Im sick and tired of these mindless Jet fans bashing Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Dec 25, 2011.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

It just baffled as to how so many of my fellow Jet fans are so clueless about this team? Putting every problem that we have on Sanchez, this team in my opinion was overachieveing this season as it is. We had high expectations as a franchise for a 34 year old WR, a RT who has never started a full season, a front 7 that was young in the DE spot, beyond slow in the linebacking core, and a safety group that was well below average.

This team has some solid aspects to it and some major holes. Mark Sanchez is not the problem in all of this. For a kid that only played one year in college and thrown into the fire of NY and its harsh media he has done well for what it is. He hasn't crashed and burned and whether you like it or not he has handled this team very well. Yes, he has gone through rough patches. Yes, he has made his fair share of bone headed plays but lets keep in mind he is 25 years old and even HALL OF FAME QBs haven't had the success that Mark has had in his first three seasons.

Saying that he is the major problem and saying to get rid of him is just ridiculous. Please educated yourself on football before you make a rash decision to expect a Super Bowl from this kid the first three season. Before you question his abilities as a starter for this team look into the AFC Championship game losses in the last two years, who lost the game for our team?

Yeah, I know I am ranting, and trust me I can keep going. This is my team and this is my QB and I will defend them until there is an obvious concern.

2. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Tim Tebow took a 1-4 team and won 7 off 10 games. Guess he is on the edge of greatness. think if we call Denver in the offseason and offer them 3 1st rounders we can get him? What has the scrub exactly accomplished anyways? Where is the superbowl? Has he turned a bunch of nobody receivers into good ones like a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning? No he was given a good receiving core both this year and last year and he still sucked.

3. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

Explain last weeks loss? Explain the loss to the Patriots 32nd ranked defense?

Defense did their job aside from the 99 yard TD (missed tackle on Wilson/Cromartie) and Nick Mangold's bad snap on the 1 yard line.

I have respect for Sanchez as he stepped up his game during playoff time but us NY Jets fans have high expectations because the team is built to WIN NOW for the past two years and HE'S THE ONE HOLDING US BACK.

#3 NyCrAzY, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. JohnnyThaJet

........ Keep this opinion, you'll go far on this website with it.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Youre clueless buddy. Keep the excuses rolling....

6. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Keep thinking that just because your good in 15% of your games your a good Nfl Qb. I can't even think of 10 games where you can say wow im seeing lights off Aaron Rodgers about Sanchez can you?

7. JohnnyThaJet

If you are talking about the Eagles game, our whole entire team failed to execute, on all sides of the ball, it happens to every team in the NFL, even a team like the Packers.

If you are talking about the Giants game, Our QB threw for 60 times in a game and we completely took our run game off the game plan after the first quarter. Our QB was bound to make mistakes after 60 attempts. Our Offensive line broke down completely on all ends, Moore had a bunch of penalties, Mangold botched a snap, Brick was manhandled by Pierre-Paul, Hunter was killed by Tuck, and Slauson couldn't handle the inside half the time. We didn't throw the ball deep at all in the first half and the Giants zone was effective because our offensive gameplan was short passes, dump offs, screens, and short runs up the middle, there was ZERO complexity to our Offense. Our D played well until that 99 yard TD, which was demoralizing to the whole entire team. I could go on but there you go for short.

This year this team had ZERO depth and holes EVERYWHERE, our GM failed to improve this team and actually downgraded our squad. He is not holding up back, we need something to take us over the hump, whether that be a new RT, a elite pass rusher, a young and solid WR opposite Holmes, a blocking TE, faster LBs, A safety that can cover the TE. All problems on our team that are completely over what Sanchez does wrong. I will admit he makes mistakes and he needs to keep learning but he is young and all things take time. Look at Eli for example, he had his fair share of problems early on but he got his team together and formed a great team and he won a Superbowl. I fully believe Sanchez can do the same for us.

8. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Reason why the Jets made the playoffs last 2 years were because they were a ground and pound team and didn't expose Sanchez, this year for some stupid reason Shotty the dumbo decided to let Sanchez throw and exposed him and teams thrived on it and Sanchez showed he is crap. Now he is forever exposed we need a new qb because they will be begging him to throw on them. Thanks shotty again.

9. JohnnyThaJet

What's your arguement then... Just gunna throw a one liner like that ?

10. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

I agree.

Mark Sanchez is exposed because he was always backed up by the "Ground & Pound" and outstanding defense.

This year, it's not the case. When they needed him the most, he didn't execute. But I guess like the OP said, the whole team is a mess. Slow LB's, safeties can't cover TE's. Please get rid of Eric Smith!

Give Greg McElroy a competition next year, pretty sure that'll fuel Sanchez up since he knows his job is in no danger when Mark Brunell is your 2nd string..

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Fully agree. Sanchez is not a strength of the team, but he is not a major weakness. We put other QBs back there with Hunter, and they won't look too good either. Also, we have an OC not taking advantages of our player's talents and a defense that can't cover an athletic tight end or quick running back.

12. JohnnyThaJet

Funny you bring that up. Yes that is very true, we lost our ground and pound aspect this season but we also lost that in the AFC Championship games, the games that matter the most, and the only person consistent in both was Mark. If you are talking about the aspects of why we lost, its not Mark plain and simple. And with time he can improve on that consistency in the playoffs and translate it to his regular game.

I'd be willing to bet you'd rather have Flacco or Freeman over Mark wouldn't you?

13. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

Sorry to disappoint, but yes, I would take Josh Freeman or Joe Flacco ANYDAY over Mark Sanchez.

Imagine one of them with the Jets ... especially with the tools we got.

Freeman had a down year because he has no players there ...

14. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

funny you bring that up and everyone drooling over his playoff performances. 2010 in the 2 wins he had 189 and 196 yards passing, what does that tell you? Game was won by ground and pound and defense. 2009 the 2 wins we had he had 182 yards and 100 yards passing what does that tell you? Game was won by ground and pound defense. Why are people acting like he lit up the defenses and threw for 400 yards? Non of the 4 wins he threw for 200 yards can people grasp that concept? Only person who was consistent my ass how about giving credit to the defense? Was he a liability? No, but he wasn't Joe Montana either and just because he had a handful good games in his career out of 50+ doesn't make him even a decent Qb.

#14 jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  15. JohnnyThaJet

Ill give you one of my all time favorite stats about Freeman, in the past two season his record against winning teams has been 11-4 versus teams under 500 and 3-13 against teams over 500. Now tell me this? How this that a sign of a good QB? How would you expect him to beat big time teams like the Pats, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, etc most of which Sanchez HAS beat in his career (besides the Ravens).

Flacco has weapons galore with Boldin, Smith, Evans, Two Solid TEs, the best FB in the league, a top 5 RB in Ray Rice, and not to mention an elite defense every year. Sanchez has had only two of those factors (an elite defense and a solid #1 WR). And yet Flacco couldn't get his team to the Super Bowl either.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Jets fans who want Sanchez gone are the same as Giants fans who were saying Eli needed to go the year of and even after his superbowl win.

These people claim to want a winner but lack the patience to allow it to happen.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To add on, didn't Flacco get a win in the playoffs while only completing 4 passes and only taking 10 attempts?

18. JohnnyThaJet

What QB in there ROOKIE season could ever meet expectations of throwing for 400 or even 300 yards against excellent defenses? Its called experience, and Sanchez got his. Its funny if he wasn't a NY Jet and had these solid kind of performances in his first few seasons, he would be the next up and coming great QB but since he is in NY he is expected to win a Super Bowl immediately. Patience my friend, this kid shows signs of a great QB and it takes a team to win a SB not just one person as much as I hate to break it to you.

Give this kid time for god sakes, its been three years, his 4th full year of playing a full season of football in college and in the pros. We have to wait and see before being so rash and ignorant to the situation.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I have lost all respect for you with your posts earlier just this here is unreal...

20. JohnnyThaJet

Thank you, Someone who actually understands all of this.