I'm in tears right now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets4life1190, Jan 23, 2011.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

tough loss. it would be retarded to skip the superbowl though

2. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

i would have rather lost with the ball in our hands, so heartbreaking losing with Sanders or whoever that was catching the ball.

3. The Brit

The Brit Member

mike tomlin: "steelers fans the best in the world!" Is that why they went all quiet for the whole of the second half...they were sh*tting themselves...pathetic support

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

When the camera went over to Schottenheimer on when the Jets had the ball on the goalline, he was baffled about the play call.

You have to be prepared in that situation.

5. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

well if that fumble by sanchez didn't happen ... we were seconds from winning it.

6. endydee

endydee Active Member

Actually, although I am disappointed we lost today, I felt worse last year and in 1998 when they lead at the half in both those games and lost. They didn't show up in the first half today which is strange. The defense was missing way too many tackles allowing first downs on 3rd and long. Also, I still think Sanchez's arm was going forward on that fumble recovery TD. That and not getting the TD from the one. Why didn't Tomlinson go airborne as he has his whole career, instead of trying to force it up the middle? Granted the Jets got two points on the safety, but that ended up being the five point difference.

#26 endydee, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. CC_is_my_homeboy

CC_is_my_homeboy New Member

While the Jets still didn't deserve to win (especially after not converting on 3rd and 4th and Goal from inside the 1) that call on the "fumble" at the end of the first half still bothers me. If that was Tom Brady or Peyton that definitely would have been ruled an incomplete pass.

Hopefully the Packers can overcome the inevitable biased officiating of the Rooney Football League.

8. Mibabalou

Mibabalou New Member

Im not crying, but damn this hurts.

9. titan999

titan999 Active Member

Endless, mind-numbing pain. This one really hurts because I really think that the Jets were the better team. It also hurts that that dirtbag Roethlisberger gets to go to another SB.

I am convinced that the only was this team will ever get to and win a SB is for them to actually not crap the bed in the regular season, win the AFC East, and have HFA throughout the playoffs.

10. God just toys with us, over and over and over again. It's brutal.

Proud of this team, the franchise, the direction it has taken and is taking, but this is just cruelty. It's incredibly cruel to do this to a fanbase.

11. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

only melo goin to the knicks will cheer me up after this..............

12. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Now we gotta deal with the offseason bullshit. All of our FA and the fucking lockout, this is gonna be brutal.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

All I can say is... we're not like in a movie... and I feel like crying... so fucking close...

14. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

I am so proud of the Jets, but it kills to lose another championship game. I literally love this team, the coaching staff, and the fans. WE WILL WIN A SUPERBOWL THIS DECADE. We are built, solid, and young. We need to be proud and keep our heads up.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Free agents, a possible strike, injuries......who knows when/if we make it back here. I'm 0-4 in my lifetime in shots to get to the SB.

I thought this was our year and the SOJ's showed up in the 1st half.

This is gutting. Just gutting.

16. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This is one for the history books.

It sucks just as bad as any other season ending playoff loss we've ever had. You know the list.

It's time to re-load, and try again next year. That's all we can do.

:jets:

17. Drez

Drez New Member

This is one of the cruelest losses in Jets history. To the expectations from the start of the season all the way to the improbable and epic New England win, it just seemed like we were destined for Dallas. Despite being down 24, the team gave us all hope by slowly crawling back into the game. After that safety followed by the TD, I still foolishly felt we were going to somehow pull it off. But as always this team made you believe and right when we were on the verge of greatness, we fall short.

This ones going to hurt and linger for a long time.

#37 Drez, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  18. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

unfortunately its usually too good to be true with this team :(( i thought it was our time.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I started crying in agony , my life passed before my eyes. Then my mom came down and yelled at me and told me to stop pissing around and get a job.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I was not confident at all in 98 and last year, but this year and in 1982 pre-Mud Bowl I was confident. This one hurts the worst since 1982.