If the Jets go defense in the first

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Who would you rather have: Leonard Williams, Randy Gregory or Shane Ray?

I'm not saying we will, it depends on our new regime. If we stay at 4, I can't see us taking Cooper as much as it pains me to say. I also think both QB's will be gone.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets go defense on a top 5 pick it better be for a pass rusher and he'd better be really good. The Jets haven't had a great edge rusher since John Abraham left town. If they're going to run a Cover 2 they're going to need a great edge pass rusher.

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Shaq Thompson than all the players you mentioned . Shane Ray is more explosive than the two and has an incredible burst and first step, but like many pass rushers at the college level, he doesn't have a variety of pass rushing moves, and he doesn't seem to have strong, hands or great counter moves(it's tough to tell, as he beats LT's with his electric speed.). And he's too much of a non factor in the run game, for my liking. I haven't seen much of Gregory this season, but from the little I've seen of him I perfer him over Shane Ray. As for Leonard Williams he's just not a great pass rusher, in my opinion, and we need an electric pass rusher to generate more pressure on Quarterbacks. He's the more well rounded player, and he's even mastered the JJ Watt deflection! But I don't think he's what this team needs, he's more of a 3 technique in a 4-3 defense, and he'd be an EDGE or DE in a 3-4, so I guess he technically fills a need, but I just don't think he's a great fit.

Shaq Thompson's my guy, he needs to put on more weight.

#3 BigSnacks54, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  4. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Gregory

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if the jets go defense in the first with new hc/gm, the billboard will be up the next day

Burnz, JETS1116 and jilozzo like this.
  6. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

If we go defense at 4, it's gotta be a pass rusher, Thompson / Beasley / Fowler are my top 3.

Now to me, out of those 3, Shaq Thompson would be the only one 'worthy' of the #4.

*But, if both QBs are gone, I feel like we'd grab one of the tackles*

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

if they go defense again i will project vomit all over the place

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If they are looking at a defensive player - Randy Gregory is that hybrid defender that can play in a 3-4 / 4-3. He's a good pass-rusher.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We need a star on offense at the skill position. If they pass on Cooper my head will explode.

10. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If we take a defensive player at 4th overall, this board will be a fun bunch for the next few days...

Like Br4d said, if we go defense it had better be a future pass rushing pro bowler. I would take that over OLine honestly because I don't think there is a certified future LT in this draft.

11. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

There is no need to go Defense in the first round outside for the Safety Collins from Alabama. It's Cooper and then everyone else IMO.

12. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Winston will be the next qb for the jets book it.....and I most here hate it hahahajja

13. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I'd take Gregory out of the players you listed

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

well i guess they're going defense again now

15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Out of those 3 it's not even close... RANDY GREGORY!!!! He is not only the best player out of those 3 but an OLB is a big hole in our front 7... Williams is no slouch but Gregory brings more speed and IMO is the better player.

16. JH123

JH123 Member

If the jets go defense in the first round I will cry

17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

They don't have much of a choice at 6. Outside of Cooper (who will be gone) who do you take?

18. JH123

JH123 Member

Trade down

amuck57 likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think there's a somewhat better chance that Winston will be there on the 6 than Mariota. If Winston doesn't throw at the combine he's almost certainly going to be there on the 6. The only guy who threw at the combine last year was Bortles and even though he looked like he had issues to correct he preserved his draft position in the process.

20. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

stop with the " if the Jets go defense in the first round I will saturate my diapers BS". We have assloads of $$ for free agency, to be spent 2 months before the draft nowadays, so we can fill most holes there, unlike most teams. We need a stud OLB and Gregory is the man, bar none! And don't give me the Gholston crap either...this guy is flexible and productive as hell in the BIG10 against big linemen all day, every day.