If Chad is the Jets Satrting QB and he does good this year and he doesnt get hurt...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Chad Pennington

1. This will be his last year even if he does good and doesnt get hurt

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 1-2

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. 3-4

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  4. 4-5

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. More than 4-5

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Do you guys think Chad Pennington can comeback and win the QB Job?

What do you guys think?

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think joe namath can come back and win the job.

will it happen? who knows

in all seriousness, I think he can, but im not setting any expectations. and this is just for him to win the job, playing effectively is even another question.

3. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

No I don't think that he can. Realistically I don't think that he can play better than Ramsey or probably even Clemens at this point in his career.

Lord knows I'll be pulling for him though.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Are we there yet?

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

so far, it seems 56% of the replies are still living in 2002.

seriously, he's so overdone that calling him toast is an understatement.

start bolly or ramsey until clemmins is ready. this is a rebuilding year.

6. jetfaninwisconsin

I responded to the first thread like this awhile ago, I responded to the second thread awhile ago, after the 10th thread of this same subject, it just aint worth responding...

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If Penny's arm recovers, he wins the starting job hands down. I can't see Ramsey or Bolly taking it away from him, and Clemens doesn't need to start this year. Give him a year and let some of the other pieces of the offense gel and get in place before rushing him to the line.

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I think its not a matter of him coming back, its a matter of him not getting injured again once he returns.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Quite true... with the state of the offense it is a high risk job for him this year.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Yes – for one reason; it’s a throw away season and they don’t want to throw the rookie to the lions too quick.

Chad will start – Ramsey may take over at some point…

11. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think he will come back as starter. I just think that he will not be back to his old self and wont keep the starter job next year.

12. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Do I think Chad can win Coach Mangini over and be the starter from the get go this year? yes. Do I think he will play 16 games as the NYJets sarter this year? I don't know.

At this stage in the game I am looking at it like this. Chad in 2002 was hands down the best QB at web hall. In fact 2002 Chad would also be the best QB today. But right now I am starting to think that Kellan has the most intangables on the field. But that doesnt mean I think he should start over Chad, or even Brooks at this point?.......no way.

Which brings me to my next point. Brace yourselves......Brooks Bollinger is my pick to start most of 2006. Yup, I would rather see Brooks behind center than any QB on the roster at this point. I am starting to believe that Kellan is our QB of the future. And Chad while I love the guy and he has the smarts and heart to win 5 SBs, his body doesnt seem to be able to keep up with his winning nature.

The reason I say Brooks is that the kid impressed me last season under dire stress and an absolute terrible situation. The kid can take a beating and our new line will hold off the wolves much better than last years broken down line. "If" Chad gets broken again this year I hope they let Bollinger back behind center this year and win some games for us while Kellan learns on the sideline what it takes to work at this level. Let Brooks take the beating and growing pains of the new Oline this year with Chad as his AND Kellans mentor. I think that would be the best and safest way to tranision our young rookie QB of the future to get used to the NFL.

And just when we are ready to look around, passed our solid new Oline, and our new new Dline for that matter (next year or maybe even the year after) for some new blood to lead our hungry ass team to the big dance we will find Kellan Clemens eager and 100% ready to kick ass for us. Maybe in 2007, maybe in 2008. But thats the best senario I can think of. Just like Brady. I want people to forget about Kellen for a while. And when he comes in after Brooks has given all he can give(maybe after running one to many times lol), people will be like "Kellen who?" Who's Kellen Clemans? He is! The Jets win!!! The Jets win!!! the New York Jets are WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!...............

Ok was I day dreaming again? yep........or was I?...................:p im a freak.

#12 fake_crs, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  13. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I think he CAN. Probably by default. If Pat falls short and Clemens isn't ready AND Chad is close to 100% he can have a shot. And all this could happen prior to opening day.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Chad has a much better chance of coming back from this injury than he did when the previous regime and that last shoulder injury. I don't think the odds are in his favor to return to anything near "2002 form", but odds are tricky. I hope he does, no matter how well Clemens turns out to be.

15. azjet

azjet New Member

A good mentor has to play to teach and Chad hasn't played much lately. You are basing your opinion on the mini-camp play by Clemens? He has a ways to go and some hits to take before he can walk on water and if Bollinger plays and wins more than 9-10 Kellen will have his hands full this year and the next. All the QBs need the run game to show up this year and KC has to play to improve.

16. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

I know there is not much going on right now, but do we have to hash this out again? At least this year I feel more comfortable than I did last June.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Do i think he can caome back &s start with the Jets? yes

Do I think he can come back to the level of play in 2002? no

I don't think he would start for many other teams in the league, but i can see him beating out Ramsey & we still have a lot of $$$ invested in him

18. Martin&theJETS

If Chad is the Jets Starting QB and he does good this year and he doesnt get hurt how many more years do you think he would be the jets starting QB for?

19. jetfaninwisconsin

until he isnt effective anymore...........

20. Martin&theJETS

how long to you think that will be?