I hate the free agents we are looking at...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hotcoles87123, Mar 11, 2006.

1. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Anyone else agree? I liked what we have done so far with the cuts, and contracts, because it looked like we were really going to rebuild with some youth. Now all I hear about is getting these old players, who are way past their prime. I don't want McGinist, Or Kimo Von Olhoffen, or Dan Campbell, or Kitna, or tom Ashworth, or that other LB Chatem from NE. I don't want all the old New England players on my team. most of these guys are players you bring to a playoff team to fill a hole. not to a team like the jets, who will not be good for a while. We don't have much of a base. QB is in question, O-Line is in question- D is OK. Lets just get some young guys to come in here and be the future of this team.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

This is the way the Belichick system works. They mix veterans with young players. They bring in young guys to split time with the veterans, and then when the young guys are ready, they replace the vets. No one should expect any Belichick disciple to totally rebuild with all youth, because that's not the way that they think.

3. e-x

e-x New Member

i'll give a crap when they actually sign someone, can't complain from reading some rumor site

4. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

Whats wrong with Kitna, solid QB

5. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

So your saying you don't want experienced players who know how to win?

6. green27

green27 New Member

Jets | von Oelhoffen will visit team Saturday
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:55:13 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent DL Kimo von Oelhoffen (Steelers) will visit with the New York Jets on Saturday, March 11.

Since the DT from baltimore is gone I would take Kimo or better off sam adams but we need to make a splash.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

man if were gonna sign 2nd tier FA.. i hope we look at cb Brian Williams he is a stud.

8. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

You gonna talk about their penis sizes next?

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

*...Awkward...*

10. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Of course I do-- but that does not include 34 year old players who can't run, and at best will give us 1 decent year, and then retire. We will still be a bad team even if we signed Kimo von olhoffen, Willie McGinist, Jon Kitna, Tom Ashworth, and Dan Campbell. We would still miss the playoffs with all of those guys. So why not just strip the old guys like we have done, and replace them with youth-- I'm not saying all rookies, but guys like Barret, McCareins and Barton, who were like 26, didn't cost a lot, and were solid additions to the team. the last thing I want to do is give Willie mcGinist like 4 million a year just so he can be the slowest LB in the AFC East again.

11. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

It was from a post that the original topic starter made about players on our team and their penis sizes.

12. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Ask you fucking father how big their dicks are.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

you hit it right on, yes...

we're a building team, so getting 34-35 year old guys is just going to hurt us even more

14. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Seriously, thank you SO MUCH for realizing that. Everyone else on this damn site wants the Patiots players, and/or a bunch of old slow expensive vets-- If Mangini wants us to be so much like the patriots, why doesn't he get us a good QB for starters.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You need to chill out with the vulgarity...I could care less if we don't bring in any BIG time free agents. The Pats rarely ever (never) did that. We are going to be a fairly young team so you need to add some vets to the team. Kimo is a great example of that. Guys like Tom Ashworth would also be smart. Fairly cheap players that can contribute.

As far as guys like Rosenfelds and Chatham...you need to bring in guys from all different levels of talent. A guy like Chatham could be nice to have around because he is familiar with Mangini.

I am not worried about the Jets in Free agency. Jets fans do this every year. We don't sign someone to a 50 Billion dollar contract and every one gets their panties in a bunch "Man! When are we gonna make a splash! I guess it's the same old Jets..."

Chill out already!

#15 PennyandtheJets, Mar 11, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  16. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Relax man!

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

wow @ this thread

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I dont really like the Ramsey idea either...but imo we should get a 22-25 year old in FA...i wouldn't draft one unless we got a good steal

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

As long as they don't give them huge contracts, it's all good. What young players on the FA market are we going to be able to sign at these positions? We need someone for the D-line. Right now, we can't guarantee that a rookie will be able to jump right in and play well. Sign a guy like von Olehoffen and let him man the DT position until the guys we draft are ready. So long as they don't break the bank on these FAs, it won't hurt the rebuilding process. It's one thing to rebuild through the draft, but putting all your eggs in a rookie's basket with no saftey net is a recipe for disaster.

20. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

We should trade for Ramsey (never thought I would say that) should sign Lavar, and should have signed Bently. That would let us draft best available players, and still have a young core.