. We need to keep our eyes on teams like Cincy and Buffalo.

It will be tough to get in at 9-7, but it's certainly on the table.
    For the record, we need to hope Buffalo beats the Colts on Sunday to make them 4-4 in the AFC like we would be if we beat NE.
    If so ... Jets 5-6 / Buffalo 5-6 / Indy 6-5 / Cincy 6-5.
    If we wake up Monday with that scenario, a 4-1 finish would give us a decent shot.

#13 truthbtold, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am the sunshiniest of sunshiners but hold on a sec! The Jets are a bad team. The Rams just happen to be terrible. The Jets can beat the Patriots sure, but let's not start talking playoffs or Super Bowl just yet. If they do beat the Patriots though, who knows?

15. tubby

tubby Active Member

The Cardinals offense makes ours look like Green Bays.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Exactly, we could beat the Patriots then lay an egg the next week. One week at a time. If were going to make a run, someone's going to have to step up on offense. Maybe Mark gains some confidence if he plays well and the Jets win - I can't see this team winning 9 or 10 games with this QB play and an inconsistent defense / run game / special teams

#16 101GangGreen101, Nov 19, 2012
  17. ArmandJ

Believe me. When we beat the Patriots, we will go 10-6. Our schedule is really that weak, and we really are not as bad a team as everyone likes to make us out to be.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We're not finishing the season winning 7 straight. Be real. We're not that good and there's no doubt we'll have at least one garbage performance. Our best case would be if our 7th loss came against Arizona,SD or Jacksonville.

#18 truthbtold, Nov 19, 2012
  19. ArmandJ

I am being real. Win against the Patriots, it would be hard to imagine us having a garbage performance.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The BengALs R A THREAT TO there 5-5, I feel like we are gonna go on a run and just miss the playoffs by an inch, And I think Dallas can beat the Steelers

#20 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.