I’m tired of defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Nov 27, 2023.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

When the offense is outstanding, draft a pass rusher, sign a fat guy to clog the middle, and sign a mercenary like Jalen Saunders/Marcus Peters, or the countless other stud CB’s that spend a career on 3-5 teams. Until then, keep focusing on creating an outstanding offense.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I am solidly against drafting a QB until the team has an O-line that can consistently BOTH open run lanes and protect the QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the offense sucks, there is no debating that. it's not going strawmen to say we had a shit defense that is now elite and that the offense suffered too many injuries to give a fair judgement on the roster.
    strawman is going back a decade to make a point when it has nothing to do with the current regime, and the fact people are doing that just proves my point. that fans are so sick of bad offenses over the past 30+ years that they don't have patience. most fans would love to see us go 2-15 if it meant we put 30pts a game. I'd rather see a well rounded team that can win consistently.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

really really Dumb.

nobody has said that and no 2-15 team has ever averaged 30pts per game anyway

Acad23, papapump and REVISion like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

like Detroit. They built a wall and now they are 8-3 with Jared Goff

Star Tackle Penei Sewell drafted 5 picks after Zach Wilson by the way

#45 BrowningNagle, Nov 27, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Why do you feel the need to mansplain everything on every post as if everybody on this board just got out of grade school and has absolutely zero knowledge of football?

Acad23 likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

As always, he's just moving the goalposts to fit his argument. Nobody's impatient anymore, it's been eight years since the Jets had a truly functional offense. During those eight years, we've endured three different head coaches, two GM's, and multiple peaks and valleys where the peaks are about 100 feet below sea level and the valleys are being laughingstock of the league. Meanwhile other teams have gone from just as bad to contenders in a single year, two years at most, regularly. Happens every season.

But we're impatient.

8. GasedAndConfused

no but plenty of good offenses failed to make the playoffs and obviously i was exaggerating a little
    2010 chargers 27+ PPG, missed playoffs
    bills currently 27+ PPG are 6-6 (5th best)
    chargers currently 24.5PPG (8th best) same record as us

fans are just sick of bad offenses and I get it. chiefs wisely shed offensive talent to bolster the defense and won a SB and are still the 2 seed in the AFC right now despite falling out of the top 10 in points per game. a well rounded team is whats important. we need to shed defense to gain some offense and balance things out but every team will have holes and if mahomes went down, they chiefs would suck. we are seeing the bengals do the same thing. I wonder if their fans are bitching about their backup QB. honestly I haven't even looked to see if they are

9. GasedAndConfused

those 2 lines are just proving my point. you can't complain about the current regime using complaints from the old regime. for that matter we could have a top 5 offense the next decade and still be below average for the last 30 years. the past is the past, no need to dwell on it. If you can't take having a shitty past, then being a jets fan isn't a good idea.

10. GasedAndConfused

why do people feel the need to throw out buzzwords in the wrong way and then get mad when someone explains why it's wrong? it's either that or say "your wrong" which one leads to a better conversation and is polite? i'll give it a try.

thats not what mansplaining is, I won't tell you why though because apparently that triggers people

11. The_Darksider

As usual, you're putting words in my mouth and making assumptions based on whatever it is you want. I've been a jet fan for 42 years, all I have is a bad pest. I don't celebrate and revel in the glory days of championship game appearances like a lot of people do. I have no idea where you think I can't handle a bad past.

I stated a fact, our offense is terrible and has been for a long time. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the current regime screwed it up or another regime did. It has been terrible for years, it is no longer a matter of patience. This regime has had multiple opportunities to do the right thing if you do want to pigeonhole it by each regime, so even if I play your game, and only limit it to this group, it's been three full seasons of not having the foresight to put a solid quarterback behind a raw quarterback three straight seasons is not a matter of patience anymore.

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Chargers are in the top half of the league in point differential. We are 2nd to last. They are a much better team than us. The Bills are also a much better team than us.

These examples are absurd and just make it seem like you're throwing all logic out the window because you've dug your heels in on exaggerated claims that make no sense.

Your point here basically comes down to "a well rounded team is best." Well yeah, obviously, but nobody is arguing against that. We're just saying that if you can have only one, a good offense or a good defense, a good offense is much better to have. That makes our current situation under our current GM and coach a complete failure.

13. The_Darksider

lol i'm not sure a man can mansplain to another man, so that was just humor. However, you are overexplaining obvious things to try and get your point across, and most of it is subjective and an opinion. Others have a different opinion, and you explaining why they're wrong is a form of mansplaining even if it isn't by the normally accepted definition of the word.

14. GasedAndConfused

and i've been a jet fan since birth and i'm in my 40s so whats your point? at this point we are all old enough to know what we are getting into. this franchise has been inept since as long as I can remember save for a few years here and there spread out.

I didn't put any words in your mouth either. thats was a direct quote from you

15. GasedAndConfused

i'm not really making a point other then most people here would be happy being a middling team as long as it meant we had a good offense. people are tired of seeing a shit offense. yet some are denying it? I'm not really sure at this point. people are ranting out of anger so much it basically turns into a "I said it but didn't mean it" type situation.

16. The_Darksider

What's my point? You acted like I can't handle the Jets having a bad past, those are your exact words. So when I explain to you that I've been through 42 years of have a bad past, you tell me I'm not staying on point? Lol

If I hadn't lived through the butt fumble and the fail Mary, I would think you can't make this stuff up. But we're Jets fans, clearly you can.

17. GasedAndConfused

well like I said you can either explain it or not.
    If you explain it, it's "mansplaining"
    if you don't, its "drive by posting"
    so it's really no win either way.
    I just think explaining things actually leads to a conversation where drive by posting simply just leads to a twitter like thread which is basically forum cancer

18. The_Darksider

Agreed, explaining leads to a conversation. Being seemingly, and I say seemingly because it comes off that way, condescending in How are you trying to teach people basic concepts because it seems as if you don't believe they understand them, that's when it becomes mansplaining.

But let's just leave the term alone, I used it as a joke. You take everything literally, and I will keep that in mind going forward.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

not that you can't handle it, just that the sins of the past weight heavy on fans, which causes things to be worse off in the hearts of fans.
    If we had good offenses all the time and this was an outlier, people wouldn't be that upset. it's upsetting because this offensive ineptitude is the norm of the jets
    The best thing is just accepting sometimes we are cursed and hope we do the best not to repeat the same mistakes.
    the fail mary or hell mary (most are calling it hell mary because fail mary was taken already) I called with my friend group. 1st black friday game, we started tim boyle I said there is going to be some embarrassing play like the butt fumble that gets played for a decade on EPSN again. guaranteed it. sure enough after the play I just said called it and everyone had a laugh.

20. BrowningNagle

Ok good talk