I think the Pats have a plan for next year....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JohnnyThaJet, Apr 29, 2011.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

With the accumulation of so many picks I think they have an ultimate plan for next years draft. The scariest part is they can get another 2012 1st rounder out of #33. All this trading down could lead to a huge trade up next year.

And it will be for one of these two:

Alshon Jeffery-
    [​IMG]

or

Justin Blackmon-
    [​IMG]

Alternatives: Ryan Broyles or Micheal Flyod .

This kids should all be picked in the top 15 which the Pats and Saints shouldnt be in. They will look to trade up and get one of these beasts and IMO thats worst than them getting a Julio Jones.

Yeah I know, " I DONT FUCKING CARE WHAT THE PATS DO!", Well if one of these kids are a Pat, they become even more dangerous. Sorry to be thinking so far ahead but this is a huge possibility that shouldn't go ignored .

2. 624

624 Banned

Brady's window is only getting smaller, so let them keep trading for future picks.

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

If they were gonna trade up for a superstar WR they would have done it this year, AJ Green and Julio Jones are both better prospects than Blackmon and Jeffery

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1. Every year we get scared to death at what the Patriots might do and every year they disappoint. Look at this year... they reached for Solder and then traded out. They still might get Ayers but I think they'll trade out again.

2. I think they're doing this because once the draft where they have to replace Brady comes around (I'm guessing 2012/2013/2014 depending on when he decides to retire) they can trade up and select an elite QB prospect to groom. Smart thinking really... I wouldn't be surprised if they did that next year if Barkley comes out of USC.

3. They do load up with 2nd rd picks which can be vry dangerous if used correctly... but thanks god they don't have a great eye for talent.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

They'll stockpile picks until a female becomes draft eligible. When that happens they will trade up to the first pick and offer her a record contract to lead the franchise. They've already broken the mold by drafting the first openly gay quarterback.

6. JohnnyThaJet

AJ Green is slightly better but Blackmon and Jeffery are better than Jones simply because they have glue for hands.

7. 73klecko

73klecko Member

ooooh I'm scared. What would we ever do if they drafted a top shelf receiver???

Oh, let Revis put him to sleep. Please.

8. JohnnyThaJet

All Im saying is, even with Revis on one there's still Welker to worry about. Its just the fact that they could get an amazingly talented receiver and it sucks but we shall see.

9. 73klecko

73klecko Member

My point is they will trade it into the year after that.

The Jets and Patriots have completely different philophies when it comes to the draft. Jets want difference makers and Patriots want quantity. In my humble opinion, the Patriots are only good because of #12 and their coach. That's why when people talk about what they need they say OT, OG, RB, WR, DE, OLB, CB. That is a lot of needs for a team that went 14-2 and that is not impacted by free agents leaving. Brady and BB cover up a lot of those holes.

Also, the problem with having 12 picks every year is you end up cutting guys you took high a year later, Crable, O'Connell, Wheatley, etc. I'm sure Butler and Brace will be on there way out this year because they have been disappointments.

Jets philosphy works as long as they hit. So far they have with the exception of Gholston.

10. Highbridge

Highbridge Member

I think that last year we were saying "watch out for the Patriots and the 2011 draft"! They are a great regular season team because they aren't getting the difference makers in the current draft. It's always next year!

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Patriots will trade a bunch of first round picks to get Andrew Luck next year.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The Pats always have a plan for the following year. It's to trade their picks for more future picks so they can repeat the vicious cycle for the next 10 years. I'm yet to see a stellar draft with all these draft picks they accumulate.

13. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Scary thought, but very possible. They could have done it this year (had their plan for the Raiders to suck went correctly and Luck came out).

14. ........

........ Trolls

This times inphillyty

15. ........

........ Trolls

I hate you so much right now.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If there is a team in desperate need of a franchise QB, I don't think there is any amount of ammo that can pry them away from Andrew Luck.

The Pats are gonna have to choke hard this year if they really want Luck, and I really doubt that's their main target for next year...

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Luck will be the #1 pick overall if he isn't a major fuckup/cripple by the end of the next season. The Pats won't be able to trade up to the top pick.

I do look for the Niners to scuttle their next season, get the #1 pick and reunite Luck with his college coach.

1-15 is not a big stretch for the Niners at this point.

18. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

There is a 0% chance the pats are making moves this year to gear up for any specific prospect in next years draft. You seem to know your stuff, so I'm surprised that you would think they are actually drafting this year, with one of next years WR's in mind.

If I had to guess, they are going to end up with 10 picks this year, and 4 of them will be cut. They will do the same thing again next year.

They have had the opportunity in the past to move up and get the one stud who can all but gaurantee them a Super Bowl, and they pass on the guy so they can trade down, and make 10 picks for depth that they already had. Half their picks were cut before playing a down.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Personally, I think if any of the following teams get the #1 pick they would trade it for a bunch of 1st & 2nd Rounders in a heartbeat:

Carolina
    Denver
    Atlanta
    Tennessee
    Dallas
    Jacksonville
    Houston
    Minnesota
    Detroit
    St. Louis
    San Diego
    New York Giants
    Tampa Bay
    Indianapolis
    Philadelphia
    New Orleans
    Kansas City
    Baltimore
    Chicago
    New York Jets
    Pittsburgh
    Green Bay

That's 22 of 32 teams. Which means the Patriots have an almost 70% chance of drafting Andrew Luck next year!

20. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I keep thinking they are going to make a move every year and they don't. Sooner or later they will but they have been doing this for several years and nothing. They just pick up extra 2nd and hope for the less money they get lucky with a star.