Ik Enemkpali Says Jets Fans are "Crazy"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao This is great!

IK Enemkpali thinks you are “crazy,” Jets fans.

Enemkpali punched Jets starting quarterback Geno Smith during training camp, breaking his jaw and changing the team’s season — some say for the better. Ryan Fitzpatrick took over as the Jets starter and has had a career season with 3,724 yards and 29 touchdowns as the Jets head into their season finale against Enemkpali’s Bills.

Enemkpali talked about the punch at length for the first time with Buffalo News on Wednesday, and said he is “not surprised” some Jets fans have branded him the team’s MVP.

“Nobody knows if what I had done was going to deter whether Geno was going to play or not,” Enemkpali told the paper. “Nobody knows that exactly. In the league, it’s next man up.

“I mean, the Jets’ fans — I was up there for a year — they’re crazy. They say anything and they have no filter at all.”

Enemkpali, a second-year special teams player, was immediately released by new Jets head coach Todd Bowles and scooped up by his old one — Rex Ryan — and the Bills. Enemkpali was suspended the first four games of the season for the incident — stemming from a $600 debt Smith owed him for skipping out on a charity event — and has appeared in 10 games this season for the Bills.

“It was a whirlwind, man, a whirlwind,” he said of the time immediately after the punch. “The attention was crazy. It felt like” he was “a first-round draft pick, but under different circumstances. Everybody was making this big deal about just everything, from the Jets to here, Rex … just a lot going on.”

Now, thanks in large part to Fitzpatrick, the 10-5 Jets are one win away from the playoffs. But Enemkpali isn’t concerned with that or anything else with his former team.

“I’m thinking about here, now,” Enemkpali said. “If I spend time thinking about what I was, where I was, you can’t really improve like that. I’m living in the here and the now.”

http://nypost.com/2015/12/31/genos-puncher-has-a-message-for-crazy-jets-fans/

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I'm sure he must've visited this site at some point, don't disagree with his statement.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Geno must have wired him the $600 PLUS interest.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea well IK Enemkpali is a scrub Geno punch or not........

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This. Read the board during a win and then following a loss. It's so illogical it's like reading a team board of an 0-16 team and a 16-0 team week to week.

I wonder if every other fan base is like that though.

TwoHeadedMonster, Poeman and Jets69 like this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao

Of course every fan base is this way. Go on any board and read it when they lose or when they win. It's the nature of being a die hard fan

egelband and Freddy Mondo like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He'd have to get permission from his Mom first...

TNJet and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The dude though it was worth risking his career as a fringe roster player to punch a NFL starting QB over $600.

He has no right to call anyone crazy.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ik.

NYJetsO12, mgjetman22 and Jets69 like this.
  11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

WE ARE A CRAZY FAN BASE.
    [​IMG]

TNJet likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

13. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Pats fans wanted Belichik's head last weekend. Yeah, it ain't just us.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Rightly so, if you have a HOF QB, you put the ball in his hands and let him win the game.

I don't get mad when the Jets lose a well played game, I get mad when they play like they need to take a refresher class in football 101 and the HC makes stupid decisions.

Thats when I lose it as a fan, if the jets had Brady and TB decided to kickoff, I would be livid with that decision as a fan also.

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

True dat, but the Jets had shut down their offence pretty well for most of the game. Knowing our return game, our special teams coverage, our kicker and punter struggles, the only way we win that game was by a TD, that was pretty unlikely going into OT. If we had settled for a FG, they still get the ball, but get the ball knowing they need a TD to win, huge advantage for them.

It's calls like that, that Bill made a career on. Yes having TB helps win most games, but when they struggle, a call like that one has benefited them far more than hurt them. If not for a blown coverage and big catch and run by Enuwa, it's a different game.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it's not his only incident either. Wasn't he the guy that jumped out a window after he assaulted a transvestite or some shit? lmao

Typically Rex activated him for this game. This dude hasn't even been active. Rex prolly wasted a spot on this guy just so he could play against us again.

LMAO at the people that were sorry about the geno incident because it cost us this bum. They has this guy as some sort of talent that was gonna be a player....lol

Fate has a funny way of working. Could it be that it finally worked for us?

#16 Walt White, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sadly, he's right, at least partially. Look at some of the crazy ass posts and threads we've had during this season wanting Gailey and Bowles fired. As another poster said, there are fans of every team who are crazy. At least in our case, we have a valid excuse. We've had incompetent, clueless owners who have hired a succession of clueless, incompetent GMs and HCs. Even when it looks like things were going to turn around and the Jets finally get it right, they always found a way to screw it up and disappointed us. It's been a maddening ride.

It also helps to remember that "fan" is short for "fanatic," and there's a certain amount of craziness/insanity inherent in fanatics.

westiedog1 and egelband like this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's not crazy, he's just a dumbass

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

When punching a teammate makes you famous. Let it go people.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I seriously get pissed the fuck off when people thank IK for "Saving" our season by doing what he did to Geno.

The logic, as I understand it, is that Geno was doomed from the start and would only have sunk the jets chances.

But see heres the problem: If Geno was such the obvious disaster that people claimed he was that fact would have revealed itself with time anyway. He would have played himself out of the job with some bad preseason games, it would have sorted itself out.

IK didn't do anything helpful, all he did was throw our QB situation into turmoil. thank god Fitz didn't get hurt or something, we lost one of our two seasoned QB's and were walking on eggshells from there.

People forget, to that point Smith had earned his chance to start, he was doing well enough to be first team QB. Its not like he was dead in the water.

Now its all worked out, Fitz is awesome and is probably earning a new deal, Smith may not even play another game for gang green again for better or worse, thems the breaks. but I give no credit to IK for any of the success the Jets have had in 2015.