If Jets sign Pace and Woody do they trade 6th pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kellypkjoe, Mar 1, 2008.

1. kellypkjoe

kellypkjoe New Member

I would think that they may well trade down for additional picks. A 15-20 and a couple of mid round picks with at least a 2nd or third. This way they can stack up on reserves and future starters with 2009 or 10 the target. The draft is heavy or RB, WR and CB. we are not SP contenders for 208 with the QB situation as it stands now.

2. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I guess the question is then, do we have suitors for the spot

3. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

No way - McFadden. We have no offensive firepower.

4. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

the way we have been aggressive who knows, we could do 3 things- stay put and maybe take mcfadden, trade down, or even trade up to get chris long, if we can package drob and our #1 for the 2nd or 3rd pick, it may happen, we would get a great player and lose a huge contract, a win win if u ask me

5. kellypkjoe

kellypkjoe New Member

I believe their would be many suiters.

6. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

If we sign Pace, there is no way they move up for Long.

I also think it means no Gholston.

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I am not overly fond of McFadden, I do not see him int he same light as Arian Peterson, I would hope we could drop a few spots and get Mendenhall, if that oppurtunity presented itself

8. TampaBayJetsFan85

No... We stay put if thats the scenario and we draft either Gholston or McFadden... Chances are McFadden is gone and we take Gholston.

LB's
    Gholston-Barton-Harris-Pace

DE's

Coleman-Jenkins-Ellis

(Plus whatever player or picks we get if we deal D-Rob... If we keep D.Rob our D-Line should be...

Robertson-Jenkins-Ellis

O-Line...

Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody...

Thats a powerfull front 7 with speed and agility with an amazing O-Line with only 1 round of the draft complete

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was dead set against McFadden unless the Jets were willing to invest in the OL to make good use of him. Well, it looks like they're doing just that. If he's on the board when we're on the clock I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if they grab him now. I'd feel a bit better about it if they signed Pace first just too add somewhat of a pass rush. If they don't sign him, I'm hoping with go defense with the #6.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

just for once,we need to get the high offensive pick that opposing defenses fear. Were aggressive in FA,why stop there?

11. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

colemen would start over drob and drob would come in on 4-3 sets and backup nt if he is not traded, hopefully we try to trade bryan thomas if we get gholston, but i would love to have chris long, he is ganna be a game changer

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am starting to think the Jets may want McFadden to play some RB/WR. We need a playmaker and taking McFadden would give us one from day one.

I am not saying I like this or hate this idea, but it looks to me the Jets are trying to take a BIG step this season.

13. TampaBayJetsFan85

I agree...

Just think of an O-Line that has...

A Franchise LT in Ferguson

A 7 time Pro Bowler in A.Faneca

An All Pro Center in Mangold

Moore will become really good as our LG

And Woody or Olivea as our franchise RT

Kellen as the QB

With playmakers left and right at the skilled positions...

Coles as the #1 WR,
    Cotch as the #2 WR
    Brad Smith or Stukey as the Slot WR sometimes even L.Washington
    Thomas Jones and D.McFadden as the 1-2 Punch
    And Leon Washington as the scat back, or even lined up as a WR

With C.Baker being the dark-horse...

Do any of u all know what D.McFadden can do for this Offense? He will be our A.Peterson from day 1 behind this new and improved O-Line. Dont think the signing of Faneca only upgrades the LG position over Montgomery... He also improves the play of Mangold and Ferguson.

On the other hand... I really wanna see Gholston in this 3-4 Defense with D.Harris playing behing K.Jenkins and in front of Rhodes and Revis...

Either way... McFadden or Gholston... And im an excited fan

14. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Can Fergurson prove it before you call him a franchise LT??

15. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i really don't see the jets signing pace. But if they do sign pace, i don't think they'll trade down. I think they'll take McFadden if he is there, otherwise they still might take Gholston. They would have crazy depth at the position and would always have fresh legs at the OLB position. And they could ease Gholston into the starting role and the next year can bryan thomas.

16. TampaBayJetsFan85

Believe me... The kid is only 24 years of age... Working with A.Faneca each and every day, talking to him, learning from him, and playing alongside of Faneca each and every week will turn this LT of ours, into a Franchise LT... mark this thread down somewhere.

Ferguson has played great, he a 2nd year player and a 2nd year starter... This is the year that he comes into his own playing next to a 7 time pro bowler.

You do know that LT is the hardest position for an O-Lineman to play right? For his first 2 seasons... I give ferguson a B, maybe a B+...Keep in mind... Just the fact that Ferguson has started all 2 seasons is a positive, most LT's dont start untill thier 3rd or 4th year