Hypothetical question about Texans game

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by ouchy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

In the first half Sanchez goes 4 of 13 for 29 yards and an INT - and looks confused.

At halftime the Texans are winning 10-0 because our defense is playing well.

Do we put Tebow in for the second half or let Mark try to turn it around in the second half?

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You let Sanchez work it out. If you are going to do a change you do it during the week so that Tebow/McElroy can prepare.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Your hypothetical question included our "defense is playing well", something that hasn't happened yet.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Actually we held the last three teams to 10 first half points. In the second half the defense gets gassed and they get figured out - and maybe they stop playing so hard??

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Relating to the forum switch - somehow this is a Tim Tebow question and not a Jets question?

Here is a better hypothetical question. If Tim Tebow becomes our starter does the lame ass stupid ass decision to create a Tim Tebow forum end. The man wears a Jets uniform and is our second string QB.

But the Jets cant talk about the second string QB unless its in another forum. Stupid.

6. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

I don't think any member of the Jets is talking here at GG.com. LOL.

I'm on the fence re #15, but I actually think its a smart idea keeping all tebow all the time in a separate forum on this site.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

my question would be why did mark even play the second quarter? hell why did he start?

we have shown we cant win with him at qb without a great D, run game, and skill players. right now we have none of the 3.

8. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Keep going with Mark is the default logical conclusion. If the Jets are only 10 points behind at the half, the Jets are probably doing good.

How the game is going could effect whether continuing with Mark is the correct real time conclusion. The Texans could have gotten 7 of their points from a Mark pick 6 or fumble, as examples.

#8 Remarker, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  9. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

I think it is a great hypothetical and could very well play out in reality. As a Tebow fan, I am on the fence, while I would love to see him come in the second half and start the magic show with a comeback victory, if he struggles, where are the Jets then?
    If you let Sanchez play it out, once the game is over his fate is sealed for good. You then give Tebow a full week of preparation against a Colts team the Jets could/should beat.
    A badass Texans defense (might be the best in the NFL) with a lead is not where you want to break in with your first extended playing time of the season. Let Sanchez get shut out two weeks in a row so there isn't any debate about whether or not he should lose his job.

10. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Hypothetical answer: If, Mark is benched this evening, look at the 'Trade Me Wires' beginning Tuesday AM. :eek:hmy: (Think Kyle "Cowboys Clipboard Holder" Orton.

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If Sanchez gets benched, it will 100,000% be Tebow replacing him. If you think there is a QB controversy now, just imagine if McElroy was given the start over Tebow. Just think of the media coverage.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

In other words? U wouldnt want to see Tebow play against the good ones just the bad ones.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

I don't think anyone gives the jets much of a chance regardless who starts at QB this week. Don't think Tebow can work miracles, but there are those who will jump on him not performing them as "proof" he cant play. Sanchez gets beat by the texans and it is becasue the Texans are awesome(they are) and the Jets lack talent(they do). Tebow loses to the Texans and it is because Tebow sucks. I would use the regular season loss to the patriots last year as proof

14. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Well most of his fans want him to do well. Putting him in vs the number 1 defense with almost no work with the 1's and a playbook not suited for him isn't really doing him any favors.

I wouldn't mind seeing tebow vs the texans at all if he was announced starter last week, got most of the #1 reps and some tebow friendly plays practiced. I think thats how most of his fans feel.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm a Tebow fan, but I feel differently than you. In pro sports is "next man up". Doesn't matter when it happens or who the opponent is. You better be ready to play. Backups have to deal with this all the time. Tebow is no different. In fact, he's thrived under pressure for the most part.

16. LongIslandLou

LongIslandLou New Member

At that point I'd put him. Whattaya got to lose

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yes.

It should have happened at Pitt and at 49ers.

That's why you got Tebow, to relief pitch in tough spots that the conventional offense is not working in...or so everybody thought , except for Rex and Sporano of course.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call giving up a 3rd and 19 by missing a sack and overruning the ball being gassed after coming out of halftime, but I get your point.

The offense hasn't helped the defense, but it's not like the defense is playing lights out. They are missing tackles early in the game, which they just cannot do if this team wants to be successful.