I just bought Jets v Broncos tickets...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Baumeister, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I am so pumped just picked up two tickets for the Jets @ Broncos game Oct.17.
    1.) I am wondering if any fellow TGG members will be attending the match up?
    2.) I have never been to a tailgate party so tips from veteran tailgaters will be appreciated and locations of any Jets tailgate parties at Invesco would be awesome.
    I am not even positive if this should even be posted in here. Sorry if it is to soon but I am so excited to go to this game and see the J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS! in action.
    Thank you,
    Baumeister

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I would plead with you to get in before the kickoff.

Jets fans are notorious for strolling in after kickoff.

Please be in before gametime.

3. Baumeister

I will be in my seat for kickoff. Thanks for the words of wisdom NDmick.
    :jets:

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Welcome.

It pains me to think people pay so much money for those tickets and don't watch the entire game.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I've only been to one road game versus more than 40 home games, be prepared to be the enemy. I went to Saints game last year and saw nothing but Jets fans in the French Quarter Saturday night and Sunday morning and thought, "wow, we're taking over this Dome." I couldn't have been more wrong. It was a sea of Black and Gold. I know it ain't the Superdome, just be ready.

6. Baumeister

I know just dropped $250 including $32 for "service fees". I am going to take in the entire game even if the Jets are up by 50 pts I am there till the end.

7. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Just depends on where you go, I went to the Cincy Jets playoffs game and there were a ton of Jets fans and all the Cincy fans around us were actually nice to us

8. Baumeister

That is the tough part I wish there would be nothing but a sea of Jets fans at the game but that will not be the reality. It would be cool if there were some friendly Jets fans in the section. Maybe I will get lucky. Thanks for the tip.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Oh..don't get me wrong, the fans (except a couple of real assholes) were good to me and the wife. We had three old timers right behind us and they didn't want to like us but by the end of the game they did, I think. We didn't go in there and act like we owned the place. No "I wanna marry Mark Sanchez" signs. We yelled at the appropriate times and hung our heads at the appropriate times. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. In fact, I thought about those 3 guys when the Saints beat the Colts in February. I was thinking how happy they must have been and then (of course) when will it finally happen for us.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You're gonna have a blast. My buddy moved to Denver 6 years ago and absolutely loves it there. Can't give you any tips, though, because I've never been there. Bring them some luck. :up:

11. ........

........ Trolls

Denver's a tough place to be a visiting fan, though. The only one of the AFC West stadiums that is decent to opposing fans is San Diego, and even that has changed a bit. Oakland is by far the worst, followed by KC and Denver. As far as easy places to be a visiting fan, nothing beats San Francisco. They'd pull your seat out for you to sit if they weren't bolted to the ground.

12. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Funny you mention that. I went to New England many years ago (1994). I went with a group of guys I know, several weren't even Jets fans. But it was my first away game. So smart as I am, I decided to wear my custom replica Jets jersey with my name on it.

Going into the game, it seemed like Jets fans were everywhere. I made several big mouth New Yorker remarks to a whole lot of Pats fans. All in good fun.

Fast forward through a pitiful Boomer Esiason performance.

We left before the game ended since the Jets looked so lively (they sucked). Anyway, it seemed like the only folks who went to the game were the Jets fans since there weren't any left in the lot. All the NE fans I taunted remained and appeared to remember me and my customized jersey talking shit all the way in. I got a good taste of humble pie on the way out.

Moral of the story. Don't be a dick to the opposing fans like I was. Show a little respect. And don't wear a customized jersey.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've been to AFC west road games in San Diego and Oakland. San Diego was harmless and at Oakland I felt like I was at a Gwar concert in a prison run by the insane clown posse.

Denver fans seem harmless to me but I've never been. Be respectful until we're up by 20, by that point the fans will be defeated anyway. This may or may not cause violence. You only live once.

14. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

I'm thinking of making the trip down from Van, where are you sitting and where did you get your tickets?

Btw, is Denver a city worth seeing or should I make it a short trip?

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I agree. Many fans wait until 10 minutes before kickoff to get inside, and they get caught up in long lines to get into the stadium (can take 20-30 minutes to get through security). This should be VASTLY improved in the new stadium. There are so many more openings to get into the stadium.

I took this picture at the stadium. Look at all the people in yellow that are available to pat you down. It's got to be at least 10 times as many people.

[​IMG]

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ wow.

That's a lot of security dudes.

It should increase considering all of the entrances will have that.

17. steelzeppelin

steelzeppelin Member

I will hopefully be at the game if I can get off work. I just moved out to denver

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

If a large, prematurely graying, ogrish-type fellow, think Shrek meets Taylor Hicks, wearing a Klecko jersey, offers you hand relief behind the porta-johns in Lot P, don't give in.

19. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

That is our road trip this year....we are in section 231.....8 of us are going this year...staying in LoDo, which is downtown Denver, about a mile from the stadium, there are a bunch of bars and stuff from what we can tell....there is also a trolley that can take you out to Invesco.....this is our 6th road trip (Jax, Buffalo, KC, GB, NO)....Lambeau was awesome, best time was definitely NO last year....city was a blast....

20. Baumeister

I picked up my tickets at the NFL ticket exchange online. Denver is cool I don't live there but we go there once or twice a year to visit my sister in law and have a good time.
    Sweet I will be sitting in section 230 row 16 hope to see you there.