If Tebow started for Jacksonville, will they still suck?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I still think if Tebow started for Jacksonville, they may play themselves out of the #1 pick, yet they will still be a bad team and below .500. What do you guys think?

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Probably. It's a team game.

3. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

This was a trade that could have benefited both teams, if Jax was really interested in TT. Ask for a one and settle for a two. Both teams would then be able to fill positions of need now and in the future.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Jacksonville Jaguars are no quick fix, at least there is some talent on the Jets team. Besides MJD, everyone else on the roster can't make the cut on other teams.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

The way things are looking right now, Jacksonville will be looking for a new GM and very possibly a new head coach and quarterback at the end of this season.

Will they still be bad if Tebow is the QB? Well, Tebow took over a very bad Denver team last year and we know what happened. Could it happen in Jacksonville? Sure.

6. Potzer

Potzer New Member

In this scenario, I see them going after Tebow for more then the Jets payed for him. Maybe a 2nd/3rd rd pick and/or a young player?

To the OP. If he were traded last week at the dealine, and started the following sunday. It would likely be a dumpster fire still.

Running through an offseason/OTA's with Tebow as an "annoited" starter? I think he could be 500 or better in Jville.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If that were the case, the Jets should JUMP at that opportunity.. But It ain't happening.

Why the hell would Jacksonville offer that???

Last offseason, his stock was at its absolute highest and the best offers were 4th rounders... What makes you think they'd offer more this year?? His sideline cheerleading? His excellent clipboard holding?? His punt protection???

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

You might have taken Remarker's title as most delusional Tebow homer on this board.

Congrats?

9. phaytal

phaytal New Member

You're out of your mind. How in the world has his trade stock increased as a backup quarterback that the Jets coaching staff wont even let finish blowouts? It hasn't.

He was worth a low 4th 6 months ago. He was terrible in the preseason, his role on the Jets is a complete joke, and whoever wants him will have to buy out the remainder of his contract.

He'll probably be worth in the neighborhood of a 6th this off-season, with the Jets eating half or all of his contract, especially with another damn good quarterback class coming out in 2013. There is also a very good chance that the Jets cut him outright.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

The Jets won't cut him. they'll draft another QB, who will challenge Tebow for the backup role. Tebow's best shot is is Sanchez gets hurt (not hoping for that, just saying...) and he starts a couple games and does well.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sorry but Geno Smith and Matt Barkley don't impress me.

12. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Here is the scenario that was offered up.

His value to J-ville would increase, because there would be a GM who wasn't against his acquisition. Also Gabbert would have had another (so far) unimpressive year.

His value to Jacksonville was already higher then the 4th round pick offered. Based on the potential ticket sales/media exposure/ value as a starter.

Its entirely possible that Tebow in his 16 games split between 2 seasons will have a better record then Gabbert in 2 full seasons.

13. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Yes, this is what we expect from you, when you have nothing useful to offer, just start insulting people at random.

Congrats?

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

You ignore facts. You glaze over reality. You choose not to accept the fact that your boy is riding pine, and has no chance to start,

Keep talking shit, because your opinion has been rendered useless.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I have to say, Tebow is better option than Cassell/Quinn, and Gabbert/Henne. Sanchez I think is better than Tebow, only slightly.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He has gotten quite a bit more intangible this season.

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Yes

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

You would have been lucky to get a 5th or 6th rounder from Jacksonville. They weren't interrested enough in him to outbid a 4th round pick just 7 months ago, and that was after coming off of perhaps his best performance in a playoff game.

As shitty as the team in in Jacksonville, I see nothing that changes Tebow into a 2nd round pick... are you kidding me?

I'm betting he gets cut outright at the end of the year.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If I was Tanny this offseason I would trade Tebow for Uche Nwaneri straight up. Nwaneri is the worlds biggest Tebow hater but he a good guard that is better than Matt Slauson.