I’m tired of defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Nov 27, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Troy Aikman said it best “the Jets are a bad team with a good defense”

Pepsiguy5, KWJetsFan and Acad23 like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if there is 1 thing I learned in life, it's that people will take things the way they take them regardless of the intent of what you say or do. and you have 0 control over that. I've had things explained to me, I never once felt people were being condescending. I can't control how people take things, sometimes we have to look internally to understand that. I grew up with (and based on the ages of people here most probably did as well) sticks and stones and all. People are too soft these days. I would expect it from a younger crowd but younger crowds tend to stick to reddit and twitter. thats why I prefer old school message boards and don't use any 'social media" I would assume most people here are in a similar mindset or they'd be on a more popular site with less characters per post

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well it's hard to tell when someone is being serous or making a joke sometimes in text alone. you may use it as a joke, another may be dead serious with the same statement. kinda goes back to my previous reply

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I definitely get how it happens, I just don’t get how professionals let it happen. Rodgers would have been a disaster this season behind this line . Yet they came out opening night with that Wwf level entry like we already won something. We all saw it, there were threads on it last summer. Yet these guys have had 3 years to fix this offense, and instead insist on pushing the Zach agenda, while failing to surround him with an o line and another receiver. Even with a defensive minded hc, there are people in charge of solidifying the offense. It’s just mind boggling to me.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who wouldn’t sign up for the 9-7 2010 Chargers right now?

REVISion likes this.
  6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

A very good defense is more easily attainable in a shorter amount of time because with decent talent/good scheme for that to be successful you don't have to have Aaron Donald in the middle of it - flip side, I don't care if there is decent talent on offense if the QB blows, the team is fucked. Proof being just a decent QB, Mike White, could essentially walk into MLF's offense and ball like a mutha whereas ZW was pure clown show...

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Letting white go , when they knew he was better than Zach , makes me wonder why we even bother when winning takes a back seat to in-office politics.

Pepsiguy5, Ralebird and PennyRoyal10 like this.