I Hate Free Agency!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Feb 22, 2006.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

You look at 90% of the posts on this board, and all we're talking about is getting under the salary cap.

What about fielding a team that can play a little?

I've snapped. I don't like this player movement. I don't care if it's unAmerican, I want things to go back to the way it was. You get drafted by a team, and you're stuck with that team until your 10 year contract runs out, or you get traded.

It's impossible to root for anyone anymore. It's impossible to know which jersey to buy! Pennington got a 64 million dollar contract, and he's going!

The Jets of the 70's sucked, but at least you knew who was on the team. Free agency makes it possible for mediocre GMs to hold onto their jobs because there's always a high-gloss FA out there to be had.

There's no skill required in picking the best All-Pro who can't be signed by his original team because of the salary cap.

2. AlToon

AlToon Member

Better get used to it because MLB is the only sport w/o a cap system

It's a business for the team and the player.It's not personal

3. baamf

baamf Active Member

:rofl: :rofl:
    Yes you have...

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Actually, I think we should all get down on our knees and give thanks for free agency. Football is the one sport with true competitive balance. You had better hope you don't get your wish and a new collective bargaining agreement can't be reached. An uncapped year with unlimited free agency will be a disaster. Free Agency, the Salary Cap and the NFL Draft are all crucial to the continued success of the NFL.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How do you say that when you have the Texans/Cards/Lions/Jets & other bottom feeding teams?

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Well...picking good free agent players is still not necessarily going to do anything for you (Redskins).

A team is still built through good draft picks and holding onto those players, not raiding the FA market.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The Jets have been a contender (with the exception of a couple of down years) every year since 1997. Free agency/salary cap/draft can't solve management incompotence (Cards/Lions) or bad coaching (Texans). It is the best system in professional sports....period.